Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mums and Asters: What to expect for fall

Communities > Forums > Mums and Asters
bookmark
Forum: Mums and AstersReplies: 3, Views: 56
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #3715131

My mums have been so confused, from the weather, I don't really expect a good flower season.I am trying to make cuttings from my clippings, and am not sure if they need harmone help or not.I think willow water would be best, but am willow chalanged.Most of what I cut back, were in bloom, all but the big white football mums.I have mixed emotions about them.Mike
zeoplum
Mobile, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #3715277

Hi Mike,

I'm a Mum newbie. Can you tell me about willow water?

Thanks,
Stephanie
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2007
9:16 PM

Post #3716006

This is like the blind leading the blind, but I used a heavy indobutric acid on the cuttings a couple years ago, and they fell over where i dipped them.That being said, the dip was too strong, and I used the powdered harmone, and it is strong too on tender cuttings, so I was basicly asking a question from those who root cuttings on a regular bassis.The willow water is branches from a willow tree, and I think they boil it(don't really know), and use it as a rooting harmone.I root many things, such as woody plants, and what I'm acustome to is too strong for the herbacious cuttings.Hope to learn from someone who knows. Mike
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 21, 2007
11:24 PM

Post #3763574

Just found this forum.

her e the directions for making willow water.

http://www.ehow.com/how_172766_make-rooting-tonic.html

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mums and Asters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mum's the Word... SILLYLILY 18 Nov 23, 2009 6:47 PM
Aster Blue Ribbon Sue_WA 8 Nov 27, 2009 11:54 PM
Pinching back mums...... orange_knickers 11 Aug 17, 2007 5:16 AM
Cutting back fall Asters? rainy_jane 27 Aug 30, 2007 3:26 PM
How many others have lost their mum? leaflady 40 Jul 9, 2007 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America