Knitting on a knitting board

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has any instructions or experience with these knitting boards. I have been trying to figure it out and it is not working.

Appreciate any help.

Joanne

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Maybe I can help. Is it a loom like thing, or a knitting machine? I use both. Do you have a picture?

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

Hi there,

It is a loom I think it is called. I am attaching a photo of it.
It is similar to this one attached.

Thanks a lot.

Joanne

Thumbnail by orkidlady
Wimauma, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Joanne,

I don't use one of these but some of the ladies in my knitting group do. There are lots of instructions online if you google "knitting board instructions"

Here's one: http://decoraccentsinc.com/kb_basic_inst.html

Hope this helps,
Diane

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

Hi Diane,

Thank you very much.....heading over there now.

Joanne

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, that is one I have. It is easy, but the directions are hard to follow for a first timer.
Good luck. You are going to have fun and make some nice stuff.

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I do loom knitting on round looms.

First, I tried to teach myself and had to give it up. Couldn't get it from just the instructions.

Then I took a one-day class and - I GOT it. Since then I've made dozens and dozens of things on those looms - they come in a set - four different sizes and colors, like your board ones.

I would suggest you find someone to show you how in person. It's worth it, and so much fun. I love it, in cooler weather, and have a big stash of yarn from Hobby Lobby sales. So I'm set to knit all winter long ....

Where do you live? Where is AB?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I believe you can see video instructions at the maker website; I think the maker is provocraft. I use the round looms with a group of ladies at my church, we make hats for needy kids. They are so quick and easy, we can knit and chat! It is easiest to learn if you can find a quick class at JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby or other craft store. Have fun!

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

Hi there,

Thanks for the info.

AB is Alberta and it is a Province in Canada.

Happy looming!

Joanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images