Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Welcome Mat: Hi from St. Louis, MO

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 7, Views: 64
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
caitrine
Saint Louis, MO

June 7, 2007
10:43 PM

Post #3588163

I moved here in March from Orlando. I pretty much killed all plants in Florida...between the fungal infections, insect attacks, sandy soil, and my native Illinois tendencies, I had a black thumb. When we moved into our house in MO, my husband said I could have 2 plants and if they lived, then I could add some more. I planted 2 basil plants in the back yard and had to pile bricks up around them so my husband wouldn't accidentally mow them down. And then 2 plants on the side of the house by the kitchen. Then the alarm and phone installation people couldn't get their act together and kept unhooking each others lines and trampled the 2 basil plants that I (unwittingly) planted in front of the phone box outside the house. But I carried on and snuck in a few more plants and then went whole hog, dug up sod, and made a 8-9 foot square garden. So far, other than the basil casualties, everything seems to be surviving (it's a miracle) so I'm hoping the Black Thumb label will be removed.

I tried posting an image but when I hit the Preview button nothing happens. When I take the picture away then the Preview button works and lets me see my message. I tried making the picture small and 72 dpi resolution but that didn't make any difference. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks, Caitrine
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

June 11, 2007
8:02 AM

Post #3601064

hello and wlecome from upstate new york. this is our growing season and most of us are busy and that is probably why no one has welcomed you yet. we are very friendly and helpful and i am sure someone will be along to helop you with your picture problem but why not just go tto the computer forum and ask them. they are all great at that stuff, or you can just send an e-mail to terry at daves garden.

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2007
2:31 PM

Post #3601797

Welcome to Dave's Garden, Caitrine! Have you found your way to the Central Midwest Gardening Forum yet? http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_lmw/all/ There are a bunch of very friendly folks there who can tell you what grows happily in your area.

Are the pictures you are trying to post in .jpg or .gif format? When you hit "browse" and find them on your computer, did you hit "open" in the little screen? Does the name of it then show up in the "Image:" rectangle down at the bottom of the screen? Your picture should show up as a little thumbnail on the preview screen. You'll be able to click on it to make it bigger after you hit "Send".

If that didn't help, I'll try to help you with more detail. :-)

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Click the image for an enlarged view.

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2007
4:11 AM

Post #3613039

Hi welcome and wishing lots of success and plants for you..
caitrine
Saint Louis, MO

June 14, 2007
10:49 PM

Post #3615722

Ok. I'm going to try posting a picture again and see what happens.

Hm. I'm getting the previewed picture this time and I wasn't before. I'm on a different computer too...maybe the other computer has some sort of glitch.

The random picture is a flower is growing at my new house. Looks like some kind of Lily.

Thanks! Caitrine

Thumbnail by caitrine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2007
11:11 PM

Post #3615786

caitrine thats a beautiful daylily lucky you already there..
caitrine
Saint Louis, MO

June 17, 2007
1:31 AM

Post #3623492

I think lilies are edible. This one tastes good...very thick and sweet. The flowers only last a day on the plant so in the evening I nibble on it. :) Caitrine
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2007
8:18 PM

Post #4277950

hi caitrine, we may be near each other, hope to see you around! Cathy4

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America