Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Daturas: Can I move my datura plant at this point?

Communities > Forums > Daturas
bookmark
Forum: DaturasReplies: 2, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thea611
Manning, SC
(Zone 8a)

July 14, 2007
11:43 PM

Post #3736630

One of my purple metel datura seedlings in the garden had a difficult time coming back to life after it had been chomped down by a hornworm. I put it in a pot and babied it, and it came back, but I didn't have great hopes for it. I put it back in the garden, and now it's thriving. Problem is, I planted it too close to another plant, thinking it would remain a runt, and the leaves are getting so big, it's going to completely take over the now smaller plant! The dat is about 1 1/2 feet tall; would it be risky to try to uproot it to move it to a roomier spot?
Heavinscent
South West, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2007
11:57 PM

Post #3736661

Ive never had a problem moving them just get as much of the root ball as you can. If it sulks after planting trim back a few of the leaves and take care not to over water.
Good Luck!
Caren
thea611
Manning, SC
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2007
1:17 AM

Post #3736905

Thanks Caren! Think I'll give it a try tomorrow...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Daturas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Attention Datura Growers... MaVieRose 137 Jul 31, 2008 4:40 AM
ID Please ...Datura Wrightii ?? judycooksey 21 Jun 4, 2008 9:37 AM
List of Datura Species Clare_CA 61 Aug 14, 2012 9:09 PM
Datura 'Black Currant Swirl'? ErickMN 20 Jul 18, 2008 3:55 PM
Pot Size Question baileykat 31 Jun 18, 2008 3:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America