Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Earthworm Enemies: mosquitos bad-no mosquitos good?

Communities > Forums > Article: Earthworm Enemies
bookmark
Forum: Article: Earthworm EnemiesReplies: 1, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
belfegor
Hot Springs National, AR

June 30, 2007
2:51 AM

Post #3677654

there is got to be a way to get rid of them without disturbing the balance and i dont know of such way, but willing to experiment. I have tried moth balls, bat boxes, so far there is no difference-they are still there, and the microgeography should exclude them, that is, I'm away from the lake, no streams, no standing water(except when it rains) and I'm located in a middle of town. I do have some exotic plants in my back yard that I take care of. What can I do to eat my pie and have it too?
wormfood
Lecanto, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2008
3:14 PM

Post #5808586

If you are talking about mosquitos, I was sitting on my front porch the other day and didn't get chased by hordes of them as normal. The only factor I can add is the 4 chickens that run loose. There isn't one mosquito out there.

No comment? Don't believe me? Neither do the ones that live around here. They're saying we won't have mosquitos this time of year but I did. They'd get knocked down by cold but would be back by the 3rd day. Now that I have the chickens (6 months old), I'm sitting on my sun porch at 75* temps with the crotons and dracs. Just need to figure out the chicken poop problem.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2008 4:49 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Earthworm Enemies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mosquitos and rain barrels rjuddharrison 5 Nov 9, 2007 12:57 AM
Hammerhead Worm in SoBayCa? LuvyDuvyRdnoBch 3 Oct 7, 2009 12:06 AM
Land planaria - maybe??? slywlf 1 Aug 20, 2009 7:53 PM
bad, bad worm wormfood 2 Aug 11, 2009 7:20 AM
Pictures of flatworms, please leaflady 7 Aug 11, 2009 1:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America