Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: Fried Yellow Brugs

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
irish
Saint Petersburg, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 10, 2001
3:08 PM

Post #108535

its a lot cooler down here in florida hasn't been much over 90 here

This message was edited Friday, Aug 10th 3:30 PM
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 10, 2001
3:50 PM

Post #108557

No to bad here either in South Mississippi...89 yesterday.
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

August 10, 2001
4:53 PM

Post #108589

90s in New England - and Stiiiiiiicccccckkkky!! BLEK! I've been inside playing on the PC for 3 days. Ya won't catch me out in the heat. I've only ventured out to water. The heat is supposed to be gone tomorrow - thank goodness.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 10, 2001
8:54 PM

Post #108715

Yesterday ,Syracuse N.Y. offically went to 100 degrees,it was the first time in 60+ years.Its been hot, humid, no rain and basically miserable.The plants are suffering.The brugs in pots looked to droopy I picked them up and threw them in the pond.A cold front is suppose to come through today but it has yet to be seen .I'm fixin to come down south where its cooler,anyone got a spare room??? Just kiddin,you guys are use to this,its hard for us most of us don't have airconditioners in our homes because we wouldn't use them very often.Boy am I sorry now!!!I keep going out in my truck and running the air!!Tomorrow the high is only suppose to be 79.Such a cool down!!
JanetR
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 4a)

August 10, 2001
10:48 PM

Post #108760

crestedchik, much the same north of the border. Heat emergency declared in Toronto for three days, severe thunderstorm and tornado warning here in Ottawa yesterday (fortunately didn't materialize, although one small town got walloped). Today we have also "cooled off" to the high 70's or low 80's. I'm too lazy to figure out the conversions from metric.

I chose a rotten time to dig up daturas, but was too excited to be rational. The larger buds have been blooming in a rush, fading in the morning, and the stressed out plants have dropped the medium-sized ones. Chalk one up to experience. If I'm lucky the smaller ones will bloom before freeze. If not, there's a good seed pod on one, so I can try again next year.
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2001
1:11 AM

Post #108798

Janet: I'll have lots of seeds for a bunch of different datura in the fall and you're welcome to lots. Don't panic about the ones you transplanted. You'll have seeds for double purple, innoxia, la fleur lilac and a few more.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America