Searching For Info On Iris

Lake Placid, NY(Zone 4a)

Looking for info on a Historic Iris I just ordered named "Ecladore", not on the list. Hybridizer is Cayeux, 1932. Yellow

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

ADKSpirit, I looked and looked this afternoon, but I didn't have any luck finding any information. Hopefully someone has grown this iris that will be able to tell you more.

If you could post on the iris forum, perhaps someone there would be able to help you out. However, you have to be a subscriber to post there.

Lake Placid, NY(Zone 4a)

I probably should ask Willow Bend, as that's where I got it. Thanks anyway. Linda

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How do I enter a new iris in the database? I would like to enter With Envy and an Arilbred, Tauris. Both exist in the AIS database, but without a photos. I would like to add them to Plant Files so we can add pictures. But I keep getting funny comments like the family, .Iridaceae, doesn't exist in your database. Yet I copied that family from the Plant Files database on another Iris. I also don't know what to put for Iris species. Plant Files doesn't show species and I have not been able to find the species name of iris on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Family: Iridaceae
Genus: Iris
Species: leave blank
Cultivar: Put the cultivar name in this field without any quote marks

I'm not sure why you are having trouble, unless you are putting the period in front of Iridaceae like you did in your post above? I know Iridaceae will work, because I've added many iris to the database.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks for spotting the period. I removed it and the plant went in as it should. It helped to know species should be left blank as well. I kept trying to find the species and could not pin it down definitively.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images