-
AuthorContent
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

August 7, 2001
8:18 PM

Post #10241

If my Versicolor Peach looks identical to Frosty Pink, then I guess it's FP. I'm learning so much about the brugs here. I received the v. Peach in a trade and have had Frosty Pink for 2 years. I know it's Frosty Pink since I posted a picture and most everyone agreed.
It's not the first misnamed one, I thought Jutner Orange was Candida Yellow for three years, lol.
Guess I need to go see what Le Bon has left!!!
Cala
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 7, 2001
8:55 PM

Post #107015

Versicolor peach is one of my favorite versicolors...course I have one of my own that is more of an aurea/candida looking flower type...versicolor seed pods though. One of my hybrids thats been growing on me-course its mine and thats half of why I like it so much. It looks like an versicolor with the top cut off and the flower shoved back into the calyx...hence aurea looking or candida looking as the long thin piece between the calyx and the belled bottom is totally missing. Side ribs are white while the sides themselves are salmon to orange and occassionally more of a peach. My ohh my are is it fertile both ways and an early bloomer to boot. I will be posting one of its seed pods here shortly. I think its impressive as I have it next to another aurea x versicolor looking hybrid seedpod in the picture. Well, lets just wait until I can post the pictures. Suffice it to say that the end tip of the one seedpod begins where the other is just starting...Still, I had another seedpod that was impressive to me for other reasons that has since departed...wishing I had of gotten a picture of that seedpod.
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 7, 2001
10:34 PM

Post #107073

Cala, i am in same boat..., brugs are so easy to be misnamed, none of the first 3 i got were what i was told they were. i have 4 FPs 5 feet tall or so, and 2 jutner oranges 5-6+ feet next to each... had no clue. my V peach should open tonight or tomorrow, i am going to send you a piece of that. i am fairly sure of the id on that one! don't place an order yet...
arlene
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
1:27 AM

Post #107169

Lol, well for what its worth...I have a bunch of pink candida stalks rotting away in water at the house...Hmm, Cypress Gardens as well...ahh, few others I am sure already cut...Course everyone here wants seeds...pictures coming soon...
RA
Burlington, ON

August 8, 2001
2:22 AM

Post #107207

Brugmansia, you really know how to hurt a Brug luster LOL.
I have been banging my head ( and the heads of and Liz and Brugcrazy I might add) trying to land some stock from nurseries and you have some dying in water. The indignity of it all.
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

August 8, 2001
2:27 AM

Post #107209

Brugmansia
Don't you dare leave those rotting in the water, send them to me!!! If I don't have anything you want in return, I'll pay for them and the postage too!!!
Cala
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 8, 2001
2:29 AM

Post #107212

okay, brugman, how about some rotten cuttings for sase? i think it would make it here in one day!!!
JustJen
Dansville, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 8, 2001
4:23 AM

Post #107248

brugman, please put me list for rotting cypress gardens and pink candida...please please
let me know, jen
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
11:46 AM

Post #107312

I'd gladly pay postage for rotting cypress gardens too! :) even if it's next time.
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 8, 2001
12:33 PM

Post #107332

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Cala, my versi peach opened and it looks like FROSTY... the leaves are different, though, i am wondering if we both have insignis pink????????? having never seen a known insignis pink before, this is a guess, but i think they look pretty similar. see if the leaves on your "V peach are much smoother rather than ruffly", let me know sometime!!!!
arlene
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
2:21 PM

Post #107406

Calalilly...
Wow, now postage people always have first priority with me..but offering to pay for the cuttings as well...you are too much...You and Arlene have first priority just give me an e-mail...now if only these seedpods were not rotting away...Probably close to a lot of seeds maybe even bunches of seeds...
Sharon
Midland, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2001
8:13 AM

Post #107803

Postage people have first priority,,, hmmmmmmm how about postage, donation for the cuttings and/orseeds and my first born???
I'm tryin' RA!!!! Us northerners have to stick together.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2001
11:36 AM

Post #107821

Yeah ,us northerner's gotta stick together.We are not far enough north to be Canadians and we are no where near Florida.We're the orphans,the unloved stepchildren,The forgotten brug lovers that are locked in a frozen closet,we're stuck in the middle with no where to go but a fancy french site that we cant read.Is this sniveling getting us anywhere???LOL

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 9th 12:40 PM
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 9, 2001
12:09 PM

Post #107845

don't know about him, but I shed a tear for you!! Good job:)
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

August 9, 2001
12:21 PM

Post #107856

TiG
I'm with you, I'm shedding tears for them :)
Cala
I have boucoups of Jutner Orange and a white that I thought was sauveolens but may not be (at least it's white, I do know that). Send me an email if you want some of them. These are rooted cuttings, about a foot high.
Cala
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 9, 2001
12:28 PM

Post #107858

CC, what do you have? I have some that need to be cut, just let me know. I hope the DR is doing well??

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2001
2:19 PM

Post #107923

Tig I have Unnamed white,unnamed pink(the one's I sent to you) Unnamed yellow,Dr Suess (that I got from you,thank-you),the rest are all small cuttings :Enchanted -double white,Issabella,Peaches and Cream (thanks to Arlene),coral glow,and Sanguinia(which looks terrible).There are cuttings out there that are unnamed,people who sent them had no Idea of the color or name.And I have 6 hybrid seedlings.So you see I don't have much in the way of brugs to trade.BUT I will trade stuff from my web site at http://pages.zdnet.com/lakreflect/lakesidereflections/ Just go to the plant trades page,also,my peacocks just shed their tails(they do that every August) and I would trade white or the normal peacock feathers.I know that sounds strange but everyone who visits wants peacock feathers.They look cool in a vase.Thought I'd take a chance that someone might be interested. CC

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 9th 12:40 PM
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 9, 2001
2:38 PM

Post #107932

I'm emailing you:)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America