Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Red zinnias

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

This photo really doesn't do justice to these red zinnias, but I figured I would post them anyway so I could say "hi". I picked these this morning and my wife just put them in a vase and placed them on the buffet in our dining room. It isn't an arrangement. It is only one type of flower (I just felt like picking reds even though we have a host of other colored zinnias). But when the light hits these flowers (not picked up in the photo) they really catch the eye. Even simple cut flowers add something to a room in my opinion. Have a good day everybody!

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Oops! See my initial post :)

Thumbnail by BDale60
Cordele, GA

A lovely bright red -which one is it?

I set up a small arrangement today with Zinnias, coneflowers and Stokesia. It was classic analogous colors of green, blue, and purple, although a bit muted, which suited the milk glass water goblet I used as a container. It is so pleasant to cut your own flowers for your own house.

Beth

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Beth,
Your arrangement sounds like a wonderful combination of colors, shapes, and match to container.

These are "Righteous Red" Zinnias from Seeds of Change...I guess simply their mix of giants. Normally my wife does an arrangement (without the zinnia foliage) but just felt like being spontaneous and simple yesterday (90 degrees here).
BDale

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.