AuthorContent

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2001
12:06 PM

Post #10303

Yesterday I was repotting plants,included in the group were the seedling brugs that I started in June.I started looking at them all and counted the brugs. I HAVE 20!!!!(6 are seedlings,10 are rooted cuttings) I can't beleive it. Of course not a single bloom on any of them right now, but how did I accumulate so many???I hope my DH doesn't deceied to count them,I gotta keep them spread out so it's not so obvious.Plant lights in the spare bedroom are a must now !!Gotta bring the plants in the house next month.Plus I'm trying to get more...I'm ill,how many of you are suffering from this dibilitating disease???
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 8, 2001
12:35 PM

Post #107334

CC, how is PC? i am so sick, i am going to make a new post and hope for pity.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2001
3:10 PM

Post #107439

Arlene,PC was doing great till my peacocks spotted it.They do this thing where they wander thru the gardens and snip things - they don't care what.They sniped all the tips off my calla lilies so now they all look silly,they had snipped all my seedlings except for the 6 I saved by hiding them.Well ,they spotted something they hadn't snipped and added another "notch on their beak" but they only snipped one shoot,I rescued it before they finished it off.I have it hidden in the begonias and its doing well.I love it so much.Can't wait till it gets big enough to have in the open.
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 8, 2001
3:15 PM

Post #107441

glad it is doing well and you like it. mama is just starting to get buds.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2001
4:10 PM

Post #107463

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! There's no cure I'm not as bad as I thought
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
6:57 PM

Post #107534

too few and too many...too few of those I want to hybridize with and too many of those I don't want to hybridize with. Hope to get a few more out though so I can clear a lil yard space...seeds are going to go bad here soon...
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2001
7:02 PM

Post #107536

Removed by member request
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
7:03 PM

Post #107537

with the addition of the 4 cuttings I got today (thank you thank you!!) and the 2 HHG I'm buying that will be here next week, I've got 54. Now 75% of them are cuttings, but they're still all mine!!!! And I fully expect to have many more, I'm hooked but good. Don't know what hubby is going to say when we start bringing them in. He knows, I've told him over and over, but I don't think he's realizing ... yet ;)
btw, I started the last week of May, does that tell you I'm obsessed or not??

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 8th 3:11 PM
Brugmeister
Gaithersburg, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 8, 2001
7:22 PM

Post #107548

More than I need but fewer than I'm going to have.

Alan
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
7:35 PM

Post #107550

LOL!! good answer Alan! and welcome to Dave's.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
8:54 PM

Post #107597

Mz, I have a small circle around an oak tree comprised of 30 or so Brugmansia hybrids...A bench in the center where one can sit and enjoy the fragrance and an arbor at the entrance between the Double white and the Isabella pink. I made a basic circle pattern with colors rotating everyother one and species rotating as well. Of course I have the straight line motif going along side the house as well and another circle pattern at a friends house I planted for them. Not to mention a few lines at their house as well facing each other so one walks down the path with brugs on either side...then of course I have the corn rows filled with my hybrids...And everyone I have sent my babies too...well I can only dream about their setups and how beautiful their houses and or greenhouses are going to be...neighbors complaining they can't smell the roses in their yard...
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2001
9:45 PM

Post #107614

Removed by member request
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 9, 2001
1:41 AM

Post #107720

I have no idea...maybe that's a project for tomorrow.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America