Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Best bulb supplier

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 4, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 10, 2007
10:48 AM

Post #3597421

Next year I want to add a lot more glads and aisatic lilies to the cutting garden. Possibly dahlias too but all the wholesale catalogs I'm getting seem awfully high to me. Where do you get your bulbs?

P
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2007
9:35 PM

Post #4182924

Blooming Bulb provided us with excellent glads (2600) and lilies (1300) last fall/spring for our coop. We ordered on Nov 30 to coincide with the sale that was in progress, as it is now, and took delivery in early March. (bloomingbulb.com)

Noweta/Nagel Brothers (in GW) is where I think BB got their bulbs, as I bought 5000 from them after that (no, I'm not a vendor, just tried my hand at it and had lots and lots of glads) and recognized the shipping address. CountryGardens recommended them.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2007
1:24 AM

Post #4183812

The only bulbs I have are allium bulbs. ..as it turns out, they don't do well here because it doesn't get cold enough down here. Would you care for some? Or should I return them to HD? I've already offered them twice, but they have been turned out both

Edited: oops, hit enter button accidentally

This message was edited Nov 12, 2007 4:00 AM
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2007
1:30 AM

Post #4183847

The only bulbs I have are allium bulbs. ..as it turns out, they don't do well here because it doesn't get cold enough down here. Would you care for some? Or should I return them to HD? I've already offered them twice, but they have been turned down both times. :( One more refusal. . .and they're definitely going back to HD, if they will take it back. Oh wait, I do have some glad bulbs. Got them at walmart on clearance. . .$5 for 25 bulbs. . .pink passion blend.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2009
7:23 PM

Post #6350761

K. Van Borgondiens... wholesale.

But then trades work really well!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America