A few flowers and leaves

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Forever Pink Hydrangea and Hosta leaves. Taking this to the office for a bit of color. An old heavy ashtray and a pin "frog" are the mechanics.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

That's beautiful!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I love hydrangeas ladygardener! I bought a forever hydrangea at half off and have not seen a bloom yet. At least I can enjoy yours. They're beautiful and I love the way you stagger the foliage. The spiraling effect is really neat. I also like the two shades of green from the foliage....they give the arrangement some depth. Love it, love it, love it!!!

london England, United Kingdom

Lovely textures, Thanks for showing us.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone, I like doing simple things. I hope it will give other some ideas.

Karma, I wrapped this hydrangea in leaves and burlap last winter and it is full of blooms this year. We get really cold winters so I gave this a try, guess I'll be wrapping it again this fall!

What is burlap?

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Lovely hydrangeas! I have blue and double whites, and can see I should make room for pink.

TerriCulture: burlap is a coarse fiber loosely woven into either fabric, or commonly sewn into large bags for animal feed, potatos and other bulbs, etc etc. It is pretty durable and a great lightweight thing to toss over a plant at risk of freezing in a cold spell.

Thankyou Poochella, I would like to see someone do an arrangement using it please!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, no arrangement for you, but here's a pic of one I found online,
http://images.scrippsweb.com/HGTV/2006/07/21/reb727_seg1_doorbouquet_e.jpg

Maybe my hydrangeas will bloom for me next year ladygardener. I will take your advice with the burlap. Although our winters are much milder than yours.

Thanks for showing that Karma, I know what we are talking about now! I call that hessian, but don't know if thats the correct spelling.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.