Where to learn a craft....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

I love sayings....poems.....scripture and have always wanted to put them on things and sell them. Where do I begin? Should I take a caligraphy class? I have nice hand writing..... Should I take a one stroke painting class to decorate the signs or whatever I chose to put them on? What are some ideas to put them on? I just keep "thinking" about doing this but I really want to start. I've never taken an art class and I really don't have a clue.

Thanks for any ideas from all you crafty people :)

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

There is so much you could do -

First thing that comes to mind is polymer clay plaques for short sayings.....

Caligraphy is great - but - what about using the computer to do the pretty fonts and learning transfer techniques to put on things....I'll find a link....can't explain it....be back...

Try diy.com or hgtv.com and look under crafts....there are SO many things it's hard to pick out just one. Try to look a things too as just a jumping off place - like - "now if I added my poem here...."

good luck

Marcia

This message was edited May 17, 2007 7:39 AM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Many craft stores offer classes too, you might look into that. Then you can take a few different classes and decide what you enjoy the most.

Victoria Harbour, ON

As for sayings..there are 3 great books out that cover every topic imaginable..I have them at home..will look for them and post...you are better to do freehand style!!! In the books it gives you detailed instructions as to different type lettering..you'll do fine..books aren't costly..I've volume 1 / 2 and 3..you don't need all of them...or you can tell me what kind of quotes in what topics and I'll type some for you...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images