Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Checkers Oriental Poppy

Greenwich, OH

Photo taken today of second yr.bloom.

Thumbnail by skimper
Louisville, KY

I had this one in my garden until the rabbits did it in. I have planted choir boy from seeds for next year. Thanks again for posting

Greenwich, OH

The poppy is a nice white color. Stray cats always seem to get in my flowers.This year they haven"t been to bad.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I wintersowed this poppy this year. I just potted up some of the wintersown sprouts tonight since I have no idea where I want to plant them :)

Such a lovely poppy.

Greenwich, OH

You will like this poppy.very!nice white poppy.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Yeah, mine won't bloom till next season... I wintersowed some Coral Reef and Brilliant Red poppies, too.... They are all now potted up sitting next to my Checkers. :)

Diann

Greenwich, OH

Diann: Good Luck!with your oriental poppies.Always a nice poppy with great!colors.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This is the first time I've wintersowed anything but the Brilliant Red poppies... My luck, they will all turn out to be orange. ;) LOL Oh well, if they do, then there will be spots for them, too. :)

Diann

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful poppy! I have poppies for the first time, this year. So, far, all that have bloomed have been a beautiful pink, but I'm a little disappointed that they haven't been mixed colors, like I had planned.
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.