Wall Art

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

My sister and I did this a few days ago. What do you think?

Thumbnail by KactusKathi
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Looks great. Did you paint or is it tile? Looks like tile

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Really cool. That's a super way to enhance a wall. What did you use to adhere the tile to the wall ?

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Good job ! I like your choice of colors very much.

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

I used regualr mastic for tile and then grouted it. I've used it before and it did fine, but you must grout so that water can not get in.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh that's great! LOVE it!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awesome !!!! Great job.
Patti

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's been up there for almost a year and still looks good!

Thumbnail by KactusKathi
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

I love it ..the colors great!!
Did you cut the shape?
Kim

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

My sister drew it on the wall and we filled it in with broken tiles...she did cut the toes etc with a tile nipper.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

OooH it's directly on the wall :}..cool!!
I thought it was on a board of some type.

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wanted to update you about this mosaic will art that my sister and I did in 2007. It is still up and just as beautiful as the day we installed it.

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

way cool!!! I was in Phoenix in Feb and as I was sitting in my friends kitchen looking out the window I told her her wall needed something to brighten it up..Ill going to talk her into letting me do a design on her wall next time I go see her.. Im pretty sure shell let me cause somthing like that is low maintainace and shes that kind of person!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Just found this thread, love that mosaic on the fence. Great job, you 2.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I never commented on this before.. My apologies..it is very cool~! It makes me want a wall! (can you mosaic clapboard I wonder?)

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I was driving around admiring the spring foliage and flowers when I saw a wall with a few things mosaic'd on it. It reminded me of this one that you had done that I had liked so well. It was just a few flowers here and there, a wavy line around a gate, and a geometric design or 2. It sure gave permanent life and interest to a long, boring/ugly wall. I am glad to hear that the one you and your sister did is still looking good. This is an idea that needs to spread...

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

As you can see I have always thought the wall was boring and painted it terra cotta which makes the plants pop. We are looking for something else to put on another wall but have not come up with an inspiration yet.

Cave Creek, AZ(Zone 9b)

I love it...just about to start to renovate my backyard. I have a small lot and need something to bring eyes below the block wall line (live in Cave Creek) Maybe a diamondback :)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

we painted our walls a deep terracotta and love it. by the way my walls were the color of yous first. we still need to finishe them.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I would love to do sunflowers.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I just love the blue Adirondack table and chairs too. The mosaic is something I have been toying with. I just have not figured out a patern I won't get tired of yet. Looks like some of the Iguana's in Ojai California.

Costa Mesa, CA

What a good idea! Just put it on the wall and forget it. I got a bowling ball that I want to do a mosaic on. Not sure what design I want.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Curves....I would love the sunflower painting with the cobalt color you have going on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images