Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

ID help again!!!

Concrete, WA(Zone 7b)

I know my pics aren't very good, but it is the best I can do!! Anyway, these are in my sun garden, blooming like crazy....pink flowers on tall stalks...????

You'll have to turn head sideways, lol

Thumbnail by twomoons
Mays Landing, NJ(Zone 7a)

twomoons: I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't mind having some.

Ocean County, NJ(Zone 7a)

I think it may be a type of Salvia?? I have seen it in the garden shops, I bet if you take a cutting of the bloom and went to the garden center you'd be able to matchit up.. The leaves look right.

North-West England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hi twomoons, it looks like Rosebay Willow Herb to me. It's pretty invasive here - but it originated on your side of the pond before it was brought here as a garden plant. It gets white fluffy seed heads that float everywhere when they're touched. You can see it here alongside railway lines and embankments. It does look very nice but I don't really want it in my garden - but I keep finding it there where it has self-seeded anyway. You'll find some information here http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/rbaywherb.htm - does this look like your plant?

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I think you nailed the ID Buddleja. We call it fireweed here and a mass field of it is a beautiful sight; (but perhaps not taking up one's entire garden.) It's among the first things to emerge after a wildfire, hence the name. Pretty bloom, even sideways LOL!

Concrete, WA(Zone 7b)

Yup, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the help!!!
99 more to go....lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.