Some poppies from my gardens....

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here are some poppies, don't know who they are, but like them just the same...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is another pink, but a tad bit darker than the first pinks...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Standard orange poppies... They just glow in the dark..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And finally, another Pinnacle bloomed for me... They are just about done...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Greenwich, OH

The pink oriental poppy looks like Princess Victoria Louise.Nice!looking poppies,these will return every year.All your poppies are perennials.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Skimper, I know they are Orientals and that they are perennials, I just don't remember who the cultivars are... :) Those tags are long since gone... Those poppies have been in that bed for probably 10 years...

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is the last bloom of the orginal orange orientals that were here when we acquired the place...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Forest City, IA

Ticker...lovely pics of your poppies. I have some of the standard orange poppies that I would like to move. They are quite invasive and look like thistles when they are done blooming. I don't want to destroy them as they are beautiful when in bloom. Can I dig them up and transplant after they are finished blooming or should I wait until fall?

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you. I think you are supposed to wait till they go dormant, and then you can dig them and move them.... I've been known to rip them out weeding in the spring if they are to invasive and my husband just picks them up and plants them and they grow for him. They would die for me if I actually cared if they lived or died... LOL

Diann

This message was edited May 30, 2007 2:04 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.