Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Flowers: Interesting and funny gardening article

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 8, Views: 103
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momo125
Windsor, ON
(Zone 6a)

July 17, 2007
1:47 PM

Post #3745877

This article appeared in our Saturday local paper and I was so entertained that I thought I'd share it with all of you. I was laughing while reading it and my husband asked me what's so funny. It was just like him.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/columnists/story.html?id=1c352ba1-b256-4232-927d-ff7bf16eab09
NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

July 17, 2007
3:06 PM

Post #3746162

Oooohh yeah!! That would be my hubby too, ROFL! Good one momo, thanks for sharing.
anniebelle1989
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 17, 2007
9:07 PM

Post #3747562

Very cute!
crashbandiscoot
Springfield, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 17, 2007
11:16 PM

Post #3748205

Well now, that's very amusing, and I get to wear my husbands shoes for awile! I know that's how he must feel!! Funny! He has a 'look' , a very blank, hazed over look, that he gets when I talk about flowers and soil, butterflies and Daylilies! He trys soooo hard to look interested, but he doesn't know that I know about the 'look'. That is when he is not listening!!
Barenakedtx
Houston, TX

July 17, 2007
11:22 PM

Post #3748226

LOL...sounds like my hubby. That's another reason why he doesn't cut the lawn either!!!!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

July 18, 2007
8:30 AM

Post #3749440

It is a proven scientific fact that women are "white noise" to men
or when we are young and madly in love...they hear our voices as one listens to the birds twittering in the trees...so if you want to make sure the other half listened to what you said- ask them to repeat it ...most times you will get a shock at what they say ...this is not an urban legend. :)
momo125
Windsor, ON
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2007
1:50 PM

Post #3754244

This is the first year my husband is actually looking at the garden. He'll put on his sandals (with socks, sometimes) and say he has to go look at HIS babies. He has no clue what they are. He keeps asking me which ones will come back next year or which do I have to replant. (WOW, progress) I think he thinks that he might have a say in what goes on next year. I'll have to let him think that because he won't know if what I plant is what he wanted planted or not.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

July 20, 2007
1:22 AM

Post #3757045

My husband is every bit as bad as that guy in the artical, mine says things like, oh I saw the deer at that green bush near the drive, YEH like what green bush, the whole area is covered in bushes, shrubs and trees, "oh, you meen the red flowering Rhododendron", no there are no flowers on it, no, they finnished flowering in june, well I dont know what you call it, but it is green and is a bush, so how do you try to educate that kind of helpfullness I ask, or I say to him at the first cut of the grass on our banking. Please honey, dont cut the foliage of the dead bluebells as I want the foliage to just die down natural so it goes back into the bulbs, Right he say's, so come show me which colour are the bluebells, so I tell him, Dahhhhhh, bluebels, er, these will be the blue ones, ye yells, so how have I suposed to know they are bluebells, you have loads of flowers that are blue, yes I do have, but these dont flower till summer, so I get, so how have I suposed to know all that, it goes on like that every year, but then I hear him tell some total stranger that WEEEEEE, grow Rhododendrons and bluebells, so you cant win really, just accept the garden is your domane and he is allowed into it if he has behaved, or you need a large hole dug or the lawn cut, other than that. forget it. WeeNel.
tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 20, 2007
5:47 AM

Post #3757753

Funny!!! My DH is not allowed in the yard without supervision:-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America