Going camping!

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I found a tent on clearance last spring, and we finally decided to use it. After doing a bunch of research, I made reservations at Tettagouche Baptism River Campgrounds on the North Shore by Lake Superior. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Cabela's sure saw ME coming last weekend!

Anyway, I am glad I found this forum, and I plan on doing a lot of reading here. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to help out a newbie!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

when are are going on your camping trip or have you gone already?

September 13... so I have a little time yet to be excited.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2007 7:57 PM

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

we just got a cabela's here last year. i still have not been there...it is across town (45 min to an hour drive) :( but i have heard it is a fun place just to check out. people say they spend hours there.

so where are you guys going camping at?

Tettagouche Baptism River Campgrounds on the North Shore by Lake Superior. I can't wait!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

gee, i guess i should have seen that in your original post....sorry, not sure why i did not notice that...
i bet you will have a good time. keep us posted!

Okay, I have officially gone over the deep end. My sandals that I purchased on my last trip to Cabela's broke, and while I was waiting in the return line I was perusing the Sale Flyer, and I discovered the Camp Kitchen I was drooling over was on sale - so I got it. Now we don't have room in my car, and will have to borrow my brother's SUV.

But at least I will be able to cook properly!

Well, we are coming down to the final hours here in civilization. We have too much equipment to fit in my PT Cruiser, so my brother has kindly offered us the use of his Suburban - like he said, if we can afford the gas, we can use it! I am sure this will be a learning experience for me, as in what was truly necessary to bring, and what we didn't need. I decided since we are going to be there for 5 days, better to err on the side of caution. I kept all my receipts, and anything we don't use can go back.

I am sure we will pare back on subsequent trips. But I really really wanted my first time to be good! Here's to hoping for good weather, relaxation and fun for the next 5 days. No cell, no computer, no worries.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

have fun on your trip! let us know how it goes.

Amazing, incredible, fantastic - everything I could have wanted. It was the most beautiful, relaxing experience I have had in I don't know how long, and I most certainly needed it. The campground was wonderful, clean and safe, there were trails and beautiful scenery everywhere. My dog had a blast - even with the evil chipmunk. He would run the dog around the campsite until he was tangled up, then hop up in his dish and stuff his cheeks.

I can't wait to go again! Here is a photo of my camp kitchen and doggie...

Thumbnail by Zarebeth

And the rest of our campsite...

Thumbnail by Zarebeth

And this is my new computer desktop (one of the trails). My two boys...

Thumbnail by Zarebeth
Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

glad to hear you had a wonderful time! did you figure out how much extra stuff you brought that you didn't need? maybe next time you will get all your stuff to fit in your PT...

it looks so green and lush where you camped. you had a perfect camp site. we are going to head out on a group trip the last weekend of october, i can not wait!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.