New Home in Kentucky, House Warming

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Now that Lisa & family are in new home it's time for a house warming.

Doing a Happy Dance!
Bernie

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, and I can almost see the new gardens growing...

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Thanks for starting this thread, Bernie!

Lana

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hoping everything went without a hitch and Lisa is soaking in her tub right now :)

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

I second that!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

not tonight...the old stand by, rubbermaid served as a bathtub..maybe tomorrow :0)

we worked hard to finish tonight, but it just didn't happen.

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Darn! But there's always tomorrow...

Chester County, PA(Zone 6b)

I think it might be somehow more appropo that "moving in day" and Lisa's first bath might be on a Sunday, anyway. Don't ya' think?

Regardless.....couldn't be happier things are moving along without major setbacks/surprises in re: running lines and hooking everything up.

Jan

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lisa Great Progress on the new place!
At least we don't have to tell you all about being Careful working in this Heat! LOL!

A looong Hot Soak and a long cool AC sleep tonight ..... are my wishes for your crew!

Ric

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I always thought Saturday was bath night?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Houston, we have lift off.....

AND MODERN CONVENIENCES!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOO!!!

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Lisa, I am so happy for you and your family. Can't wait to see pictures.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you! Enjoy!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, man...What will these guys DO with hot and cold running INDOOR plumbing and AC? I'm so happy for you guys!!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Now you won't have to wait until Saturday for bath night! (LOL, Frans!) Congrats!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It's more like a House Cooling...Not a house warming! :D

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Fill the tub and SOAK - that's an order :)

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I happen to know that the trailer comes with a 30 gallon hot water heater. Needless to say...a soak is in order.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bath-Song

Sing hey! For the bath at close of day
that washes the weary mud away
A loon is he that will not sing
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,
and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;
but better then rain or rippling streams
is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed
but better is beer if drink we lack,
and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high
in a fountain white beneath the sky;
but never did fountain sound so sweet
as splashing Hot Water with my feet!

JRR Tolkien

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Ahh yes...Tolkien...and the 70's....

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Awwwww, and here I was thinking how gifted a poet you were, Ric, til I saw the author at the end....

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

YIPPEE!!

Thumbnail by darius
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

I can't believe I just now found this!!!!

Lisa, I am SOOOOOO excited for you, Jesse, and Sally!!!! Dave and I have been beaming about it all evening!!

much love,
us

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Woohoooo!!! Success at last!! Wow..waking up in your own bedroom.. toddling to a bathroom.. down the hall to the kitchen... rooms!! cooking with out flies.. or with just a couple.. lol.. Yay rah!!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like a RU at Lisa's. lol I'm kidding but it so great things are working out for you. I hope ya'll enjoy your baths. What's the first thing your cooking up in your kitchen? Hugs

Davenport, IA(Zone 5a)

from a Lurker here:

Praise God, from whom all Blessings flow.

Lisa and family,
Have a wonderful new chapter in your lives!!

Sasha

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Electricity, AC, hot water, and baths all in one neat package! I thought things looked extra bright down to my southeast this afternoon, and for sure it was Lisa smiling! Whaddya wanna bet she stayed in that tub till she looked like a prune?

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Makes me thankful for all those things that I take for granted!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

No doubt about that, Mary :~)

Lana

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

I was having a hard time finding a reason to smile today, wish I would have read this earlier.

Couldn't be happier. Rubber ducks and bubbles for all three of you....

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Lisa, you and your family have gone through some major changes in your life in the last couple of years and have made the best of sometimes horrible circumstances. The fact that you have so many good friends and well-wishers, says a lot about the kind of people you and your family are. Glad to hear things are going so well with your new home! In spite of being hot and tired, I'm sure you are beaming ear to ear.

Best wishes in your new home!

Robin

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

good morning all...
and a good morning it is!
Thank you all for the well wishes. It was pretty nice to wake up and see so much encouragement. You have ALL been so encouraging to me when I felt like I couldn't go on..I'll never forget how low (and miserably cold)I was when my dog, cat and goat died, all within 2 week time frame and you guys picked me up. There were so many times when I was just plain weary and this forum was my sounding board. Thank you all.

wow, I woke up this morning and thought I was dreaming..I have such a beautiful new home.

We still have the computer in the camper, so I have to come here to visit ya'll. All of our appliances are still in the shed also. We just have the bed mattresses inside the house. We worked pretty late last night on painting the walls, so I didn't get to post again till this morning.

My bathtub is wonderful!!! The water came out very muddy at first, due to the pipes being flushed out, I didn't care though..people pay top dollar for mineral baths...I had my own spa thing going on.

I laid awake last night for a while. I was able to see the night stars in the sky through a REAL window, I felt so blessed.

I flushed the toilet, just cause I could!!

My home is just beautiful. Now, I can feel what it is like living in Kentucky, instead of trying to get things done on a day to day basis. Although, we will be busy still for a little while, it'll be a different kind of busy.

I thank God for all my blessings, even when I couldn't see them. He has been my rock.

things are good on toppa the hill,
Lisa

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Good morning, sunshine! :)

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

Lisa,
I am so glad for you. Enjoy your new home, you and your family deserve it!

Candy

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Lisa, I wish I were there to help you find and move things from the shed into the house. I hope you labeled the boxes..... I know what it's like after having things packed for so many months. You think, "I'll remember" when you pack it, and when you look for things every box is just like opening Christmas presents, you just have no idea. You'll also find a lot of "why did I keep this?" things. Oh the fun!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Yay!!.. Has your daughter picked out which room will be her's yet? I remember when we moved my daughter decided right away which bedroom she wanted. Then when push came to shove she was scared/lonely to be so far away from us and ended up in our room.. lol..
It will be awesome to get all your stuff in place and to be able to stretch out! Very happy for you and yours!!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

"I flushed the toilet, just cause I could!" LOL, that says it all!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL! Love it Lisa!

BTW The computer is not in your camper...it's in the Guest House...

Ric

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

snort.. Kewl.. a guest house! Things ARE good on toppa the hill!

Crossville, TN

Lisa....This is just the bestest thing!! Hugs to all....Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images