Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Roses: Louisa! The Bonica is getting ready to bloom!

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 6, Views: 161
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 10, 2001
6:49 PM

Post #10514

Hi Louisa! Just had to share! The Bonica I bought about a month ago and was in poor shape..have been pleased with it's recovery- well, this morning discovered a bud coming out on it!!! Yea!!
Just though I'd share!! It could possibly be okay to cut and root this fall... or should I wait till spring, still???
-JSS
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2001
10:08 PM

Post #108747

jeanne that's great!!! No, don't touch the rose, wait until it has really sent down those roots and become established. Good things are always worth waiting for :-) Don't feed it anymore this year because new growth will only be damaged by the cold temps. Well done!!
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 12, 2001
12:16 AM

Post #109131

No problem, Louise! I'm justy really exctied about it!! All 6 if the roses I got a couple of weeks ago at half price -and they were looking it- are still okay, have shed their blakc spotted leaves, etc., and are ggrowing lots of new shoots. Several of them are blooming! And the Bonica not only has one kittke bud... but three!!!!
-JSS
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2001
12:27 AM

Post #109135

LOL Jeanne - how exciting!! Know how you feel :-)
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 13, 2001
5:39 PM

Post #109822

It's is pretty cool to see your efforts paid off! Now I can see why gardening is sooooo addicting!- Especially for those beautiful roses!!! Such a thing of beauty! And on these "specials" I feel Like I "saved" them from a trip to the dumpster!! LOL!! I'm sure that was probably where their
spot would have been!JSS
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2001
10:19 PM

Post #109931

You are right jeanne!! So many plants are thrown away when a lot of them could be rescued. You did a great job :-)
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 14, 2001
5:22 AM

Post #110113

Thanks! I think all who are on DG would do the same in a minute!!
-JSS

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America