Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Bargains at Brimfield

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi - here are two pictures of vases I picked up at the Brimfield Antique Fair. The first is a pale green frosted glass jack-in-the-pulpit vase. I have used white lisanthus, white obedience plant, and white asiatic lilies.

The vase was offered at $45 - I picked it up for $25.00 Also bought a tall, narrow Pinwheel crystal vase for $8.00 (suitable for glads and delphiniums), and shorter, heavy (modern) crystal vase for $4.50.

The Rockport pottery vases started at $498.00 - too rich for my purse.

Thumbnail by Seandor
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Here is my other "find" I know they are not an expensive item, but I feel pretty pleased to pick up the pair for $8.

The "fence posts" are filled with foxglove, pinks, cornflowers, linaria

Thumbnail by Seandor
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I like both of them!!!!!!!!!! but I love the first one..............good buys and great looking

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks, gessiesgail :-)

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Neat vases.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks :-) There were soooo many vases - but alas, limited funds :-)

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Love the fenceposts and your mix of flowers in them! Creative.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yeah - the fence posts are kinda cute. There really were some beautiful Rockport vases - absolutely amazing - but too expensive for me. The Brimfield Antique Show occurs three times a year - May, July - and September. So I will go back again and see what bargains I can find. Who knows - maybe I will win a lottery and will be able to buy a Rockport lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.