Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Tropical Zone Gardening: The serpent in paradise

Communities > Forums > Tropical Zone Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Tropical Zone GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 98
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI
(Zone 11)

June 2, 2007
8:43 PM

Post #3566687

Did my old heart good to see this cockroach stuck in the filter of the dishwasher. I let him suffer and then I dissed him!!!

Hate those critters!!!! Boric Acid IS my friend!!!

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

June 2, 2007
10:29 PM

Post #3566919

LOL. I can't stand looking at any big bug.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
3:31 AM

Post #3568072

We get some big ones too. Nina has had a couple in her house...YIKES! , but so far I have just had the usual spiders, ants, and a little something that might have been a roach but did NOT live long enough to identify it as such. Quick, I have to find some wood to knock on!! I can't believe you looked at it long enough to take a pic! Carol you truly are brave, aren't you!!??
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
3:54 AM

Post #3568147

Carol , it really must be paradise. I just saw the pics of the thin ladder that your DH climbed up to get your flowers!!!!! Girl - that man is a keeper!!!! I have been looking at all the flowers on the Big Island Growers site...all that beauty and a good man besides! Boy it just doesnt' get any better than that!
AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
5:33 AM

Post #3568435

You got that right!!!

The Only negative side is that the man will not let me prune!!! OH, yes...I can do the citrus trees (he likes his orange juice) but I can't touch anything!!! Drives me nuts!!! He is a great guy and really supports my crazy whims (Oh, let's collect shrumburgias now...OK, let's collect...)...but then, he goes bananas with palms and bamboo!!!

Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
5:49 AM

Post #3568471

I'm not going to ask how you pulled a muscle in your back...but my imagination is giving me the giggles. Take it easy friend mine, and make that man make you some tea!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tropical Zone Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 92 May 31, 2007 7:56 PM
Gardening In AUSTRALIA . Way Way South ! ginger749 170 Dec 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Fern erradication AlohaHoya 85 May 12, 2009 2:37 AM
plants - I promise! Islandshari 23 May 28, 2007 11:33 PM
dead bees on young crape myrtles tab2 5 Oct 31, 2009 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America