Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Louisa! The Bonica is getting ready to bloom!

Cordova, MD

Hi Louisa! Just had to share! The Bonica I bought about a month ago and was in poor shape..have been pleased with it's recovery- well, this morning discovered a bud coming out on it!!! Yea!!
Just though I'd share!! It could possibly be okay to cut and root this fall.... or should I wait till spring, still???
-JSS

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

jeanne that's great!!! No, don't touch the rose, wait until it has really sent down those roots and become established. Good things are always worth waiting for :-) Don't feed it anymore this year because new growth will only be damaged by the cold temps. Well done!!

Cordova, MD

No problem, Louise! I'm justy really exctied about it!! All 6 if the roses I got a couple of weeks ago at half price -and they were looking it- are still okay, have shed their blakc spotted leaves, etc., and are ggrowing lots of new shoots. Several of them are blooming! And the Bonica not only has one kittke bud.... but three!!!!
-JSS

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL Jeanne - how exciting!! Know how you feel :-)

Cordova, MD

It's is pretty cool to see your efforts paid off! Now I can see why gardening is sooooo addicting!- Especially for those beautiful roses!!! Such a thing of beauty! And on these "specials" I feel Like I "saved" them from a trip to the dumpster!! LOL!! I'm sure that was probably where their
spot would have been!JSS

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You are right jeanne!! So many plants are thrown away when a lot of them could be rescued. You did a great job :-)

Cordova, MD

Thanks! I think all who are on DG would do the same in a minute!!
-JSS

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.