-
AuthorContent
ADKSpirit
Lake Placid, NY
(Zone 4a)

July 27, 2007
1:42 PM

Post #3785214

Looking for info on a Historic Iris I just ordered named "Ecladore", not on the list. Hybridizer is Cayeux, 1932. Yellow
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

July 28, 2007
2:51 AM

Post #3787853

ADKSpirit, I looked and looked this afternoon, but I didn't have any luck finding any information. Hopefully someone has grown this iris that will be able to tell you more.

If you could post on the iris forum, perhaps someone there would be able to help you out. However, you have to be a subscriber to post there.
ADKSpirit
Lake Placid, NY
(Zone 4a)

July 28, 2007
9:46 AM

Post #3788386

I probably should ask Willow Bend, as that's where I got it. Thanks anyway. Linda
pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2007
4:27 PM

Post #3824308

How do I enter a new iris in the database? I would like to enter With Envy and an Arilbred, Tauris. Both exist in the AIS database, but without a photos. I would like to add them to Plant Files so we can add pictures. But I keep getting funny comments like the family, .Iridaceae, doesn't exist in your database. Yet I copied that family from the Plant Files database on another Iris. I also don't know what to put for Iris species. Plant Files doesn't show species and I have not been able to find the species name of iris on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

August 6, 2007
7:16 PM

Post #3824969

Family: Iridaceae
Genus: Iris
Species: leave blank
Cultivar: Put the cultivar name in this field without any quote marks

I'm not sure why you are having trouble, unless you are putting the period in front of Iridaceae like you did in your post above? I know Iridaceae will work, because I've added many iris to the database.
pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2007
8:20 PM

Post #3825256

Thanks for spotting the period. I removed it and the plant went in as it should. It helped to know species should be left blank as well. I kept trying to find the species and could not pin it down definitively.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America