Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts: 3 projects

Communities > Forums > Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts
bookmark
Forum: Scrapbooking and Paper CraftsReplies: 7, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lafko06
Brimfield, MA
(Zone 5a)

June 6, 2007
1:52 PM

Post #3581923

Hi there,

I'm working on 3 scrapbook projects and I'm asking for additional ideas if you have any to share with me.

1. My niece is pregnant so I have been scrapping and journaling her doctor appointments, ultrasounds, pics of her belly. I have one page called "Before I was a Mommy I was" and then it has pics of her as a baby. Same for the dad page. A page dedicated to when they found it was a girl and I plan to put a picture of the hospital with a mapquest map to show where she was born. Any other ideas?

2. My 4 year old is adopted and we recently discussed the fact that she is adopted. We decided to tell her because she starts kindergarten on August 29th and we wanted to make sure she knew before she began school. SO... we let her adopt a kitten from a shelter and I have a scrapbook going on that process. We pick the kitten up on Friday so I'll have pictures of the shelter, the cage, Savannah holding the kitten, etc. The scrapbook will be called Look who I adopted. Any input on what else to add to this book?

3. Savannah starts Kindergarten August 29th. I have some cute kindergarten pages from the scrap store and I included all the paperwork we have had sent so far from the school. I'm sure I'll have plenty to add to it once she begins school, but any thoughts on what I might add to this book?

Thanks for looking over my message and for any suggestions.

Megan
ggd
North Saanich
Canada

June 6, 2007
3:54 PM

Post #3582458

Hi Megan. Gosh, three projects at once!!!! It takes all my time just to do one!
Not much info to give you, but I just finished a school scrapbook for my 32 year old daughter. It incorporates just about anything and everything from kindergarten right on up to university. It's 129 pages!!!!! I just did a quick look through the kindergarten stuff, and this is a poem sticker I found that you might like to find, or just print out. I thought it was very appropriate.
Good luck with your projects.

Glenda

This message was edited Jun 6, 2007 8:00 AM

Thumbnail by ggd
Click the image for an enlarged view.

lafko06
Brimfield, MA
(Zone 5a)

June 6, 2007
7:20 PM

Post #3583143

Hi Glenda,

That is sooooooo cute!!! I love it, thank you! 3 projects is overwhelming, but I want to keep everything fresh in my mind and I have to admit, I'm having fun too. :)

Have a great day!
gardenobsession
Yorktown Heights, NY

June 7, 2007
3:33 AM

Post #3585234

Megan,
Boy do you have a lot of energy!! You have some great ideas. I just finished one for my sister who just had a baby. The last page of the book has a picture of the newborn baby, a close-up of the baby's hand holding onto my sister's thumb and one of my brother-in-law's and the baby's foot. The close-ups really give a sense of scale.
dwerland
Nipomo, CA
(Zone 8a)

July 7, 2007
1:40 AM

Post #3705204

Hi Megan,
First let me suggest that for your daughters "School" album you use at least a 12 x 12 size album. Don;t go any smaller or you will not be able to fit everything in it. There are plenty of stickers a pages for every school year so embellishments should not be a problem. One thing I did with my older children was I had them write there name, there favorite friend, fave music and such on a page, then added that to "year" in their album, I had Lacey do her handprint as well because she was young when we started. So you can see the progresssion of the handwriting skills jas well as see how they physically grow.

Of course you will take first day of school pictures at some point I started to take this photo in the same spot every year, again you can see the growth of the child as well as the area around them. I also have them hold up a peice of paper that says
Garrett First day of Sixth Grade
August 28 2006
Mrs. Bishop Teacher
Becuase even though you are sure you will remember exactly what dress she wore for every first day of school, and you will never get behind in your albums, you will forget and there will be times when you will go long legnths of time bewteen working on your albums, especially sense you have three projects going at the same time.
Don't get too busy with your embellishments, they take away from the actual history you are trying to preserve. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Dayna
lafko06
Brimfield, MA
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2007
1:24 AM

Post #3733577

You're absolutely right, I would never remember and those are awesome ideas too! I am re-engerized, thanks for the new ideas!

megan
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2007
5:06 AM

Post #3767849

I love the ideas here! Just had to say, too, that letting your daughter adopt a kitten was a wonderful thing; what a way to show her what adoption is all about. :)
dpoitras
Upstate, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2007
11:01 PM

Post #4232573

I did a scrapbook for each of my grandchildren.

For my granddaughter I took a picture of her mom's belly each month and wrote her a letter about what was going on in our lives at that time and how we were planning for her arrival. I ended the book with a picture of mom, dad and baby.

For my grandson I wanted to do something different so I did a whole book about the day he was born. My daughter called me at work and told me she wasn't feeling very well could I come home. She called the doctor and told them what was going on and off we went. When we arrived at the hospital I started taking pictures. I took pictures of mom in bed, mom and dad, nurses, my oldest daughter was there as well (I guess we turn childbirth into a family affair)I promised no embarrasing pictures but I did manage to get a pic of mom pushing from the side. At the moment of birth I quickly took a picture of the clock. I took some family pictures of mom, dad, sister and baby. I also managed to get the nurse to add his footprint to a piece of paper for the book.

I plan on passing the books to them when they are old understand their value.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Digital Scrapbooking 4xthefun 28 Nov 20, 2012 2:29 PM
How to...handmade cards? jh_gardens 37 Aug 22, 2009 12:50 AM
Anyone know how to make seed embedded paper, fancy and cute? branka 10 Apr 20, 2008 9:14 PM
Links for card designs?? ggd 9 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 PM
Card Making ggd 28 Apr 17, 2010 7:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America