Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: rabbits in garden!!!!

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 7, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mwood4d
Barnegat, NJ

June 25, 2007
12:46 AM

Post #3654116

Just posted a thread on coneflowers, now i just went to the back garden and low & behold a bunny was enjoying my beans, brussels, etc...thought we did a good job in putting down poles, six foot fence to deal with the deer, etc...this is the second night he his enjoying my veggies, not happy, this bunny has dug deep to get in...any ideas?????
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

June 25, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #3654646

You can try sprinkling pepper around the preminter. Other than that I don't know. I have rabbits but they don't eat my plants.
mwood4d
Barnegat, NJ

June 25, 2007
3:05 AM

Post #3654858

thanks...i'll need lots of pepper...this is one hungry bunny,...ugh

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

June 25, 2007
8:26 AM

Post #3655323

I don't know what you would call it over there but over here (Australia) we use something called "Blood and Bone"...it is a mix of dried blood and bonemeal...it scares the rabbits off and is wonderful in the gardens as well.I am in a farming area and see rabbits in the paddocks but they don't come into the garden or veggie patch at all...I treat the gardens with this stuff twice a year
it lasts a long time.
mwood4d
Barnegat, NJ

June 25, 2007
10:56 AM

Post #3655463

thanks...i'll try finding that...they are definitely winning the battle...and i'm frustrated...thanks again...
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2007
1:27 PM

Post #3655789

Watch out with the blood/bone meal if you have dogs though, they'll go after that stuff like crazy. I bought some organic fertilizer with stuff like that in it and my dog (who normally leaves the garden alone) was all of a sudden digging and trying to eat the dirt. Needless to say, I don't use that for fertilizer anymore!
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

June 27, 2007
12:45 AM

Post #3662598

Over hear in UK, if we have bunny trouble, we either errect cages around the veg patch and burry the chicken wire about a foot under the ground so they cant dig under it, or some people go to the hairdressers and get the hair cuttings and scatter thet around the perimiter of the veg patch as evidently they dont like the smell of human hair, it eventually composts into the soil, Good luck, WeeNel.
markari
Big Lake, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 13, 2007
2:15 PM

Post #3731366

Here we use something you can buy at a Menards, Home Depot or Lowes (you know something like that.) It is called liqued fence and it has been a god send for me for both rabbits and deer.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America