Datura Le fleur

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

It was received from a trade. I thought it was an attractive plant with lovely blooms. But it is a bit disappointing to see this is the maximum limit of the bloom. Is this the same everywhere? But the colour is a pleasing tint of purple, very light.

Thumbnail by Dinu
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

While its pretty in its own way its not my favorite! The flowers are small for the size of the plant IMHO. I much prefer the D. metel variety's. This monster triple white is one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Dinu.... I also received some of these seeds in trade... and mine look the same as yours... I am also disappointed

this is the best bloom so far out of this one

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here is a picture of the whole plant on June 13th.... it's almost doubled in size now... but still seems to be the max the on the blooms... they don't seem to open at all... just stay like that and die off

Thumbnail by onewish1
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

You would get more blooms if you pluck off that pod. There is still plenty of time to gather seed later in the season. If you were planing to keep the seed.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks but not going to save these any way... not really impressed with this one

I have plenty of blooms but not loving the plant as a whole

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

True, onewish1. Mine too never seems to open out. The one I have posted is by far the best and that was the max. too. It blooms two or three times and that is the end of it. But I'll try plucking that pod as Heavinscent suggests. I'm not going to like this one. A little try and will neglect it. Already I'm neglecting it but this is a volunteer plant!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will let you know if mine gets any better as the season goes on

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Okay onewish1.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images