Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Brugmansias: Brugmansia spray....

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 192
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 8, 2001
11:50 PM

Post #10362

I recieved an e-mail today that claims that I advocated Black Flag spray on Brugs...I wish to state that I have not advocated it in the past to my knowledge...but I have used Systemic sprays in the can so to speak...rose systemics...they can freeze Brugmansia if they are too close to the leaves...Beware the dangers of any chemical on any Brugmansia and test them on a few leaves first...I have known some hybrids to react negatively at first to a spray and later to be unaffected. Just because an insecticide works on one Brugmansia hybrid does not mean it will work on all of them...Don't really remember who it was that advocated Black Flag or Raid in this group...but I have used it since then just to see. I prefer insecticidal soap...Still, I am human and I may have stated the above and just not remember it...at any rate...I just wish to say that with any chemical always always test it on a few leaves first and on each particular plant when dealing with Brugmansia.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2001
12:02 PM

Post #107837

Why the big deal?I use Raid on my chickens and plants.I'd love to use something organic but all the suppose organic methods have been expensive and didn't work.Or the homemade garlic oil was way too messy,and wont look well on chickens in the shows.Judges wouldn't like it either,although chicken and garlic should be good...
gone2seed
Milton, FL
(Zone 8a)

August 10, 2001
1:52 AM

Post #108289

I don't know about Brugs but this spray will work on everything in my garden.
1 part liquid soap can be Ivory,Murphy's etc.
1 part household ammonia
3 parts water
Simple to make,cheap and best of all it works.The ammonia adds nitrogen to the soil.
Spray bottle of course.

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 9th 9:54 PM

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 10, 2001
9:06 AM

Post #108383

Isen't that to wash windows with???
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

August 10, 2001
2:17 PM

Post #108509

Gone 2 seed..Ivory, ammonia, then 3 parts water...you will be sure I will try that...perhaps add a bit of hot pepper to it though...couldn't hurt anyways...Thanks heaps. Always looking for something thats inexpensive.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America