-
AuthorContent
babybird
Wilkes Barre, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2007
1:06 PM

Post #3526676

There has been small, bright, dark blue-colored birds in my back yard with tan or brown colored birds(mates) of the same type. They look like finches or sparrows. I have never seen them before. I've seen yellow ones and brown ones but never this blue color. I have been trying to find them on the internet so I can identify them.Every bird identity site that I found did not have the bird. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a picture. There has been several groups of them until about 2 days ago when I found my feeder in the backyard by my faerie garden; tipped by one of the bears in my area. I am going to take care of the feeder so I can put it back up. And hopefully will see the birds again.
Can anyone help me to identify this bird? Maybe a website that I haven't tried?
Stelco
Dewitt, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2007
9:53 PM

Post #3528513

Try Indigo Bunting.
Equilibrium

May 23, 2007
11:29 PM

Post #3528772

OH MY WORD! I have only seen one of those on my property. I keep hoping but it hasn't happened for me. I love those birds. You are so lucky.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0geu7wfzlRGJU0AzWpXNyoA?p=Indigo%20Bunting&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt&fr2=tab-web
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2007
12:26 AM

Post #3528914

Had one hit the window at work last week. I went and showed it to some of the gardeners and they loved looking at him. He was beautiful. That was the first time I had seen one. The lady who runs our gift shop said she had been seeing them flying around the Visitor's Center that weekend. I hope I get some in my yard too.
KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

May 24, 2007
12:35 AM

Post #3528946

Have you tried http://whatbird.com/ ? Scroll down and look on the left side - once you get the hang of it, you can usually find what you want. Easy to remember, too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Bird Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: can anybody ID this bird (#2) lilyfantn 15 Dec 12, 2009 2:52 AM
CLOSED: What is this? konkreteblond 23 Jan 18, 2008 1:39 PM
CLOSED: Need confirm on ID pelletory 12 Mar 10, 2007 9:25 PM
CLOSED: Is this? Marilyn_FL 16 Jul 3, 2009 9:15 PM
CLOSED: This was in a field across from my house in north Jersey ago wilkins2 2 Mar 11, 2007 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America