Any suggestions for relaxing cabin weekend trip?

Paola, KS(Zone 6a)

We are looking for a nice place to take our family on a weekend trip. We enjoy hiking & would like to find a place with trails that our 6 year old can enjoy along with our 12 & 13 year old. We don't mind driving for a bit to get to some place great but have had difficulty finding somewhere because not many of our friends here are nature lovers. We moved to Owasso just outside of Tulsa OK almost 3 years ago from farm country in MO. We want our kids to be able to enjoy the things we grew up loving but our subdivision doesn't offer. I really appreciate any input so that we make a good first impression for our kids. We have hiked a lot but never stayed in cabins with the kids. Thanks!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The Ozarks!!!

www.livelakeozarks.com

www.lake-ozarks.com/lo/

www.funlake.com/

www.lakelinks.com

Paola, KS(Zone 6a)

Hey thanks pepper23. I see you are from MO. I'm not sure where Bates City is but we moved from the Springfield area. Thanks for the links!

I'm from outside of KC.

Holly Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

just returned from here: heavan on a stick for a family retreat. The fishing is great, there are horses, 600 acres of private property in a hollow. Near Mt. View AR.
http://www.turkeyrunlodge.com/contact_us.htm

The "big house/cabin" is the best.

You'll never want to leave the property.

Paola, KS(Zone 6a)

wow deltaqueen! This is right up my ally! Thank you so much for the web site. I'm going to give them a shout & I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

The creek looks small, but me and DH actually caught about 60 small mouth in it. Call Gail and tell her Virginia sent you. I am actually in discussions with Gail and Norm to try and get them to sell me a small plot in their compound. It's an Ozark Heaven and Gail and Norm or the tops. Be sure to book the "big House". Their Lodge isn't down in the hollow, but up on the hill - yet it does have a pool.... There are lots of other activities in the area that pique your families interest. KEEP ME POSTED. I am heading up there again in two weeks.

Paola, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm very excited to give Gail a ring. You said their were horses also. Did ya'll ride? I'm going to show my husband the site tonight. yeah:):):):)

My husband is allergic - so I didn't even bother to ask about the horses, but they roam around the pasture bottom land and we passed them often when walking down to the creek. Be sure to ask Gail - I imagine it's a risk for them and they'd be nervous to let visitors ride. BUT Norm has a Mule (one of those ATV things) and LOVES to drive whomever around the nooks and crannies of the property. There are rough trails all over the place. It really is divine. Happy to answer for Qs if you come up with any more... attached pic is proof of fish in the creek. caught on 2nd cast!

Thumbnail by deltaqueen

Great catch!!!!

Paola, KS(Zone 6a)

That is a great catch! DH & I loved the website & as soon as the girls get back from their summer trip with the youth group I have a feeling I'll be taking you up on your offer to answer more questions. I really appreciate how helpful you've been. The water looks amazingly clear! You can see right to the bottom! What were you using for bait?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.