Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The FLOWERPOT Cafe'

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 272, Views: 1,647
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 26, 2007
10:28 AM

Post #3780849

Hello and Welcome to the flowerpot cafe'
. This is a friendly place to come and sit down,have a cuppa and relax amongst other flower lovers.
It's been great fun this week playing with flowers at the 'getting to know you' show, Thanks everyone.
I think it would be a good idea to keep that theme always open so our new friends can introduce themselves to us,
and if ever you want to 'tell us more' about yourself, please do!

I don't mind telling you that with all the flower arranging I've been doing my house is an absolute tip!
The washing basket is full,the cupboards are empty and the place hasn't been hoovered all week!
Having said all that, it was worth it!

How are we going to decide on our next show? We had lots of good suggestions for themes,
it's a matter of which one. What do you think?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2007
12:23 PM

Post #3781075

Terri, I love your new cafe. I sense there will be a lot "brewing" here. Mmmm, it smells good in here. What a great hang-out! I agree with keeping the "get to know you" theme going.

Haha, that's too funny about your house! I felt the same way just doing two arrangements. I had bamboo everywhere. Too bad i don't have a panda for a pet. It wouldn't have gone to such waste. Guess I should start a compost bin or something.

As far as having another theme, I really like the tea cup idea from Seandor. What flowers I have left will definitely fit into a tea cup...and I can do more than one! But I'm open to more suggestions.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 26, 2007
1:07 PM

Post #3781201

Hi Karma, Well thanks, feel free to put the kettle on whenever you want, it will only be good if people help
out. Infact as a special introductory offer it's free drinks for all the floral artists who participate in our shows ok?

Compost bin! that reminds me I haven't been to my allotment all week either. I made a compost bin
just using pallets and tied them together with string!! My poor veggies have been neglected, I must go
and tend to them tomorrow.

Yes I like the tea cup idea, although I have never made anything in a container that small. I don't even own
a tea cup!! I will take a bunch of sweet peas to my neighbour (she loves them) and see if I can borrow one! I know she has lots. Lets wait and see what everyone else thinks.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2007
12:51 AM

Post #3783649

Hello df, I figure I'd move over here to continue our dialogue. Didn't want to be in the way of people bringing in their creations. Wishful thinking? I hope it isn't still raining in Springfield. Have you seen some of Seandor's arrangements in previous posts? They were really pretty...missing Seandor here as well. Her vases are so neat too. As for Bdale, hope the mrs. come home soon.

Thanks for viewing my arrangement. Hmm, am I getting too predictable with my style? Can't say the same for you, though. Always a nice surprise...one after another. Allotment? Will you tell me more about it? Do you buy or rent something like that?

Hopefully we can start the tea cup theme soon...but not until bdale makes his debut. Good thing your neighbor will lend you a tea cup (or two). You're from the UK, and no teacup?!?!?! Haha...sorry.

Slow day at the cafe today...hope tomorrow will be busier. Until then...I bid you good night (at least here in the US).

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2007
2:04 AM

Post #3784005

Hi df, thanks for coming back in. I was about to close up because someone ran out earlier saying their was a
cockroach in the loo.! hope we don't get shut down by the environmental
health..

Hey, I think your 'style' is charming,delicate, calm, and I admire it.
Floral artists can learn skills to impove their techniques,but your 'style' is developed by the more you do.

I'm glad you get a suprise when you look at mine, my 'style' can be quite creative but technically, I am still a novice.

speak about other stuff tomorrow, hope we get a few arrivals overnight!

This message was edited Jul 29, 2007 8:03 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #3784287

BTW, we are not all like Mary Poppins over here, I don't even like tea with spoonful of sugar and all that!!!!!

so when I come in tomorrow, I trust you will have the COFFEE brewing and I like it without sugar and loads of milk.!!
thanks.gf
BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2007
9:25 AM

Post #3784744

Hi folks,

I'm sipping my coffee and waiting for the latest news in the floral arranging world.

Terri, you are dashing all my illusions about Britain. I thought you all sat around all day in Victorian clothing (with the frilly hats and parasols), drinking tea, and saying things like "Cheerio, old chap." (grin).

Have a good morning,
BDale
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2007
12:36 PM

Post #3785021

Looks like bdale beat me to it. Good morning everyone. I'm glad to be off this weekend. Will have time to plant my new zinnias. I don't know if I'm any good at growing from seeds. My green envy zinnias have finally bloomed after 8 weeks (I think). They're the only ones that came up in my cut flower garden. Would like to try again with the fall garden though. This should be a good time?

I can't wait to use my green zinnias! The stems are really long, therefore, I would not want to use them in a tea cup arrangement. Perhaps a parallel arrangement would put it to better use. Anyway, let's revisit the different themes again and rearrange the order. We have about 10 weeks worth already!

1. Understated Elegance
2. Mini design (under 6") using very small flowers
3. Floral arrangment in a teacup.
4. A Study in Blues (or oranges or yellow or pinks, etc)
5. foliage only
6. Good enough to eat - using only edible flowers and veggies
7. Seasons
8. Zen
9. Tropicals
10. Summer vacation (we should do this one soon before summer's over)

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2007
3:31 PM

Post #3785596

well, how do you say,...

HOWDY FOLKS!

BD, check out the up to date magazines we have in the cafe, over there!.

Karmaplace, I love your enthusiasm about our next show, it's wonderful for me to meet someone
who loves doing flowers as such as I do! I don't mind which one we do first / last , I just don't want
to be the one to decide! Must dash, the chimney sweep has arrived.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2007
5:47 PM

Post #3786071

This place needs brightening up a bit, dont you think?

The tables look really bare Karma, how about making some simple elegant vases for us please?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2007
7:32 PM

Post #3786436

Happy to oblige, my df. I'll make something for the lounge, if you will do something for the tables. Perhaps that will help get some traffic in here?

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Click the image for an enlarged view.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2007
10:45 PM

Post #3786987

Lovely! the cup of coffee is a good idea too, it tells us we are in the cafe'
Yes please! make something for the lounge.
I don't know about ME doing the vases, I don't have your elegant touch.
I think drivenbonkers would do a much better job.

How about some 'Art' for the walls? I would love to have Lenjo's Tea pot arrangement up there,it would fit in
perfectly!

You never know, someone might call in one of these days and support our venture with some flowers!
Don't give up hope, it's early days.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2007 8:06 AM
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2007
2:35 PM

Post #3788938

Terri, I will be headed out for the beach today and won't be back until Tuesday. Please go on to the next theme without me. I hope there's internet access at the condo. I'll be sure to bring my laptop. Have a good weekend everyone.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2007
6:29 AM

Post #3791573

Karma, df, hope you have a lovely time at the beach.I'm so jealous I would absolutely love to come to the beach with you! Here it's just rain and more rain. My poor garden is comptetely windswept and battered down,it was looking nice with my Hollyhocks and sweet peas all flowering.Shame.

btw, make sure you look out for interesting stuff while your'e at the beach. A good opportunity to collect some beach / seaside 'junk' .I say junk because my kids say that to me.! I'm always bringing stuff home that I pick up. things
'that will come in handy for something oneday!!!

I'm going up tp Liverpool next week for a few days to visit my Mum and Dad. They live by a Nature reserve where the red squirrels live, in the pinewoods, it's really nice and relaxing up there. Gets us out of the 'smog' of london life for a
while. Last time I went I made a new flower bed for them in the front garden so I hope it looks ok!!! They don't have a
computer so you won't hear from me until I get back. but I will miss you!

So, if you get the time, please carry on with our plans to decorate the cafe and I'll be back to help, I promise.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2007
3:34 AM

Post #3794949

'Flower Art'

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2007
12:45 PM

Post #3795683

Karma, I know you are making an arrangement for the lounge,and I'm looking forward to that one.

I have left some flowers 'conditioning' in water and flower food in containers, feel free to use any of them . Have fun.!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2007
12:47 PM

Post #3795690

Chrysanths in water

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2007
12:51 PM

Post #3795700

One for the crossword table, gerbera,roses chrysanths

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2007
12:53 PM

Post #3795707

Oh, and if BDale comes in, ask him if he's read any of these.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2007
12:12 AM

Post #3802839

I have so much to catch up on! What's the foliage in your flower art? Let's put your lilies in the lounge...let me off the hook on that one? Your checkered flower pot is so groovy and the arrangement is such a cutie. Your chys in the watering can looks so homey! And what an assortment of flower magazines. I'm just too frugal to indulge in those, but now I have you, floral design for free! Thanks so much!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2007
12:30 AM

Post #3802912

How about a pic of Orange Beach, Alabama for the wall? Just a preview to my "summer vacation" arrangement.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2007
12:34 AM

Post #3802930

Okay, that one didn't blow up too well. Wish I know how to take pictures. Let's try another one.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2007
1:04 AM

Post #3803037

It looks great , and welcome back df. The foliage is the lily leaves, I enjoy just experimenting with stuff, one thing tends to lead to another.I like the colour scheme in your artworks, very calm!

While you were away,I was trying out cocktail ideas here's one I made for Poochella, it's called. . . . . ..
'Shy Dahlia'

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 4:01 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2007
3:12 AM

Post #3803647

'Shy Dahlia'

Poochella
Issaquah, WA
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2007
6:11 AM

Post #3804029

Oh, a dahlia! How lovely. I have been quickly reading and enjoying the new cafe. Between working long hours and watering the garden beds when not, I run out of time too often to visit DG as a proper lady should LOL.

Terriculture, where on earth do you come up with all these flowers? And I also want to ask you to tell more about an 'allotment.' In Seattle, our closest larger city, people can purchase parts of a "Pea Patch" (empty lots that then become city garden space. They only get the likes of 10x10 ft or such, but if one is in an apartment with no yard space even that small plot is a bonus.

I want to check out those magazines! So far I give the Cafe a big thumbs up! Keep the coffee hot...
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2007
7:37 AM

Post #3804075

Pooch, You took the question right out of my mouth.

The thing that's made me smile the most, tho, is thinking about what Terri's expression might be if she tasted some of that good ole Louisiana Chickory coffee of Karma's!! LOL!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3786436

Suzy
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2007
12:07 PM

Post #3804322

Welcome new guests of Terri's flowerpot cafe. Hope you enjoy every visit and come back for more. Illoquin, that's New Orleans famous Cafe du Monde coffee! Sorry no biegnets at this time. Perhaps Terri will make us some coffee from London today.
BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 1, 2007
12:17 PM

Post #3804356

I love the mums in the yellow watering can, Terri (earlier in this thread) as well as your other arrangements. Nope, haven't read all those flower magazines.

As a kid growing up in Minnesota I remember coffee (plain, black, just from the metal grocery store "coffee can", no fancy stuff) brewing as part of every meal: breakfast, lunch (aka "dinner"), dinner (aka "supper") and probably a mid-morning and mid-afternoon batch as well. And yet, funny, Minnesotans have a reputation for being such good-natured folks in general... LOL

BDale
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
5:58 AM

Post #3808381

Wow Karma, I can see you've been rushed off your feet!. I forgot to say thanks for saying you liked the container displays.Sorry I haven't been around much to chat,I've been busy with 'real life' stuff.LoL!!

Welcome everyone!
Poochella darling! thanks for calling in, glad you like the flowerpot cafe' and the cocktail I prepared for you.
O.K. here goes...
'Where do you come up with all these flowers?' you asked. Well, the main reason we chose this location for our flowerport cafe' is because of the 'International cyber flower market ' next door ! It's great because quite a few of the stall holders pop in for a coffee and a chat. They tell us about the flowers that are going cheap and sometimes they give us flowers that are past their best, which we willing accept.
.Actually I buy them from the supermarket, I use my garden flowers, my neighbour shares her flowers with me, in return I make an 'arrangement'for her and when it's had it ,she gives me the container back.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2007 7:01 AM

This message was edited Aug 2, 2007 10:50 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
6:19 AM

Post #3808404

Hi IIIoquin, Thanks for coming into our Cafe', I hope you will become a regular around here, and oh, tell your friends about us!!
Allotments, mine is a mess with all the rain we have had. I rent it and it costs 18 per year. I don' know the size exactly but it's quite long about 50ft. Although it's hard work it gets me out in the 'real' fresh air! I can't wait to taste one of my
homegrown tomatoes this year.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
6:45 AM

Post #3808431

BDale welcome back, it's always a pleasure to see you here. I would love to see a picture of those coffee cans you were talking about. Do you mean the ones that you see in the old black&white films? or movies as you guys say!

Karma, I don't understand the coffee jokes.. help!
I moved the lily vase from the lounge, I thought for the night time crowd we could make small displays with candles to
give it a bit more atmosphere, what do you think?
I made a new flower art! I used the petals from the last 3 arrangements, put them in a vase with water,added some
pearl pins and placed it on a fatsia leaf.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
6:52 AM

Post #3808441

When my 'artwork' was completed, I added a lily and put it on the table, a good way to use up all the old petals don't you think?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
6:55 AM

Post #3808445

the last gerbera!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2007
12:32 PM

Post #3808807

Terri, sorry for the coffee jokes. Besides hurricanes, I guess one of the things Louisiana is famous for is our coffee. I didn't realize that until Illoquin pointed it out. Cafe du Monde is an old coffee house that originated in the French Quarter (which New Orleans is famous for). They serve coffee and beignets which are our version of powdered donuts. The best thing about CDM is that they sell their ground coffee to people like me who are addicted but can't afford a brewed cup everyday!

Life here has been busy as well. As soon as my toddler starts daycare, I'll have a little more time to produce some new arrangements. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy watching the shows from here. The cafe looks great Terri and business may be picking up soon.
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 2, 2007
12:42 PM

Post #3808833

...and I thought it would be funny because I figured Terri would #1 prefer tea, and #2 if she'd have a cuppa joe, would prefer real coffee, not the chickory laced New Orleans coffee.

...and Karma, I'm just teasing you. You know that the coffee is delicous as long as the beignets are hot and fresh!

Suzy
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2007
12:54 PM

Post #3808874

Haha Illoquin, guess the joke's on me!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2007
12:55 PM

Post #3808877

Terri, glad I'm not the only american who assumed you like tea.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 2, 2007
4:25 PM

Post #3809685

I usually drink the ground nescafe' not very exiting I know! Thanks or explaining.
I love the sound of those sugary doughnuts.

toddlers like making flower things too mummy. Hope your not gonna leave me to do all the work
now Karma df.?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 3, 2007
12:11 AM

Post #3811281

Karma, I left a basket of flowers from my garden, use anything you like!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 3, 2007
12:15 AM

Post #3811289

garden flowers in wicker basket

Poochella
Issaquah, WA
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2007
7:26 AM

Post #3812385

NEscafe! I am from the hometown of Starbucks and must say, even though I don't patronize their stores often, the thought of Nescafe makes me gag! You should switch to tea like a good Brit, Terriculture! I assumed the same: tea drinker. Shame on us.

TC for short, if I may, your work is stunning and creative. But that wicker basket full of common cottage garden blooms: now that is right up my alley and so nicely played out the entire depth of the basket. Perfect picnic wherever that basket goes...!

I hadn't heard of a beignet before ( google LOL) How do you pronounce it, and more importantly, are they good?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 3, 2007
12:34 PM

Post #3812684

Poochella, nice of you to stop by. Don't know how the French would say it, but we New Orleanians pronounce beignet as benyay, rhymes with bengay, but tastes much better! Yes, they're delicious when served fresh and hot as Suzy had mentioned, but can get really messy if you're an amateur beignet eater, because of the powdered sugar. Thanks for asking!

Terri, I cannot touch any of those flowers that you have there in the basket. They're so beautifully arranged, why would I want to mess that up? Can you list all the flowers you used? I recognize the daisies, but that's about it. Great assortment of flowers you have there. I'm getting bummed about mine. Seems like I'm using the same flowers over and over again. I can't wait for next spring! I'm getting lots of ideas from DG...I'm all over the place...just lurking though.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 4, 2007
4:46 PM

Post #3816980

I hate tea, the smell of it, the taste and I don't even know how to make it! When my tea drinking
friends come around they prefer to make it themselves because I'm rubbish at it.LoL!

So, you alll need to educate me on which coffee I should try, I don't like it really strong,so what do you suggest?

I'm glad you liked the garden flower basket, thanks.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2007 1:27 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2007
12:25 AM

Post #3818247

Karma, I'm working on the list, here's something I made for you
yellow roses with crocosmia

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2007
12:40 AM

Post #3818297

That's so sweet, thank you! Lovely roses at the base. I like the nest around the pot. You pay so much attention to detail. Will be back tomorrow with somethnig for you.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2007
2:42 AM

Post #3818708

Poochella, more garden style stuff for you! coffee pots

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2007
2:49 AM

Post #3818728

coffee pots with garden flowers in water

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2007
2:53 AM

Post #3818734

Garden flowers in vase of water

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2007
4:35 AM

Post #3819044

Wowie, terri...you have way too much energy...I don't know if I can keep up. Okay, so I used some of your lilies that were in the lounge and a made a smaller arrangement for you. The older blooms are gone, but the buds have taken their place. Just snipped them and shoved them in a smaller vase. Nothing creative about it...just something simple because my brain is tired. Enjoy.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Poochella
Issaquah, WA
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2007
5:07 AM

Post #3819115

I get tired just viewing Terri's productions! Splendid and fabulous! I love the coffee pot offerings. Crocosmia is something I wish I'd have learned about years ago. People complain that it spreads, but I use all I can grow and find that I give it away enough that it never spreads fast enough!

Beautiful coffee brews TC. I would like to know what the light green, scantly yellow filler is to the lower right in the post entitled "coffee pots with garden flowers in water." Looks good.

Beautfiful lilies, Karma. Hope you can re-energize soon, ditto for me. Days get shorter every single week, I mean in apparent time, not in sunlight hours.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2007
12:47 PM

Post #3819582

Thanks Poochella, I just need my morning coffee fix here, and I'm good to go. I've never seen crocosmia until I saw Lenjo with it. That's a really nice flower and I love the leaves on them. Are they good container plants?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #3819663

Hi Karma, Thanks for the lilies. Crocosmia is so easy to grow and people do moan about how much it
spreads, as poochella said, but when you arrange flowers it's great thing to have and the leaves are easy to
manipulate, you can get fantastic colours too, I have a yellow one which has lighter foliage,it's not flowering yet, I also
had a red one but seem to have lost that! My yellow ones are in a container, which I can move about .

we could do with a few more people coming into the cafe'
with their donations of flowers! We need to enjoy the flowers while we have them flowering.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2007 12:22 AM
Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2007
6:30 AM

Post #3823143

Terri, That is so funny that you don't drink tea. I have had visitors here from Ireland, N.I., New Zealand and Australia and they all moan that the water isn't hot enough, the tea isn't "right", and that they haven't had a good cup of tea since they left home. LOL!

I *LOVE* your garden flower arrangements and I can honestly say I've seen a lot of summer arrangments thorugh the garden clubs and all, but I have never seen a maroon droopy thing better used in an arrangement. (I don't know the name, but it might be Amaranthus) From post Post #3818708, just above. Usually they sort of stick it in the bottom so it falls over front, but it never quite looks part of the arrangement!

Karma, Nice lilies! Love the arrangement, and the lilies have such good color...did you grow them yourself?

I am finding it difficult to cut my pretty flowers, isn't that silly?

Suzy

BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2007
10:38 PM

Post #3825890

Here's some flowers to play around with for your arrangements. This was our dining room table at about 6:30 a.m. this morning. (Sorry about the dark lighting in the photo. We had a massive thunderstorm about the time of this photo).

Today was Entry Day at our local county fair. Most of these flowers found their way into various arrangements or individual floral entries for the fair.

Thumbnail by BDale60

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2007
11:16 PM

Post #3826001

WOW! BDale those flowers are beautiful, and look in such perfect condition.I love the assortment of vases too. I don't have many of those flowers myself, but I'm sure someone
will be able to use them in an arrangement for our cafe'. Thankyou.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
2:02 AM

Post #3826689

IIIoquin, Thankyou, it is very nice of you to say lovely things about my arrangement. I have
been to a few of those clubs and demonstrations myself, but I find them all a bit stiff!! too many
rules.That plant you mentioned is Amaranthus like you said, I haven't used it before. I bought
one at the Hampton court flower show this year, so it is still quite small.
All I can say is, we all love our flowers and it would be a shame if you don't share.LoL!!
snip snip snip!

Karma, sorry I have been so long with the list of flowers I used in my basket arrangement,
I have made you a flower clock!

This message was edited Aug 7, 2007 3:43 AM
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 7, 2007
2:10 AM

Post #3826712

Illoquin, wish those lilies came from my garden *bows head down in shame*. But I did pick them out at the market all myself...thanks. Bdale, thanks for the flowers, I will see if I can use them in here.
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2007
2:15 AM

Post #3826735

I just noticed the other thread for the first time...we need to get a lot more people involved...come on DGers...I know nothing about arranging but i do want to participate...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
2:33 AM

Post #3826811

gessiegail, thanks for coming in the cafe' hope to see you as a regular!
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2007
2:39 AM

Post #3826837

so happy you are doing this!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks for the invitation...
gail
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
2:40 AM

Post #3826843

Flower clock, to show what I used in my basket/vase arrangements.
1.sweetpeas
2.solidago
3 roses
4. amaranthus
5. conifer
6. daisys
7 red valarian
8. veronica
9. hollyhocks
10. rosemary
11. rose campion
12 crocosmia
This message was edited Aug 7, 2007 4:30 AM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2007 2:43 AM

gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2007
3:03 AM

Post #3826932

I love that terriculture...and I do believe I am reading more into this wonderful flower clock...than just a clock...
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 7, 2007
3:24 AM

Post #3827011

Thanks terri, a lot of hard work into your id. And a nice arrangement itself. That's the blue spiky flower...veronica...I couldn't remember what it was called. What's between the daisies and veronica? Love all the different flowers. I love amaranthus, although it looks scary at times when it is draping from an arrangement.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
3:40 AM

Post #3827061

Hi Karma, Glad to see you in the cafe' we haven't seen much of each other here lately!

This message was edited Aug 10, 2007 12:16 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
5:55 AM

Post #3827375

I have left an arrangement for the lounge, garden flowers today in a vase of water.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2007
6:24 AM

Post #3827409

and some 'Flower Art'

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2007
3:17 AM

Post #3835172

Opps, I came in the wrong door, I meant to go to the flower market next door, someone said they
were having a sale on Cannas, I fancy getting one of those new one's that Yardqueen grows.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2007
10:20 PM

Post #3841984

Would you believe it, they are comptetely sold out of Canna's! I wish someone would bring some in. (hint hint)
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2007
2:46 PM

Post #3844180

Terri, my neighbor has lots of them blooming...wonder if she would lend me some...my own cannas just aren't as beautiful.
BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2007
4:21 PM

Post #3844489

At Karma's request, here are a couple of "Dueil du Roi Albert" Dahlias in an Irish coffee glass. (Karma requested the Dahlias. The Irish coffee was my idea...)
BDale

Thumbnail by BDale60

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2007
7:01 PM

Post #3844996

Thankyou BDale ,they are beautiful, did you grow them from tubers? I started with 8 daliah's
this year and now only have 2 left the slugs love them here. How do you manage to keep them looking so good? We love to get any flowers in the cafe' so please pop in whenever you have
some to share! Oh and when you fancy a brew of course.LoL!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2007
9:51 PM

Post #3845579

I agree- they're beautiful, although I would have loved to see more of the glass as well. So, I like chickory in my coffee, and Bdale, you like whiskey in yours. Terri likes Nestle in hers. The only nestle I'd like in my coffee is chocolate. Well, actually, I'd like chocolate anywhere!

Do tell about the dahlias...and please don't tell us to go to the dahlia forum. I've been there and it's kind of intimidating and overwhelming there. I grew some from tubers, but they're not looking so hot. I'm guessing it's because they're potted. The weather is too hot down here right now for me to work on making a bed for them. The bougainvilleas are loving it, but I'm hating it! Here's a pic I took this morning to show you how hot and humid it is down here. Note: The dreamy quality of the picture is from the "steam" that gathered on the lens as I took it, not from any editing (have no idea how to do that).

This message was edited Aug 11, 2007 4:52 PM

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2007
11:04 PM

Post #3845827

Lovely hot pots Karma! see, today now, things to look at. I like that!
Yes BDale, tell us about your Dahliah's please! I cannot get onto that forum to see the replies
and it's frustrating!

Karma whats that one with the yellow flower? (the big one) oh and I missed you!
BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2007
9:32 AM

Post #3847053

Karma, LOL. 98% of the time I take my coffee black, without anything in it, whiskey or otherwise!!

This is our first year with Dahlias so I have no great expertise to impart. We purchased the tubers on line from a couple of the suppliers most highly ranked on the DG Garden Watchdog. The tubers were planted directly outside, as per the instructions we found in several places, but I now find that many experienced growers start them inside in pots and transplant for earlier blooms. We have about ten Dahlia plants in our garden this year. The tallest plant is nearly six feet at this stage and has produced multiple blooms, the shortest is about two-and-a-half feet and has a couple of good size buds but no blooms yet. All others are somewhere in between.

The most common response I've gotten from local gardeners in my area is "Oh, Dahlias are so beautiful but I don't want to have to dig up the tubers and store them at the end of the season." We won't be going through that process until several more weeks, so I guess I will find out then if it is really such a burden. The most commonly cited problem (which we did not experience this season) is tuber rot in the early stages if the area gets too much rain (or if the gardener over-waters) and the soil does not drain well.

I've found the Dahlia Forum intimidating only because of the high volume of gorgeous blooms, one after another, produced by some of the experienced growers but they have been extremely friendly and helpful to me so I would, in fact, recommend it. I've learned a lot over there and received much good advice and encouragement. There are also some "sticky" threads on that forum with some Dahlia basics: planting, tuber storage, etc.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2007
6:34 PM

Post #3848440

Thanks Terri, the yellow flowers belong to golden thryallis. It's supposed to look much fuller than that, but my thumb just isn't green enough to pull it off.

Bdale, thanks for the info. I had 3 or 4 that rotted on me because of the rain. Good to know for the next season...I'll be more serious and stop in to say hi instead of lurking around the dahlia forum.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2007
6:38 PM

Post #3848455

Terri, I haven't made anything for the cafe in a while...so I'm using a few zinnias from BDale's collection for this arrangement. You can set it anywhere you like!

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2007
8:32 PM

Post #3848867

So delicate Karma, thankyou! what are those pink leaves from? and is that blue Hydranga?
Beautiful and mysterious pot lurking behind there!! I think your arrangement can go in the gift shop ok?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2007
8:59 PM

Post #3848981

Karma don't you think we should encourage Any arrangements here in here?, no themes!!!!! just whatever you like!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2007
9:42 PM

Post #3849132

Of course...but do you mean in the cafe? I don't think anyone new will venture in here...so maybe take it outside? But I figure if anyone wants to show off their beautiful creations, they can always do so via new thread. You are a persistent one, aren't you and it did pay off! I do have a request Terri. Do you do wedding flowers? If you have, let's talk weddings! I've done about one wedding a year on the request of family and friends and I have one I haven't committed to at the end of this year. I'm looking for ideas to present to her, but she may have ideas of her own already. They're kind of stressful because you don't want anything to go wrong for the wedding. I would have nightmares prior to the event! Anyway, hope you have wedding pics to show off!

About my arrangement...blue plumbago IS pretty delicate. They don't hold up too well as a cut flower. It's no longer a light blue, but more of a purple you would find on agapanthus. Kind of neat. The label that came with the pink leaves said syngonium...looks like nephthytis, just pink. Gift shop? Since when? Guess I'd better go check it out!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2007
11:41 PM

Post #3849570

Well, as far as weddings go, I'm no expert but I have made a few things. I don't really enjoy that side of floristry (too
much wiring and fiddly stuff)! Also far too stressful with having to do everything perfect for the day.
I have made, a Victorian posy, semi wired bouquet, tablecentre with candles, buttonholes and corsages.
They are in my Diary under 'Floristry'.
Best to get as much info as possible from the clients and advise on which flowers will be best suited for their colour
scheme. before even thinking about designs.
Oh Plumbago, thats lovely, I had one once but it didn't survive the winter! I haven't heard of Syngonium,but it looks
like good foliage. Victorian posy, roses,lavender and lace, each individually wired.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2007 12:43 AM

This message was edited Aug 15, 2007 8:24 PM

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 13, 2007
12:44 AM

Post #3849829

Victorian posy...wow...you individually wired them? How long does that take and how long does it last without water? It's really pretty...looks like a labor of love! I guess I need to find out more from her before I sign up for it, huh? I will definitely check out your diary.

I guess I was thinking if you started a new thread, it would be more eye-catching, that's all. Didn't mean anything else...private club...huh?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2007
12:58 AM

Post #3849876

It took about 2 hrs to wire, tape (which holds some water) and assemble,it can be made the day before,also kept because they dry
quite well being small flowers.
Yes well, I will be interesed in any new threads! or old one's! I'm enjoying all of it!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 13, 2007
1:40 AM

Post #3850056

Oooooh, Terri...your wedding flowers are beautiful. I especially liked the posy with yellow roses and yellow alstromerias. How do you get it to be so round and perfect?!?!?! I've never seen a cake top like that before. I usually just wrap it into a point and poke it into the cake! I've been lucky that the cakes didn't come apart due to the pressure. The stand you made is really neat! Well, thanks for pointing me into that direction, it was so much fun looking through your diary.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2007
9:29 PM

Post #3853399

Thanks df, glad you enjoyed looking at my Diary, I try to add new stuff every day or two.

The gift shop! In our Cafe' is by the door. We have a range of gift ideas,cards,bouquets,small arrangements,indoor
plants etc etc... People can ask for requests here anytime!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 14, 2007
3:08 AM

Post #3854643

Karma, I made us a 'green chair'

Illoquin
Indianapolis, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 14, 2007
4:59 AM

Post #3854864

Good Lord, Terri! That is sooo cool! How did you ever think of it?

Suzy
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 15, 2007
1:20 AM

Post #3857842

Thanks Suzy, it just happened, like most things I make! I tend to take some photo's of work in
progress, the ' chair ' is the background I made for my holiday carnival display to sit on.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 21, 2007
8:38 PM

Post #3883062

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine down
in the most delightful way...by Mary Poppins!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 24, 2007
2:11 AM

Post #3892820

Hi Karma,
Just bringing in some Canna's for the cafe' garden, no flowers yet, but looking ok.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 24, 2007
11:36 AM

Post #3893921

Terri, the foliage looks healthy and beautiful.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2007

Post #3897328

Thanks Karma, they look like that every year and haven't ever flowered!!

Here's some more artwork to put up!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2007
12:01 PM

Post #3898193

Very cool terri, you are really an artist. Terri, it's not hard to put in links here at DG. You just have to copy and paste the URL, and that's IT! I just open another window, find what I'm looking for, and copy the address at the top, then go back to posting my reply and paste. Hit preview to make sure the link is there. Very easy if you have a minute. Just thought I'd help you if you were interested.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2007
3:09 PM

Post #3898686

Thankyou, I didn't know how to do that for sookey on the other thead .
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2007
4:00 AM

Post #3916642

Flopping down in a chair with humidity drenched slowness, ahhh, it feels wonderful in here. I am new to the area and I heard you have the best Iced Mochas around. Any way I could order one? Wow, what a lovely little cafe. Did you do the artwork yourself. I would love to know who the artist is. And the green chairs are amazingly comfortable and have such a pleasant aroma. I am just going to flip through one of your magazines and cool off. I appreciate the hospitality and can not wait to find time to stop by again. By they way do you carry tea. No, not that kind. Good ole southern ice tea loaded down with sugar and lemons. Great, I'll order one next time I breeze by. Stay refreshed and can't wait to see ya'll again.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 1, 2007
4:57 PM

Post #3925543

Hi Pupil and Welcome! Come and hang out here anytime, sorry I don't think we have tea here!!!!!
Bring your flowers and creative works into our Cafe'
I am making another chair just for you, it's under construction as we speak.
I am very happy to hear you like our Cafe', I am hoping come winter this place will be buzzing with ideas!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2007
12:04 PM

Post #3930946

Welcome Pupil. Terri, sorry I haven't been around much...will do better to support your cafe. What do you mean you don't have tea here??? Do you mean to tell me I will have to sneak my own sweet iced tea in here? You might just have to hire me to make ice tea for your perspiring guests.

Here is something for your wall Terri.

This zinnia...

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2007
12:09 PM

Post #3930964

Or this?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 3, 2007
7:02 PM

Post #3932470

Hi Karma, I don't know how to make tea! Thanks for the lovely flower pictures, I'm putting up both.
You are officially the tea maker ok!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2007
10:52 PM

Post #3933338

Karma, if you need help with the tea, I mean real Southern tea like we love to drink in AL and LA, I will substitute any time. Not too sweet where your teeth rot immediately, but not bitter. No Sweet-n-Low here. And a good dose of lemon. Oh Terri, it is 98 degrees out here, could we have it as a summer specialty drink on the menu. Maybe regular sweet tea and Long Island?

Traci

BTW Karma, just noticed you are from NO. How did you fare during Katrina. I am an insurance adjuster (no don't shoot. I am a really nice one. I like to give money away). I drove down there during CAT duty and loaded my car down with everything imaginable to give to NO. I hope you and your loved ones made it ok. I have never seen devastation like that before in my life. Pictures do not capture it all. I know that we don't know each other, but one thing I learned is being neighborly. I knew several people who opened their houses to strangers. We didn't have one at the time. However, we do now, and God willing it doesn't happen again, you always have a place in Birmingham. I would have given anything to have been able to put someone up when it occured. I worked in the same building as the civic center and it was the most distressing thing I have ever seen. Families living in an arena, on cots, with everyone watching. There was one family with a little girl I wanted to grab a hold of and offer a place to stay. Unfortunately, we were in a one bed with a baby. Now we have a three bed with a fourth downstairs which has its own bath and den. I know this may sound crazy to some of ya'll out there, but Birmingham was one of the many places where people fled and doors swung wide open to any and all. It was amazing and if it happens again, mine will too.

Sincerely,
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 4, 2007

Post #3934258

Ok, but not the kind mary poppins drinks!

Thanks for sharing your story Pupil, I'm sure many of us around the world cannot imagine just how bad it was for you, from the television coverage. Thankfully you've survived.

I just called in with a delicious cake for you, so enjoy!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2007
2:35 PM

Post #3935710

Pupil, I'll have a glass of your sweet tea, but hold the lemons please. I see you have not forgotten about New Orleans...thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. We did not stay in NO to ride the storm, and were fortunate to escape the worst of it. We did lose the house and everything in it, but that's all replaceable...except for the pictures. An empty lot awaits our return...but not sure if we will. You'll be happy to know that our insurance adjuster for our flood policy was great. It just took forever to get anything processed. You sound like a very generous person. Lucky for those who had you for an adjuster! Thanks for asking.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2007 10:11 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 4, 2007
4:33 PM

Post #3936172

A couple of new chairs for you!

Karma suggested we try to get 2oo post in a week, try out your ideas in here relaxing!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2007
5:16 PM

Post #3936298

Oh my gosh...those chairs are soooooooooo cute! Love them!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 4, 2007
7:36 PM

Post #3936724

Well thankyou karma!, I will be making quite a few variations of these I recon! I got them the other day,at a floristry
wharehouse, it was fabulous there,like a huge Aladin's cave full of cooooooooooooooooool stuff! They had lots of things made of wicker and moss and these chairs caught my eye.

I found this wicker thing, so I made a fushia tree!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
1:29 AM

Post #3945686

Hi Guys, just bringing some fresh flowers in, help youself if you want to use them for anything!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
1:35 AM

Post #3945731

Hairy sunflowers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
9:18 PM

Post #3948476

More!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 9, 2007
2:36 AM

Post #3953031

I've put the first lot in a vase.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 9, 2007

Post #3953044

Here's the hairy sunflowers

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2007
3:24 AM

Post #3953171

Just dropping in to grap a double expresso, mocha cappo. I need energy to finish the night up. I received multilple cuttings of coleus, hung the first of our lights for basement overwintering, dug up monkey grass and ivy to trade with another lady for her grass clippings, leaves and pine straw, came home and finished planting and now I have to transfer seeds from baggies to tray, as they have developed roots (my first try, yea!).

Terri, love the hairy flowers. I was up the night you were doing all the postings and would check back to see what was next. I love your creativity. My favorite pic was the second one with the pack opened and seeds scattered. I would hang that in a heartbeat.

As being new to the site, please let me know if I offended by evaluating your arrangements, yet not knowing how to do them myself. I just know when I like something and want to tell people so. I love the fact that you know each design basis but I bet anyone who would see a line of arrangements would pick yours out immediately. Not for being repetitious, but orginal. Like you said, you have to keep the frame, but anything else is in the eyes of the maker. Break the rules, make them see outside the box, be original. I love it. If I had met you 5 years ago, I would have flown you to AL to do our flowers. That is, if we had the money. LOL.

Please let me know if we are not suppose to 'critique' arrangements. Believe me, they will never be bad as I can't even get a single rose in a vase. Thanks for the Cappo. Got to plant some babies.

So exhausted,
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 9, 2007
2:11 PM

Post #3954126

Traci, don't go overdoing things, getting exhausted is not good for you. Slow down!!
I am not offended in the least, whatever you say is your opinion and you are entitled to it my dear!
Actually it's very good to get feedback, everyone sees something different and it's nice when someone notices
something that had just happened by accident and you decided to leave it in! hope that makes sense.

Thankyou for coming into the cafe, hope you enjoyed the coffee and come back soon!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2007
2:43 AM

Post #3956741

Terri, here is another arrangement I made with the gerbers. We always talk about verticals, but what about horizontals??

Edit: Now that I've posted this pic, I realize one of my gerbers seems shy as she is not giving us any eye contact.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2007 9:47 PM

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2007
2:44 AM

Post #3956747

Or do you like this one better...less horizontal.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 10, 2007
3:01 AM

Post #3956829

I like the shy one! it's a bit quirky.
The 2nd one would cost a fortune at the florists, very pro! neat, good shape and balance. well done !
Thanks for posting your arrangements in here, did I say it was free drinks when you bring flowers or arkworks in here?
We could do with some nice lighting in here for the evening crowd, any ideas?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
4:36 AM

Post #3961404

Sweeties anyone?

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2007
11:11 AM

Post #3961698

Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you gonna get.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
11:37 AM

Post #3961779

You are funny! Where's your lanterns or lampshades?!!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #3961821

You mean the one I posted on paper crafts? I'll post a pic of the final product when I make the real one for my son. They're celebrating the Moon Festival Friday. All the kids will have a lantern, made or store-bought. They will have a procession or parade with their lanterns, but it's in the morning, so no point in putting a light source inside. The real festival is held in the evening and lots of kids will bring their lit lanterns. It's a pretty sight and a wonderful cultural experience.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
12:10 PM

Post #3961877

maybe you could take some photos of the lantern festival, that sounds like fun. we don't have that here!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 11, 2007
4:07 PM

Post #3962702

Just wondering, do you have a special sushi day at the cafe. I love it, and could go for some. I will definitely follow with a piece of a sweet. How much for a box?

Karma,what is a latern festival? Sounds interesting and, like Terri, I would love to see picture.

Gotta run. Let me know if there is a sushi day and I will come by to grab a bite.

Oh, a piece of sweet before I good. Delish!!

Thanks for the candy fix,
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
11:14 PM

Post #3964103

Well, my fake sweeties gave them all a bit of energy ! Maybe they remind you of Sushi!!!

Sorry Traci, but this is a vegetarian cafe, no sushi allowed. There's a fish and chips shop on the other side of the road!! Have your sushi over there and come back here for coffee and cakes.haha!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2007
12:59 AM

Post #3964509

Darn, I figured you would have the loveliest sushi in town. Not even vegatarian sushi? Cucumbers, cream cheese, apple and such? Oh, well, I will take a box of chocolates, the last ones didn't last long :^0, and an expresso. It is going to be a long night!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2007
1:12 AM

Post #3964577

The moon festival is an asian tradition that goes by several names. Mid-autumn festival, moon festival, lantern festival. It occurs on the 15th day of the 8th month on the lunar calendar. We have a big asian population here in New Orleans and every year around this time (it's different every year because they go by the lunar calendar), a festival is held mainly for the kids to spend time with family and friends. Many of the kids dress in colorful traditional clothes and show up with lanterns of all shapes and designs. It's on the 25th of this month, but not sure when the festival will be held. Will take lots of pictures of kids and their lanterns.

I'm disappointed too Pupil. I love sushi myself. The cucumber and cream cheese is so crisp and fresh. Long night Traci? Working on your garden again? Good luck and have a great night.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2007
1:50 AM

Post #3964775

I love N.O for its colorfulness. It is one of my favorite cities to visit. I have had the pleasure of coming there about 10 times. I came to Mardi Gras once, but that is not for me. I like the off season, when you can stroll the streets, walk the Garden District, explore the fantastic antique shops and enjoy the wonderful food. I know the French Quarter is touristy, but I still love it. The performers, artists, fortune tellers are all great. And you have that fantastic outdoors market right down the road. I was truly devastated by what happened to ya'll. What a sad day!

I can't wait to see the pics, I bet they are adorable.

Karma, sneak around to the phone area and I will sneak some sushi in!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #3964952

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed NO. It's nice to hear good things, esp when the politics is so awful. I really do take the city for granted. My favorite part is the architecture and the beautiful container gardens on balconies and patios, but I can't afford to live in the French Quarter or the Garden District. I hardly visit these places anymore...too busy being a mom I guess. Now you have me wanting to spend a day in the French Quarter or on Magazine Street. There is a flower shop there I've always wanted to visit.

Well, thanks for the sushi, I'm calling it a night. Green tea?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2007
11:23 AM

Post #3965584

Morning...back here for some coffee. Have nothing planned outside of work. How's everyone doing today?

Terri, forgot to say thank you for the comments on my arrangement. I think I made 4 different ones with the same pink gerbers. It was really fun and inexpensive! Thanks for the suggestions.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2007
11:40 AM

Post #3965625

I try to ignore the politics of N.O. Birmingham is not much better. Ya'll just had the spotline shining on your town. B'ham is about to have mayorial elections and the race issue is front and foremost. I get so fed up with all the posturing but no resolution. Don't even get me started on Fed Gov.

Anyway, being a construction buff, the architecture is what draws me to the city. What I would give to go into some of those homes and the rooftop gardens are amazing. I forgot Magazine St.

I understand about prices and mothering. We saved for 4 years before we could afford a home and it is very modest. The great thing is it has a wonderful yard and our little "Teensy" has somewhere to play. But children do take up your time. I am always saying I want to go see this or do that, but never get around to it because of no time and she is only 2 1/2. I really don't look forward to ballet, baseball or whatever she can get into. I see parents whose lives are completed taken by become taxis.

Gotta hit the road. Do they serve Red Bull in here, because I need energy and would like to add to the double expresso before I spend all day drive.

Caio,
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 12, 2007
12:24 PM

Post #3965746

Hi, Something fishy going on in here.!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2007
12:53 PM

Post #3965925

I wish, but no sushi in here. Just discussing the finer point of New Orleans. Have you ever been to America, Terri?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 12, 2007
1:15 PM

Post #3966050

Hi Traci,
I have been to America twice. The first time was when I was 16,we went to Disney world Florida with my brothers and
Mum and Dad.We stayed at the contemporary resort hotel, and it had a monorail going through it. I had never seen anything like it! I had a fantastic time there and always wish that I could afford to take my own children there one day.
The second time we went the following year, to San Fransisco and hired a car and stayed in the holiday inns all the way to Los Angeles? ( sp.) Stopping at santa everything! monica, Barbara etc.
We went to Beverly hills and Universal studios, queen mary, all the usual tourist places I guess.
Have you ever been to England? It's cold! and it rains alot. They drink tea all the time.
Are you going to do something creative for the cafe? We always welcome flowers, artworks, things for our gift shop,table arrangements, even garden features for our patio area.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2007
12:34 PM

Post #3969932

Terri, what you said about you stopping at santa everything in California is too funny! England has got to be better than being cold and rainy! What is your favorite thing about England besides the tea (haha)?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2007
8:22 PM

Post #3971515

Where's everyone today...I'm bored out of my mind!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 14, 2007
12:04 AM

Post #3972297

Hi Karma, hope you haven't missed me too much...haha!!
A relative came to stay so, haven't had time to come in the cafe' today.

I think I will have some of that yummy carrot cake and a milky coffee.
What flower arranging magazines do you have over there Karma?

I was thinking we could do an arrangement from a magazine for one of our weekly themes, what do you think?
and we could do a theme using only 1 colour for arrangements for another week.

Well I always pop in here first, I'm going to check out the other threads now.
lovely carrot cake!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 14, 2007
1:20 AM

Post #3972674

I'm back, think I will have another slice of that cake!

Leaving some artwork., a flower collage.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2007
11:27 AM

Post #3973735

Morning all. Hate you were so bored Karma, but I have not stopped working. Anywho, I could go for a double expresso right now.

I still don't have any flowers and haven't had the time to buy any. However, I did receive some cuttings of Coleus and played with the leaves I pulled off. If any of your lovely table arrangements are wilting, how about this simple fix. I was laughing the whole time I was doing this at 3:00 this morning. My first attempt at display with flowers.

By the way, I don't know if I told ya'll this, but I have never even owned a plant until 2 months ago when we finally bought a house, but I have always wanted to learn how to make beautiful arrangements. So here is a newbie question. What are the basic items I would need to get started? I have several lovely vases of all sizes my Mom gave me this week. Where do I go from here?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the shot of expresso. Gotta get back to work.

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2007
1:06 PM

Post #3974011

Terri, I don't have any flower magazines besides the occasional Living and Southern Living magazines. How about if you post a pic of the arrangement from your magazine? Unless you want variety, I can look through the other magazines. Great idea! What a funky collage...and I mean it in a good way! Love the modern colors.

Traci, nice dispaly of potpourri. I love the colors of coleus. Laughing means you were having fun...and that's what flower arranging is all about! Btw, did you get the cuttings to plant? Are they easy to root?

I love your enthusiasm Traci. Having some vases is a great start. I don't know where to begin to show you. How about telling me what your favorite kind of arrangement is? Or take a pic of those vases...and I can think of ideas from there? Have you seen the workshop on this forum yet? We have a few ideas there. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/764452/
Talk to you later.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2007
11:08 AM

Post #3977343

Terri, where are you? The people you hired to take your place when you're not here just aren't personable. The coffee isn't great either. Hope you look into it!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 15, 2007
4:21 PM

Post #3978126

Sorrry about the service lately, I have sacked the part timer, I found sushi take away boxes out the back, I think she was sneaking them in. Obviously it wasn't any of the regulars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traci, that is a great arrangement with the candle and coleus. I keep all my flower petals to use for various things.
I'm so glad you are finding things to make, even if you have had time to get flowers. It is fun being experimental, and
each time we make something, we learn what works and what doesn't. I'm going to put a post in the 'toolbox'
thread about the basic flower arrangers toolbox ,tools and eqipment.

karma, thanks for saying you liked my funky collage did you notice 4 of the flowers are 3d, which were fun to make!
I have lots of arrangement pictures in magazines, I wonder which one to choose, something simple, not everyone
has floral foam do they? I still have visitors, thats why I wasn't here. Must go and make dinner, will try to come back later.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2007
9:42 PM

Post #3978966

Terri, I can't believe someone would try to sneak in Sushi and who would bribe her to do THAT/?! I must look into it, so I can find out who the ring leader is, what was her name?

Great idea on the tool box. That is exactly what I need. The basics and simple beginner designs. I loved Karma's and I am going to try that as soon as the flowers bloom.

Gotta run, meeting another DGer.

Traci
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2007
2:18 AM

Post #3980031

Terri, yes, I did notice the 3d flowers...that's why I described it as funky...and fantastic! Choose anything terri! I'm excited to see the arrangement of the week. That is true about floral foam...I'll wait here patiently until you come back.

I did not mean to get one of your employees fired. I feel guilty thinking about the 10 children at home she has to feed.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 16, 2007
2:22 AM

Post #3980053

Traci, her name is wi #+_tw*(n^%e'#p.o.

Sorry for the inconvience...

The flowerpot Cafe' will be having a flower festival next week, bring in your flowers,plants, and gift ideas to swop
with others.
there will be lots to see if we all make an effort and buy some flowers!! cakes also welcome.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 16, 2007
2:29 AM

Post #3980083

Hi Karma, I had already written the above message before I saw yours!
she didn't have any children and I expect high standards of service here so don't feel guilty.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2007
2:35 AM

Post #3980108

Hey terri...just checking in before I call it a night. Busy weekend for you, huh? I'm off tomorrow, so TGIS!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2007

Post #3980131

Pupil, I was looking at my baby bottle arrangement again, and you know, that's not the greatest looking "double budvase". I'm sure your roses will look much better. I hope it blooms soon for you.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 16, 2007
3:29 AM

Post #3980287

TGIS? no comprende Karma!

BTW, I like you baby bottle! it is unusual for flowers!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2007
4:11 PM

Post #3981537

Since I had to work Saturday, TGIS-thank goodness it's saturday as opposed to TGIF-thank goodness it's friday. Thanks for letting me know you liked the flowers. The picture distorted it a bit.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 16, 2007
7:51 PM

Post #3982133

Hi,
Been so busy I forgot to swing by and grap some java. Um...I did it. I have my first arrangement. Please don't D-mail each other back and forth laughing. I never thought something like this would be so stressful, as I have no problem being outgoing. Ya'll are so fantastic and this is so amateur. On that note, however, I can take constructive critiquing very well. I learned several things. First, FOAM. I would have had a great arrangement and vase if I had some, but since I did not I had to settle for the bud vase. Second, Do NOT use a white back drop. It has a bad shadow. Third, If you walk around your yard, you can find some amazing stuff. Fourth, always make sure what you have covering the stems in the vase actually needs to cover them. Finally, this is NOT easy to do, and all I had were two flowers and some monkey grass. I bought the large rose, the rest I scavaged. My stupid roses still haven' bloomed.

Thanks for the ideas. I did this based on the baby bottle (which is a fantastic idea for a baby shower!!).

Traci

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2007
10:37 PM

Post #3982615

Congratulations on your first floral arrangement. Looks like you mastered the double bud vase in just one attempt. Fabulous Traci! I love the monkey grass and its spiky flowers. You did a great job with the placement of the grass. Beautiful vase and elegant arrangement. I think it looks way better than my bottle arrangement. I also want to add that the top flower doesn't have to be smaller. If you had two roses of the same size, it would be just fine. Love that bicolor rose.

I think terri said free drinks for bringing in flowers!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 16, 2007
11:06 PM

Post #3982700

Humbly she accepts the compliments and inside lets go of her breath. Thank you so much. You could not imagine how long this took me. I am not even going to tell. Let's just say it is sitting in the same spot, where nary a breeze can touch it or it will all flop forward. How do you keep it in place in a rose bud vase?

I had another of the roses, but I liked the fact I could walk out my front door and cut one of mine. I actually read an older thread where ya'll talked about how to cut roses from the bush. Thank goodness, because of all the abuse and time it took, I don't think it would have made it much longer.

Here's a kicker. I think If I had more roses, this might have worked. But with only 3 roses, all cut to the wrong size, and store filler, didn't think about my back yard till later, it looked so disproportionate and downright silly. It is a shade to a light with reverse painting. I usually just put a candle under it. You should have seen me try to use this with only a glass of water under it. My DH was laughing at my frustration. He is no longer laughing. HAHA! I scraped it and started over.

Don' mind the mess. This is our basement Tiki bar. I have pretty much taken over it for gardening.

Please tell me if something could have been altered. Should I have used the other rose instead of the bud. Any feedback will not be construded as malious. This is my very first arrangement and I would love some pointers.

Thanks,
Traci

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2007
12:52 AM

Post #3983089

If you layered some greenery at the bottom, it would help fill up the space at the opening of the vase. Many times, cellophane wrapped roses comes with some fern that you can use. But any broad leaf greenery will do. I like to use nephthytis (arrowhead vine) because it's so easy to grow...like ivy. I took the flowers out to show you nephthytis and how I layered it to enclose the space. Will be back to comment on your arrangement.

Edit to add: filling up the opening of any vase helps to hold the flower where you want it instead of flopping forward.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2007 8:02 PM

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2007
12:56 AM

Post #3983111

Traci, I thought you went out of your way to find a rose bud in order to follow the "rules" I mentioned and didn't want you to think you had to stick to that "rule". I think it was lovely what you did. Seriously.

You're too hard on yourself! I love the lampshade idea. That is so creative...and the colors on it really complements the roses. Great job. The varying height of the roses are good. I would only recommend cutting a piece of the baby's breath from the left or right and tuck it at the base on the corresponding side and also some additional greenery like fern at the base would "ground" the arrangement better. That's about it. I think you did a wonderful job on this one as well. Don't stress...I think you're doing great.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2007
1:06 AM

Post #3983165

I would like to see a different take on your arrangement traci...where is that Terri?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 19, 2007
9:14 AM

Post #3992155

How's everyone doing? Cafe's been quiet...thought I'd come in and have a cup before I head out for work. This must be a 24 hr cafe...always open. I saw ornamental cabbage/kale in the floral dept at Whole Foods. I never thought to use it in an arrangement. I found some at a garden center and bought them for my container garden. It's what Terri calls Pot de Fleurs. It came out pretty nice. I will have to bring that into the cafe a little later. Have to go to work now. Hope everyone is okay. Please check in and let me know?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 19, 2007
9:16 PM

Post #3994231

Hi everyone, just a qick note to let you know my laptop has crashed, thats why I haven't been in.Traci I think your arrangement is lovely and I agree you are too hard on yourself! I am still doing arrangements and keeping them on my camera until my pc is working again. Carry on the great work with the forum

I see the number of posts has gone up, well done to all. see you back here whenever I can, bye for now
Terri
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2007
1:20 PM

Post #4001225

Terri, we miss you...come back soon. The cafe is not same since your laptop crashed. I've been the only customer for a few days now!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2007
3:59 PM

Post #4001802

Sorry Karma, I've been in SC on Business trip. Packing now to leave (I'M LAAATE). I will check in tonight.

Good to see you Terri, Bad to hear about your computer.

Traci
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2007
7:29 PM

Post #4002535

Traci, have a safe trip!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 21, 2007
10:11 PM

Post #4003002

Hi Karma and Traci, good to see you are still both calling in the cafe, sorry about the self service!
I plan to have a big flower festival party when I can get back to normal with my computer.

Karma, are you about to have holidays over there? Poochella said something about me churning
arrangements out for the holidays,our next holidays are christmas! The college I work at returns for the
autumn term next monday,
Have you made the lanterns yet? if so lets have a look!
I have made the 9 flower arrangement, it is in a wooden container with red roses, I used raffia to make the compartments and put the roses in low so you can see the raffia. I looked quite good, even if I say so myself!! One day, I might be able to show you.
Say hi to everyone for me and keep the arrangements coming, so when I do get access to a computer I have some of your arrangements to look at! I liked that Pampass grass one, wish I had some of that.
Have a good weekend, Terri
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2007
4:07 PM

Post #4004926

Besides Christmas, we have halloween in october and thanksgiving in november.

I had gone out to the craft store and bought some cute Disney vellum for his lantern, but I was an idiot and bought them in different prints the day before the procession. I had forgotten I needed two of the same print to make the lantern the size of my sample one. I realized it when I had gotten home and the nearest store was 30 minutes away! I ended using the same red construction paper from the sample and tied yellow ribbon for decoration. It looked okay. He won an inflatable guitar for his lantern! I forgot to take a pic before I handed in to the daycare. It looks a little beat up now, but I will post a pic later.

Terri, can't wait to see your 9 flower arrangement. You always put a creatvie spin on all your arrangements. Very clever! "One day" sounds so far away! Tell me your pc is going to be fixed soon! We really miss the great service here, so come back with your pictures. Talk to you later!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 22, 2007
8:04 PM

Post #4005800

Hi Karma, I'm just calling in to check for cockroaches! seems ok.
I am so fed up Karma, you wouldn't believe how much I miss you all and not being able to do my photos
is driving me mad. I wish I had some good news to tell you but there is none.

I will call in when I can, bye df Terri
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2007
8:47 PM

Post #4005920

Good afternoon, ladies. Glad to see you make a quick visit Terri. I would be out of my mind if I couldn't use the computer. Thank goodness DH has a backup. I can't even imagine having to use dial up after having DSL. However, I have to use mine for work everyday and I have so much, dial up would be the end of me.

I have a couple of bloomers and I am going to try to do something with them this weekend. All are yellow, so I guess it will be monocromatic. I love that any way and have the blue vases. Let's see what I can bring to the cafe.

Karma, that sounds like something I would do with the vellum. I am short termed memory at best. I have 1500 things going on in my head and usually for get 1 or 2 important things. Thanks for the refreshing water. My car accidently turned into a farmers market in SC and I must take care of the plants that jumped into my car. I can't wait for spring as I have started preparations for cut garden and have ordered so many bulbs of different flowers, I will need a backhoe to dig up the area where they are going. I think I am around 100 now. I really need a restraining jacket.

See you gals later,
Traci
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #4006895

Terri, thanks for the update. I will be waiting here patiently for the florals when you come in with them.

Traci, I thought it was my imagination when the plants jumped into MY car. I'm glad I'm not the only one then. I can't wait to see pictures of your cut garden next spring. I see the bulbs are out at the garden centers now. I've been avoiding direct eye contact so far in that area and it's helped, but sooner or later...

Okay, so here's the lantern. Not much of a surprise, but I still have another chance when the real festival comes around next week.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 23, 2007
5:18 AM

Post #4007256

Karma,
STAY AWAY FROM CO-OPS. It has been my downfall. It starts at one price, but as more and more join, the prices drop. Then you justify buying the bulbs because they are sooo cheap. It is like eating a piece of cake and drinking a diet coke, justified because they cancel each other out.

It is a strange occurance when you hear the back door of your car opening and turn around with your pepper spray, only to find a lovely plant in the backseat. I was hijacked by several lantanas, a butterfly bush, some type of red monkey grass, pansies, an angel trumpet and petunias. Scary but beautiful.

Very cute lamp. Do they put candles in them? If so, how do you keep it from going up in flames? You must have a lot of fun down there, as something festive is always going on.

Thanks for the hot chocolate. Off to bed.

Dreaming of Arrangements,
Traci

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2007
11:20 PM

Post #4009570

Traci, you told me to stay away from co-ops...and I immediately CHECKED OUT CO-OPS. It looked confusing so I gave up and came back here. I'll just get a few from HD or Lowes. Your hijackers sound beautiful, especially the red monkey grass. I would welcome them in my backseat any day.

The lamp was just for fun at my son's daycare...but if I wanted it to glow, I would put a glow stick or something like that in there. Besides the holidays that everyone else celebrates, we also get Mardi Gras, the Chinese New Year, and the Moon Festival. Yep, there's a whole lot of fun down here.

Traci I checked out your thread on the coleus forum. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. What a creative spin on a gardening diary! You need to write a book..."The Plant Doctor" or something. Too funny. Loved it! Have to go back and read it in its entirety.

Forgot to bring in my new planter with grass and kale. Terri, would you like it outside by the front entrance?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2007
7:24 AM

Post #4014565

Wow, this cafe is empty this late at night. I guess I'll just go over to one of the computer terminals and surf for a while. I brought in some table arrangements to liven things up a bit. Of course, please give me any imput on other ideas for these arrangements. Everything came from the yard except for the lilies.

See ya'll soon!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2007
12:59 PM

Post #4014952

Hi Traci!

Those are so adorable. I must say you're a natural! The yellow rose is gorgeous and I like the placement of the small impatiens(?) The flowers in your larger bottle are very complimentary in color. I would have liked the blanket (?) flower at the base rather than at the top...but please, that's just mo! Love the ivy backdrop too. Wow, Traci, you sure learn fast...but it also takes natural talent. Great job!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2007
10:12 PM

Post #4020512

I don't know why my post didn't come up. Thanks Karma. After you suggested that, I went and moved it. Definitely looked better that way. It is amazing how placement of one flower can change to look. They are now sitting on the TV table because Teensy loves to look at flowers. I couldn't ask for a better admirer of my arrangement. Mommy, those are bewteful.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2007
10:37 PM

Post #4020578

Traci, I wanna a look too! Purty purty please!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2007
10:56 PM

Post #4020688

The blanket had to be replaced because it was dead and the lilies are falling apart, but here ya go. I especially like the brownish color of the lilies. My camera died before I could try to make it look better.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2007
10:57 PM

Post #4020691

Look what I found growing in my back yard today. Yipee!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2007
12:15 AM

Post #4020957

I like the new position of your blanket flower. I hope you truly liked the difference and not just being polite.

Wow, cool...is that a spider lily)? You have some nice treasures in your back yard! Is the branch with the heart shaped leaves coming from a tree? Looks like leaves from a redbud. If it is...it will be gorgeous once winter is over. The flowering branches will especially look lovely in a tall vase of water.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2007
12:58 AM

Post #4021153

Hey girl,
No, I really like it much better there. My mother, who is an interior decorator with tremendous natural talent, had taught me about balance and focal points. I guess that is one reason I don't like the truly traditional arrangements as they are so symmetrical. You can have balance by being off balance and focal points aren't always the obvious, which is what I went for. It looks much better this way. I have to tell you I am a nice person, but I am also opinionated. If I see something different, I would say so. I would respect yours but still have mine. My best friend and I have different opinions on politics and we agree to disagree. I like being up front.

It is, it is a spider lily and correct on the rose bud. Our back yard has at least 20 of them. Several are about to be chopped. they have taken over the area. I am going to wait until spring is over to see what does well in our back yard and then thin out. There is also a willow and mimosa tree stuck in there. Natural ferns of many different kinds everywhere. It is a surprise a day.

Gotta run and give Teensy a bath. Will check by tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday!!
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2007
5:52 PM

Post #4051970

Hi Karma and Traci, so nice to see you are both keeping the flowerpot cafe alive,and bringing in colourful arrangements, thankyou both so much.
I agree with all that Traci. I much prefer the organised chaios look, to the perfect placement style of arrangement. I must agree with Karma you really are learning fast, it is amaising what you can do with a few bits of plant material and some lovely containers.
Lovely lantern Karma, did your son like it? Thanks for bringing stuff in , I like the planter it looks great by the door, very welcoming!
We have space for more planters and window boxes if anyone has the time to bring some in.
Karma, if YARDQUEEN,ever comes in don't forget she has a free drink!
miss you all, Terri
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:46 AM

Post #4057061

Terri, my son won 3rd place for his lantern. The moon festival was last night...he had a blast. He loved the dragon dance and it didn't even scare him...started crying when he thought it was over (the dragon laid down for a moment). I'm posting some pics from the event. Enjoy...Peyton sure did.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:48 AM

Post #4057065

Other lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:49 AM

Post #4057066

group of friends lighting their lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:50 AM

Post #4057069

the dragon dance

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:52 AM

Post #4057071

fashion show...little girls in traditional clothing.."ao dai"

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:54 AM

Post #4057072

More lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
11:58 AM

Post #4057077

Another

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2007
12:00 PM

Post #4057079

Last one

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
11:19 PM

Post #4098598

Hey Karma, that looks like a fabulous night, so much fun and colour,well done to you for all your hard work,and thanks
for sharing it with us in the cafe'. I'm keeping the lantern photo's for the flowerpot gallery.
I'm bringing in vases of flower's and arrangements for anyone who comes in the cafe'.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
11:22 PM

Post #4098609

red roses in water with foliage

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
11:29 PM

Post #4098641

carnations and grass

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
11:31 PM

Post #4098653

gladioli and delphinium

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2007

Post #4098851

So glad you're back Terri, love all the new arrangements, but my fave is the chartreuse one. I absolutely love that grass. Thanks for brightening up the cafe. . .the lanterns only do so much. Welcome Back!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2007
12:43 AM

Post #4098970

Thanks Karma, just bringing this one in for you!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2007
12:55 AM

Post #4099024

More parallels. Thanks so much. Will have to do something for you to welcome you back!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2007
2:36 AM

Post #4099432

Well, when you come back, you do so with a vengence. I can't decide between the carnations and grass or the delphinium and glads. But I love the roses too, especiall the top one. I guess that says I love them all. They really did brighten up the place and when did you put up the wonderful rock wall? It is fabulous!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2007
9:14 PM

Post #4101899

Thankyou for welcoming me back! Traci, you don't have to pick a fav! but I'm so glad that you enjoyed what I put
together. as you can see all of the above except the parallel line is just in water and easy to try when you don't have any foam.
just wanted to show you my new blue jug!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
12:25 AM

Post #4102518

Here's a little gathering using my roses again!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
12:30 AM

Post #4102532

glad you like the pebbled wall!

this one can come in here now.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2007
12:56 AM

Post #4102593

I really just did my first gasp and said a little, "How precious". I love the four little roses in the tiny pots. Teensy would die. She has started bringing me flower arrangements. Usually some grass and DH will pick a wildflower. She will spend thirty minutes trying to get it perfect. And it is. I have alway wondered why those pots were made and that is one good use. I have been trying to find a reason to buy some for her, but couldn't think of anything. Now everything can just about work. Thanks. She has aready picked out some of her flowers for her garden. It is darling.

I looked and looked at the first one, thinking maybe jug is something different in England. Then I saw the handle. Made sense then.

Thank goodness I don't have to pic fav as I have looked at them about 10 times and love all. The carnation reminds me of an arrangement I sent to mother for her 3 year breast cancer all clear. It was a small vase of the same style, pink, with pink tulips. I love that look.

I think you should bring your trophy into the cafe and set it on the counter for all to see when they come in. Maybe embellish it a little so it stands out.

Gotta run. Going to eat some sushi!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2007
3:31 AM

Post #4103138

Traci, SNAP! That's exactly what I said! That is the most ADORABLE set up ever! Teensy would be sooooooooo cute having her little tea party there.

I have dibs on the carnations arrangement, Traci, but you can still admire it if you want.

Terri, that is a very nice jug. It looks so mod. I would die (and be in heaven) if you put green viburnum and hydrangeas in there.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
2:26 PM

Post #4104017

Hi girlfriends!, Gosh, you don't want much do you, haha!
A trophy with Embellishments no less!
Green VIBURNUM and Hydrangeas! only the most expensive flower's around!! I hope you find them in heaven Karma!
I will keep it in mind if I see any .

I have added some vegetarian sushi that you like with the cucumber and cream cheese to the menu, enjoy ladies!
Here's some flowers for you to play with.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
2:30 PM

Post #4104032

and some more for you!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
2:34 PM

Post #4104041

Hope you can do something with some of these flower's I got from our cyber flower market next door to our flowerpot cafe'

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
2:39 PM

Post #4104066

these look like fun, blue roses!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
2:45 PM

Post #4104079

and I couldn't resist these yellow roses, hope you can make something with any of these.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007

Post #4106090

I don't know about heaven, but Lowe's garden center sold me a viburnum bush for $15, and I don't think they're the ones the florist sells. The flowers are not snowballish like you would expect. More like a lacecap hydrangea. I'm keeping it anyway. . .can't be too bad if it looks like a hydrangea. Your cafe is full of color now that you're back. Here's my yellow rose, Gold Glow.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2007
2:59 PM

Post #4106987

Hi Karma, that's a beautiful rose, does it have any scent?

Gald you think the cafe' is colourful, I warned you we would have a flower festival! We have come a long way since
we started to decorate our cafe', don't you think? Smells lovely in here too.
Hope you enjoyed the sushi! I was thinking about getting one of those ice tea makers for the cafe, what do you recon?

I bought viburnum once, for an easter arrangement, it cost 8.oo for I bunch, it was fabulous but far too expensive for some reason. The main problem with buying flowers is that we generally end up with the same old stuff, carnations,chrysanths and roses because they seem to be the most value for money!

Have you got much still flowering in your garden? mine is looking very much like autumn now. leaves everywhere, I might do some leaf frottage, for cards and pictures to go into our gift shop.

PerennialGirl
Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 4a)

October 21, 2007
4:59 PM

Post #4107263

You're all so amazing! Karma and Terri do you both work at a florist shop?
:) Donna
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007
7:03 PM

Post #4107585

Terri, it has a rose scent, but not as fragrant as some of my other roses. I've never made tea with a tea maker, so I have no idea. Lipton tea pouches for the lazy southerner like me. Or hot jasmine tea during the winter. . .just boil water and drop one or two tea leaves in a cup. No fancy devices.

You're right about the prices of flowers. Carnations and chrysanthemums last the longest and are the most inexpensive! Why don't we do autumn arrangements? I can start a new thread for fall gardens and arrangements!

PerennialGirl, thanks. I worked in a flower shop 5-6 years ago. It was the best job I ever had. Learned so much and met so many talented designers. What I'd really like to do now is grow my own flowers. It's so more rewarding when you can utilize flowers from your garden.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2007
7:27 PM

Post #4107674

As you know Karma I don't like tea! I think we could do without the gadet and just make it the old fashioned way, like you said.
Autumn arrangements, yes I like the sound of that, all those lovely rich colours and twigs &stuff good idea.

Donna! welcome ,thanks for coming in our cafe'. I'm afaid we only have the Poochella cocktail available today (it's very nice) next time your own 'perennialgirl' cocktail ok.

Oh I've never worked in a florist shop, I've done some floristry courses though.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007
11:13 PM

Post #4108343

Just wanted to share my gold glow rose again. . .today. It has so many petals.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2007
11:35 PM

Post #4108403

One of nature's beauties, a perfect rose, lovely.

Hope Traci likes the new sushi on the menu!

This is the only yellow rose I have, it finished flowering weeks ago!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #4108743

Smacking my lips as I devour the last bite of sushi. The edible violets were a nice touch and made them lovely. May I also order a Pouchella cocktail for a refresher. It is late in the evening and tea would keep me awake, altough I am glad to see it added. I love the blackberry warm tea in a bag myself.

Hello perennialgirl, I am a wanna be arranger and the these two ladies are helping me limp along. Don't let them fool you with their modesty. They are fabulous. Have you seen either the workshop thread or the easy arrangements. I think they did this just because I didn't know an arrangement from a bush and they wanted to spare my feelings (Karma knows now that I can take the heat). I have attempted a couple and will try to tackle...ugh...parallels this week. They are task masters so beware. Karma pretends to be mild mannered, but she has quite the little slave driver hidden inside. Terri will remind you several times it is your turn to attempt another arrangement. I was a nervous wreak doing so, but the encouragement afterwards makes me want to keep trying and their advice as ideas are wonderful. Constructive criticism is always a plus. Karma changed the look completely by suggesting I move one flower. I could not believe the difference.

I must add my yellow rose. It was here when we moved in. These are a little old as my camera is no more (belonged to the company). I have another and must find it soon.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #4108747

Oops, wrong rose. I will go find the yellow.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007
1:30 AM

Post #4108808

Your wish is my command!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007
2:06 AM

Post #4108931

Cheers Traci, hope you enjoy the Poochella cocktail which was created for Poochella because she is the Dahlia lady!
I am working on some new cocktails, it helps if I can find out what your fav flowers are., give us a clue!

This message was edited Oct 22, 2007 3:38 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007

Post #4109062

I'm just bringing in some stuff for Teensy and Peyton to have fun with in the play area,while the mum's have a chat.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2007

Post #4109063

You really don't want to know, since it...Hydrangea! But, I like Gerbers, roses, tulips..oh an mint tulip. That would be refreshing. I did enjoy the Poochella cocktail and what swift service!
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2007
5:36 AM

Post #4109448

Hello, have been tapping in, but this is the first time I have been able to read the history of the cafe. I love to put together arrangements. They were few and far between this year, but hope to find something that is still pretty. We had 4 months of August and then monsoon season-not good for the area of Madison WI.
I love both tea and coffee, have wonderful recipe for scones.
Hope to have something to show this week, my few bouquets went to the wonderful lady down the street.
Love to page through the Floral Design magazine...
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
7:47 PM

Post #4111385

Terri, here's the pumpkin arrangement that you requested.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
7:47 PM

Post #4111386

Close-up

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
7:48 PM

Post #4111388

Another closeup

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #4111409

Terri, I think you're a great designer. If that's what you can do with only a few floristry courses, I can't imagine what you would be like if you worked in a shop . .probably a floral diva.

I love all your new additions to the cafe. Cocktails, sushi, and kiddy accommodations. Love the sushi, but the cocktail is too pretty to drink. Actually that's just an excuse. . .I'm allergic to alcohol. Thanks for the kid area. It is sooooooooooooo adorable. Too bad Peyton is all boy and would just tear itl up. On the other hand, he may be so infatuated with Teensy, he may sit still for a change.

PG, don't let Traci fool YOU, she does not limp along, she hops and runs. Traci, thanks for being such a good sport. I am not a slave driver, although I have not seen your parallel arrangement yet. Marcia, hope you will enjoy the cafe as much as i do. Terri is always asking for artwork and arrangements in here. I can slack off if you bring in yours. Looking forward to seeing them.

It's rainy here in New Orleans, at 75 degrees. How is the weather in your part of the world?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4112131

Hi MarciaGeiger,
Welcome to our cafe', I love scones so please come back with your recipe soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your arrangements, we are always happy to have some fresh flowers in here. Check out our flower arranging magazines in the lounge, next time I come in I will bring the latest Autumn edition. What would you like drink?

Thanks for bringing the pumpkin arrangement in Karma, it looks FABULOUS there.
I thought it was the English that talk about the weather!
I don't drink the stuff either! so what would you like in your cocktail Karma?

PLEASE NOTE>>>> HYDRANGA IS OFF THE MENU TODAY!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
11:24 PM

Post #4112164

Terri, the next time you bring in your lovely magazines, be sure to leave it open with an arrangement or a good article. Can't flip the pages in this cybercafe. And since when did you have hydrangea on the menu? Why was I not alerted? And HOW IS THE WEATHER??????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007
11:41 PM

Post #4112250

Hang on while I find the weather forecast and read it out, ...'/./'./.,./.,./#''][]=-p08787687&^%$"%^"!SDCBNBNM>?@:>>>:@@{@@}{+)P:OI*UJkkHJL:{@@PO((*UO{)(*&&&YU(*^%GFHGYHljuioj;9p;;#[#;'.l;o[p[;

cold and rainy!

Well karma everyone has been asking for 'Hydrangea heaven' which is our latest cocktail and we completly sold out .
Sorry if you were not informed, it's just that you were so busy with your pumpkin arrangement, I didn't want to interupt you. I thought I would use my initiative and suprise you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:19 AM

Post #4112977

Just bringing in the autumn flower arranger mag into the lounge!

It's raining cats and dogs out there!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:26 AM

Post #4113023

The same but different. I like this idea, using the same flowers and making different arrangements with them.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:32 AM

Post #4113050

A construction with lilies,chestnuts,cornus,terracotta roses and orange beads

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:37 AM

Post #4113077

Autumn platter of gourds filled with hazelnuts, elderberries,rosehips and blackberries on a bed of leaves.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:43 AM

Post #4113110

Textured white container,using subtle colours with massed hydrangea (in various stages of development) apples and berries

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2007
3:41 AM

Post #4113283

Well, Terri, you could have knocked me over with a wet noodle after you posted about not being a florist. Talk about natural talent!!

Weather report RAIN!! We have moved down to level two drought. Same restrictions on water but no surcharges if we go over our alloted amount. Not much difference. Hopefully the weather men are right and it will rain tomorrow also. So many states are suffering from this drought. Alabama has been hit the worst and we are in a legal battle with Georgia as they have dammed one of our main tributaries, which is completely illegal. But as long as it is in trial, they can keep it dammed. I think that is what the are trying to do. I never in my life would have thought a plant could sigh with relief, but all mine did.

Karma, you gave me till the end of the week. Please don't hit me again. I posted about them on one of the other threads. NO, NO not the willow tree branch!! lol. I didn't even think about a party arrangement. Her's is in two weeks. I love the idea and know where I can get the pots. I think the pumpkin arrangement is too cute.

I have got to see about getting a subscription to a beginner's magazine. I love reading in here, but I never have the time to finish. The candle is beautiful.

Oh, I do take my drinks with a dash of Gin. If I need to, I can bring my own bottle.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
2:32 PM

Post #4114297

Alligations about abuse will be dealt with by the AAFA (abuse against flower arrangers)!

Weather report, bright and sunny!
Traci, we had a hosepipe ban here last year, it was a hard job watering the garden with the watering can!

Karma, put a gin in that cocktail you are making for Traci with the gerbera please! (that's if you're still speaking to her!)

Gotta go, Flowers to buy, greenery to cut, arrangements to make, busy busy bye!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2007
7:56 PM

Post #4115413

Terri, thanks for the opened magazines. Those arrangements are so contemporary. Now I won't have to buy a subscription. Your autumn platter is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the rose hips are amazing. Is that a japanese maple leaf? If so, I wanna see a pic of the tree. It's beautiful.

Traci, I got rid of the whip, so take your time, but remind me of what you're talking about? Willow tree and party? I'm sorry, drawing a blank here.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2007
8:43 PM

Post #4115571

Karma, It's not my arrangement, the platter was the centre page! I agree it is lovely.

I'm just popping in with some artwork.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2007
9:12 PM

Post #4115684

Terri, I loooove the artwork. I have peacock feathers all over the house. I need one to hang in the den. I thought it was yours also. It looks so 3 dimensional

Karma, the party arrangement was about the precious little roses in tiny pots. You said they would be great for a tea party for Teensy. Her birthday is coming up and I could do those for decorations.

The willow brach is the one you use as a lash when I don't get my arrangements completed. Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. ;^P
When you make the Gerber Gin, may I have a double?

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2007

Post #4116293

Terri, you take good pictures. I didn't even see the fold between the pages.

Sorry Traci, I'm rather dense at times. Great idea for a lovely garden themed party. . .love my Peyton, but would be so nice to have a girl to share girly things with. Willow branches are way too wicked. A bamboo stick is more like it. Sorry it's dry Tuesday. . .you may get your double gerber gin tomorrow.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2007
1:22 AM

Post #4116592

Oh, I have that magazine. I will check the floral design magazine for goodies. They featured little lights that could go into the water of floral arrangement..Diamond.something (will check)
A local floral place carries them..$20.00 and you have to find a place to hide the battery pack..they certainly looked pretty though.
Umm, Chai tea would be nice, a expresso frappe'...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 24, 2007
2:46 AM

Post #4116933

Hi Marcia, nice to see you again, I like the sound of those flower arranging lights. What other magazines do you have?
I'm not very good at making tea so I hope it 's ok. Karma makes the best cuppa around here!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 24, 2007

Post #4117075

Traci, I found this...well you wanted gerbera's! I was thinking that you could hang lollypops instead of roses for the party! I put a couple of gins in it 'cos you've been working so hard in your garden,and you need a rest!

gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2007
12:28 PM

Post #4117726

terriculture...so glad you all have kept this forum going...I wanted it so badly and then hurt my back...will have cutting raised beds by spring...

Dave has always suggested that when a thread gets more than 100 or 150 replies that you start a part 2 of the same thread or start a new one of some kind...for people with dial up it is virtually impossible to tune into a thread this long...would someone mind starting part 2 of the same thing???? Thanks so much...long threads tend to exclude people even though we don't intend to...
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2007
8:30 PM

Post #4119487

Thanks for the mag post Terri. I could read the instructions and everything. I think I will attempt it. What a cute idea with the lolipops, especially if they were flower shaped.

Marcia, good choice on the chai tea. It is cold here today and a warm spiced chai sounds great.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 24, 2007
10:12 PM

Post #4119828

Hello Gessiegail !
I had no idea about the thread replies or the dial up connection. It's really nice of you to come in and let us know!
Thankyou so much, I wouldn't want to exclude anyone!

Karma, we have work to do, we are being evicted ! Let's pack up quickly!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #4120269

Terri, just a quick note. Please find a great location and I will be there, just not tonight. Will help you redecorate another day. Talk to you later. Oh, and don't forget to leave us the address to your cafe. . .new and improved!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2007
4:35 AM

Post #4121107

Ok Karma, I'II have a look around for somewhere suitable!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2007
4:39 AM

Post #4121112

petites

gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2007
12:25 PM

Post #4121550

You all are having so much fun and the rest of us get to watch with enthusiasm...
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2007
4:15 PM

Post #4122320

gessiegail, you don't have to watch. Join the fun. I have done a whopping two arrangements and that was much later than when I started chatting. I love the food and drinks they serve here and the company is great to talk to.

Terri, don't want to step on toes, but do you need me to make a Flowerpot Cafe' #2 thread? I just learned how to do it.

The petites are precious. Those, I don't think this amatur could handle, but any other design ideas would be great. I have two now. The little rose pots and the lolipop tree. I love they are called petites since DD nickname is Teensy. Too cute!

Bitter cold in the 50's today. Straight up coffee please with two lumps of sugar and some cream. I am going to read a few more of these magazines for a while.

Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2007
7:04 PM

Post #4122823

Hi, busy busy, trying to organise the leaving party for our cafe' any contributions would be welcome!
Traci, thanks for the help with the new location, have the builders finished already? gosh that was quick!!

Here's a couple of coffee's for you and Gessiegail!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2007
7:56 PM

Post #4122942

Traci, Terri is rather taking a looooooooooong time to move! As soon as we do, I'll have the tea ready for Marcia when she comes in. Hope she cares for some jasmine tea. Still working on your gin, Traci. Hi gessiegail, did you order anything yet? Terri will come along and take care of you soon!

I love the petites. Wow wow wow. I just bought a bouquet book. Will share some pics at the new location.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2007
11:45 PM

Post #4123694

HI, jasmine tea is fine. Check out the lovely moon! I am going to try to scan some pages of the Florist Review. Our local Michaels Craft store carries it and I use the coupon to make it more affordable.

Ok...tried to scan..machine doesn't like me..wouldn't do what I wanted it to this time...then wouldn't close out the program. Argh..after an hour I fixed it..shut the thing off...
Photos and scans are hit and miss, as I didn't learn how to do it before learning new things became iffy..good thing I already knew some computer things :)
The site for the Fantasy Lights is www.decemberdiamonds.com
For Florist Review it is www.floristreview.com..haven't had a chance to check sites yet. Hope they help, back to chores.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2007 11:43 PM
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2007
11:54 PM

Post #4123731

OK all, the contractor's are finished as we just completed the punch list. A couple of additions have been made to further showcase all the wonderful arrangements. There are little alcoves above each table to showcase your arrangements and a nice water fountain has been installed when you enter the door. Please follow me and watch your step. It has been raining all day and is very slippery outside.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/784020/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
4:11 PM

Post #4125838

Karma! I've been looking for you all day, what are you still doing here dear?
I know it's sad to leave our lovely cafe and we shared many a happy cuppa in here, but we must go now.!
The new one will be even better!
C'mon
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2007
4:25 PM

Post #4125886

NO NO WE WON"T GO!!!! ooooooooooooooooochained myself to the front doorooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooNO NO WE WON"T GO!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
10:23 PM

Post #4126888

Hey Traci, her protest didn't last long did it? haha!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
12:07 AM

Post #4127215

Me thinks she is louder in bark than ferocious in bite.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2007
3:16 AM

Post #4127785

Are y'all still here? Can't let go either? Don't provoke me, Traci. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
3:28 AM

Post #4127811

I saw a light on earlier, I think there might be sqatters!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
5:00 AM

Post #4127961

LOOK, KARMA, LOOK the light's on again! I think it's BDale! hahahahahaha!
You had better tell him we've moved!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
5:02 AM

Post #4127976

BDale? Is this a ghost?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
5:14 AM

Post #4128000

Hey Traci,
BDale used to be a regular here! He used to take the mickey out of me, saying I was dressed like Mary Poppin's and my children were chimney sweeps! He made me laugh and he was so good with his evaluations, we really miss him.
If ever you see him around let him know we were asking about him.
some say he hangs out in special places on this site.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
5:17 AM

Post #4128007

Sure thing. I do remember seeing him on old posts here. Didn't his wife do arrangements? "Take the mickey out of me"???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
5:23 AM

Post #4128016

Pull my leg, skit me, take the mickey, don't you know those sayings?

Have a laugh, havin' a bubble, in other words having a joke at my expense!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
6:06 AM

Post #4128047

Pull my leg and have a laugh I know. I will be incorporating the new ones however. Should make some heads turn around here.

I am working on the final drawings for our new cafe in the artisan's area. I am going to add these links to them if that is good for you. Let me know. Give a chuckle, yank my chain, joshing, how about these. I will add the first and come back to check on the second. Were you able to remove Karma from the building. Don't want visitors to think we are strange around here or anything.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
6:23 AM

Post #4128068

Sounds all good to me!
The sister cafe over there is going to be fabulous! I have some famous Artisan's on my books already and someone has promised to bring their mum to our cyber cafe' for afternoon tea! I'm looking forward to that!

I think Karma is busy, but I hope she gets back to our cafe before I leave you to it.

Oh traci, I was thinking, the Artisan's cafe won't be open until Tuesday, when I get back. That's if you find anywhere by then!.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
6:34 AM

Post #4128083

Will do. I have already posted an under construction and will have the grand opening on Tues.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
6:41 AM

Post #4128093

Terri, do you have D-mail? Would love to send you something.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
7:07 AM

Post #4128122

Is it chocolate?
PerennialGirl
Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2007
3:03 AM

Post #4130879

Terri, luv the florist arrangment pages you posted. Where do you find them?

I luv chai tea...yummmmmm.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:45 AM

Post #4145138

Hi there perennialGirl! The flower arranger magazine! I have posted some more pages in the new thread.
Please pop in over there, after all Traci has gone to a lot of trouble to find a new location for us.
I guess we come back here for old times sake eh?!! remember the day when... haha!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 12, 2007
10:54 PM

Post #4186507

I thought I'd find you here Karma and Traci! sushi night is it?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 12, 2007
11:12 PM

Post #4186563

Quick Karma, you push her down and I'll run. We've been had!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2007
7:31 AM

Post #4194880

Crap, I just did my first arrangement and can't find my camera!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2007
1:34 PM

Post #4195398

Traci, this cafe has been closed for weeks. I doubt if you can find your camera here! But I hope you find it soon. . .I wanna see it!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2007
11:10 PM

Post #4197351

Dear lord, it was a long night last night. No surprise I posted here.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 15, 2007
11:26 PM

Post #4197394

I'm exhausted too!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2007
11:37 PM

Post #4197433

My figers hurt right now, I was typing so hard!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 15, 2007
11:45 PM

Post #4197468

Love your new table arrangements, why don't you bring them into the 'pot'
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2007
12:02 AM

Post #4197540

I am, just was getting the other going!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America