Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: ID help again!!!

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 5, Views: 188
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
twomoons
Concrete, WA
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2007
6:45 PM

Post #3641842

I know my pics aren't very good, but it is the best I can do!! Anyway, these are in my sun garden, blooming like crazy...pink flowers on tall stalks...????

You'll have to turn head sideways, lol

Thumbnail by twomoons
Click the image for an enlarged view.

daphnecat
Mays Landing, NJ
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2007
3:13 PM

Post #3648743

twomoons: I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't mind having some.
KTsGarden
Ocean County, NJ
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2007
12:43 PM

Post #3655683

I think it may be a type of Salvia?? I have seen it in the garden shops, I bet if you take a cutting of the bloom and went to the garden center you'd be able to matchit up.. The leaves look right.
Buddleja
North-West England
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

June 26, 2007
7:39 PM

Post #3661457

Hi twomoons, it looks like Rosebay Willow Herb to me. It's pretty invasive here - but it originated on your side of the pond before it was brought here as a garden plant. It gets white fluffy seed heads that float everywhere when they're touched. You can see it here alongside railway lines and embankments. It does look very nice but I don't really want it in my garden - but I keep finding it there where it has self-seeded anyway. You'll find some information here http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/rbaywherb.htm - does this look like your plant?
Poochella
Issaquah, WA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2007
10:23 PM

Post #3676555

I think you nailed the ID Buddleja. We call it fireweed here and a mass field of it is a beautiful sight; (but perhaps not taking up one's entire garden.) It's among the first things to emerge after a wildfire, hence the name. Pretty bloom, even sideways LOL!
twomoons
Concrete, WA
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2007
3:50 PM

Post #3690257

Yup, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the help!!!
99 more to go...lol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America