taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 16, 2007
1:58 AM

Post #3740452

Hi
Well we are looking at 40 acres in OH . I have two choices. 40 of it all tillabe land or the other side of the road is 9 acres and 31 of it woods.
Here are my ideas
Chickens
meat goats
milk goats
mini horses
mini donkeys
rabbits
turkeys
pigs
I m really looking and doing my research on Heritage breeds.
veg garden for farmers market
mostly hobby type farming for personal use and 4-H for kids maybe hittng a niche market with some of the meat and cheeses.
I get Hobby Mag
Would love to do pasture raised animals
We are builidng a small log home and barn that is eco friendly and uses the earth for energy.Reclaimed wood ect. Energy effecint as much as possible
I m leaning more for the woods, but need to see if the trees are large trees and could lead to possible funiture, when fallen down from wind or disease.
i would like to know what some of you out there do with your animals and which ones are your favs and not so fav animals to raise.
thanks
sue

Thumbnail by taynors
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 113 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Farm Life Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
can chicken and rabbits get along? Minnie 6 Jul 8, 2009 12:56 AM
Let's meet the new folks MaryE 64 Aug 23, 2008 2:40 AM
Seasoning fresh bacon? Lana 3 Oct 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Help! Chickens Won't Initiate Egg Laying.... gidgrower 27 Apr 6, 2008 1:18 AM
This is a Great Forum!!!! JodyC 28 Jul 6, 2007 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America