Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: who heard me holler??????

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
7:34 PM

Post #10337

Yes, it's true, I now have blooms. Not one, not two, but 5 blooms on 3 different brugs. I am in heaven!!! How will I stand it til they open??? Oh, the agony, this is worse than not having any, because I'm a very very impatient person!!! If you don't see me over the next however many days they take to open, I'll be in my chair with my camera in hand:)
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
8:13 PM

Post #107572

I know that 5 blooms certainly isn't what they will be like next year, but I'm thrilled! One of them you sent to me as a surprise, so I'll be counting on you to identify her:)
Pass that tea!
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 8, 2001
8:23 PM

Post #107581

tig, those are the first, you should get lots more. you didn' say which plants, one is dr seuss? i was so bummed to have 2 open today that weren't what they were supposed to be, but not sure why i was surprised, the first 3 weren't either!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 8, 2001
8:31 PM

Post #107586

how did you know that one was the DR?? Yes, and a k'HT surprise and one traded as salmon. At this point, I don't care what they are LOL!!! I really am more excited about these than anything I've ever planted in my yard. Thought i was hooked before?? Watch me now!
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2001
8:42 PM

Post #107594

Removed by member request
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
8:49 PM

Post #107595

Tig, I have that same disease...wife gets mad at me as every few hours I go out side to check on new blooms when I get a new flower about to bloom for the first time...Of course when I wake up in the middle of the night...take a stroll outside to smell them and stay gone for hours...hoping they change colors before my eyes or unravel just a bit more...ahh, and the fragrance...Seedlings give a much deserved surprise as well and whats nice is you know your the only one with that hybrid when it comes up from seed.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America