Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Individual photos may now have their own captions

I should have added this feature in the first place.

You can now add a caption for each individual photo you upload. You add the caption at the time that you upload the photo, and you can also go back later and edit in the caption.

When you are viewing the fullsize image, if you're the one who uploaded the image, it will give you an option to "Edit this image". Click that and you can then add the caption. There's no limit on caption size.

dave

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Dave, I was surprised you didn't have this in the beginning, but patience is a virtue ;0)

thanks
jan

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad I stumbled onto this Forum and the new site.
Candee

This message was edited Jul 26, 2007 7:46 AM

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Dave:

I added new photos to my entry yesterday, but for some reason I can't see the captions. Then today someone else sent me an entry to look at, and I can't see her captions either. Is this something to do with my settings, or did I miss a step when I made my changes, or....?

Janet

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Where are you when you're looking for the captions? They don't show up when you're in the view where you can see thumbnails of all the pics in that particular landscape. You have to click on an individual pic to enlarge it, then you'll see the caption.

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

AhhhhHAH!! I now have incontrovertible proof that I AM an idiot!
Thanks, ecrane...amazing how well that worked.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You're not an idiot! LOL When Dave first made this feature I had assumed you'd be able to see the captions on the thumbnail page. Actually I think it would be nice if you could, the thumbnails here are large enough that some people may never click on the images to enlarge them so I think it would be nice if the captions were visible on the thumbnail page.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Does this mean that people can list the names of each plant in each photo for the benefit of their viewers? I don't know if that is a software feature or manually done since I am computer challenged. It would save people from sending a lot of D-mails and emails if the names of the plants were given in the photos.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

The captions are done manually, anyone who uploads pictures can put in their own caption. You can put whatever you want in the caption, so I'm sure some people will list what the plants are but others won't (sometimes they may not know the names, or if it's a broad shot of the garden with tons of different plants they may choose not to list all of them since there are so many and it would be hard to show which name goes with which plant). So if you see something and want to know what it is, your best bet is to dmail the person who submitted the picture--if they know what the plant is I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

The reason I ask is that I've been on one blogspot and you can move your mouse over the plants and the name will pop into the picture. Is that the software or owner manually doing that when they put the photo on? Great feature to have..Anna Looper(aka Flowergardengirl)from Clemmons, NC has this feature on her site.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

That's not the sort of captions we have here--the only type of caption you can do in this database is a line or two of text that will be displayed underneath the picture when someone views it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.