My nephew passed away aged 24

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hello everyone,

It been a tough week. last week my nephew passed away suddenly. Its been tragic and sad as you can imagine. He leaves a little 1 year old girl Lilly, behind and many grieving friends and family who loved him very much. I attended his funeral yesterday to say goodbye.

Its been tough though i have had some lovely friends praying us through. I thought i would ask you all to send your prayers and support to his parents and fiancee and friends who today have to walk on now that it has all died down. They have to find a way to make sense of it all and to live without him in their lives.

Just before the funeral my DD was rushed to hospital for surgery also so its been tough.

so if you havnt seen me on many threads lately, thats why.

Thankyou for your support and friendship it means the world.

Laura

Victoria Harbour, ON

You know Laura that my prayers and thoughts are with your family..each and every night you are included .... know it's a trying time for all, but you've grown so strong in these past few weeks...know you are there in support of your family!

Thanks betty. I seem to be chasing your posts!

your so kind....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nope, just relaxing here thinking of calling restaurant for my supper...now isn't that terrible...but Lord I hate cooking for one...worried about you 'sweetie' seems you have so much on your plate...I am just overwhelmed by your post with regards to your family accepting you into the fold..please continue all efforts to keep the circle going...

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Laura so sorry for your loss. prayers for all his family to.. praying your daughter is well now..

thankyou hope.

Lansing, KS(Zone 5b)

Laura~ joining in with prayers for you, your nephew's family and friends as they grieve his loss.

Victoria Harbour, ON

More prayers in the offering...hope today is a better day for you all!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Laura, please accept our sincere sympathy - what a tragic loss. I will definently add your family to my prayer list.

very much appreciated... thankyou

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Laura,

My sympathy for your loss of your nephew. You and your family will be in my prayers. I will be praying also for your DD to heal well.

Hugs,
Lani

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

wonder - sorry i missed this but i was away for a few days. you have my deepenst condolences for your loss.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Laura - so sorry to hear about your nephew. How is your daughter? You're all in my prayers.

Waaaay Down South, GA

Laura
I'm so sorry I've just seen this, but you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I first learned of this. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

thankyou all.

my DD had her surgery at 9.30 pm last night. i was with her till late of course. I spoke with her this morning and she sounds really good! Bright and happy with minimum pain.
so thankyou for your prayers...

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Laura,

I am truly sorry for your loss and will keep you and all involved - especially his parents, fiancee, and daughter - in my prayers.

Jody

Crossville, TN

Hi Laura...I just got home Wed...and found this thread today....you have had a rough year...I just received a very nice Thank you card from your friend who lost her DD...now this...Prayers going out to you and yours...Hugs

Jo

thankyou for writing to her is was so sweet of you.

yes its been tough but there are lots of people having hard times isnt there? I really appreciate the prayers and support.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Laura, just checking in...know it will be a hard day for your brother and family and of course for all of you...know you are in my thoughts...

thankyou... iti s hard....

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

and it doesn't get easier for a while but we ae all here for you. hugs

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thinking of you this morning..hope today brings great things into your lives...

Waaaay Down South, GA

Hi Laura
Just wanted you to know I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way today.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, Lady - just wanted to check in. Prayers going up for you and your family.

thankyou so much.

my mum called today to se how i was! now there is a surprise. we are a disjointed family but this brought us all together even if it was for a brief time. i have my nephew to thank for that... i am so sad he has gone.... but his parting gift for me was an afternoon with a family that i had never had....

thankyou for your thoughts and prayers... they are so timely!

Victoria Harbour, ON

It will take time Laura..one day at a time-right? Are you back at work or have you had to take a leave so you can help out with grandchildren and this tragedy?

Waaaay Down South, GA

Laura ... just stopping by to let you know you're in my prayers tonight. Please take care of yourself, okay?

hi there,
i am back at work and trying to help the DD with her things as well. she worries me as she wont stay still and is causing herself pain.....
sigh....

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

why does it have to be for a rief time. maybe this is a time for everything and everyone to get back on track. i truly hope and pray that you and your family get to be just that again A FAMILY.

prayers continue fory you sweetie.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm with Herbie43, doesn't have to end there, make an attempt to simply call and say 'was thinking of you - thought I'd call' maybe the mending of fences is complete...
You sounded so thrilled with the hugs/kisses etc. - keep them going...don't let time pass by...this perhaps was meant to be!

Lansing, KS(Zone 5b)

Prayers continue for you Laura, your DD and your family, may you enjoy a rich relationship with them in the near future.

thanks so much.. I will give it a go and let you know.

My DD called today, her wound is infected and she has quite some pain after eating only small amounts. she is very tired as she cant eat and has lost 7lbs in just a few days. i called the hospital and they said to go straight to the doctor and get checked out. I am so worried about her. her husband is very lay back and really procrastinates.... she is gettting sicker and sicker each day and he couldnt care less....so i called her and told her to get to the doctor. she may think i am interfering but better that than something serious!

Victoria Harbour, ON

OMG...she's having a terrible time of it..let's hope doctor can find the reason...no wonder you are beside yourself..such a worry...and yes Laura, call them up, don't even mention the past, can't do anything about that, but you sure can change with the help of the Lord YOUR future...

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

an early morning prayer being said for your daughter. keep us updated on her condition and also on your progress to mend fences. have a great weekend.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Praying praying praying for your daughter as well as for your family to heal well from this and be a true family again.

Hugs,
Lani

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning Laura, as I start my day my thoughts are with you...how is DD and family?

Waaaay Down South, GA

Hi Laura ...
Just wanted you to know you're especially on my mind today. Hope things are going better for you.
Sending my prayers along with hugs&blessings.

gosh thankyou...

its wonderful to wake up and see you all thinking of me... your such sweethearts...

DD went to the doctor and they have taken a swab of the infected area and put her on antibiotics. she came over yesterday and she looks aweful though she is putting on a brave face. we are praying that its not golden staff... thats an incurable infection that is found a lot in hospitals, like a super bug. It killed my father....
anyways we keep on..

thankyou for thinking of me, it means the world.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

thats what we do here and we also pray. how have you been. glad your dd got to see a dr. keep us updated on whats going on with everyone.

and i really appreciate the dedication and genuine friendship.
your a sweetheart....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images