Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: Lily Pollen Stains

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 3, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Len_G
New Westminster, BC
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2007
7:41 PM

Post #3719891

I'm not sure where I could post this question but here I thought is as good a place as any.

I got lily pollen on some clothing. I know it stains and it difficult to get rid of but apparently it can be done. Does anyone have advice on how to get rid of the pollen stains? The pollen is from a type of fragrant stargazer...picture included. I want to make an attempt before washing and the stain sets in.

Thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by Len_G
Click the image for an enlarged view.

magnolialover
Southern, WI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2007
7:46 PM

Post #3719905

One of my favorite lily vendors offers some good advice here.
http://snowcreek.stores.yahoo.net/whatabpolsta.html
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

July 10, 2007
9:44 PM

Post #3720417

Good question Len, dont know how many times I've been in tha same situation as you, ruined some clothes and had faded stains left after laundering, never thought about the sun bleach thing though, I have done that with some fruit stains with some success, peach stain on Grandchils cotton top, worked well, so now I know how to get rid of the pollen too, love thoses Stargazer lily's one of my favourites, usually cut off the pollen sacks before the flowers dropp the pollen on my furnishings but theres always one that you miss eh. good luck with your laundry, lets know if it works, WeeNel.
momo125
Windsor, ON
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2007
2:53 AM

Post #3721602

I used to work in a flower shop. Common problem, this pollen thing. Easiest thing to do is take a piece of tape, packing tape is best. Make a loop with sticky side on the outside. put your hand into the loop and use the sticky side on your clothes. The pollen sticks to it . Problem solved.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America