Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Tropical Zone Gardening: Philippine based sources for plants

Communities > Forums > Tropical Zone Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Tropical Zone GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Stormm411
New Westminster, BC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2007
3:03 AM

Post #3567968

Hi, i am a split personality gardener, living in Canada and having property in the Philippines. Having gotten used to the ease of finding plant & seed sources within North America its really a head scratcher to find reliable sources for plants/seeds within the Philippines .By luck i managed to find two of my most desired " wants" for the Philippine property ( a varigated Thunbergia & Mucuna Bennetti ) but it was by luck in a vendors shop locally. Hopefully a source is available for plants within the country as the certificates/red tape of importing( let alone cost) are daunting.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
3:35 AM

Post #3568082

Have you tried looking through the Garden Watchdog? They may have something listed. Good luck!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

June 3, 2007
8:10 PM

Post #3570134

I just looked for the Philippines in Garden Watchdog and it wasn't listed in the country list. And I didn't reconize any island names in my book either. Will have to do some more digging. :~)
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 3, 2007
9:43 PM

Post #3570401

Actually I am very glad that you explained about the split personality - I was wondering why someone from BC was posting in the Tropical Gardening forum. Not that I mind!!! Far from it! Just thought there might have been a slip of the fingers or something. I know that a lot of restrictions apply to ag products going INTO Hawaii - but maybe some of the nurseries there don't have so many going OUT. Have you tried there?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tropical Zone Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 92 May 31, 2007 7:56 PM
Gardening In AUSTRALIA . Way Way South ! ginger749 170 Dec 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Fern erradication AlohaHoya 85 May 12, 2009 2:37 AM
plants - I promise! Islandshari 23 May 28, 2007 11:33 PM
dead bees on young crape myrtles tab2 5 Oct 31, 2009 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America