Photo by Melody

Article: Its a Small World After All: Well said!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Its a Small World After All
bookmark
Forum: Article: Its a Small World After AllReplies: 9, Views: 92
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

August 14, 2007
12:02 PM

Post #3855276

Wonderful message.
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

August 14, 2007
12:17 PM

Post #3855302

This reminds me of a great song, "From a Distance" by Bette Midler. Well written.
crashbandiscoot
Springfield, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 14, 2007
12:42 PM

Post #3855392

My sentiments exactly! I am very proud to be a member of Daves Garden! So much information and wonderful people here. Nice article, thank you.
bolino
Swanton, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 14, 2007
1:45 PM

Post #3855584

I have no idea how I got here, but here I am and here I stay. I even pay money to read here, and wouldn't do that at any of the other forums I frequent!

I love Dave's Garden!!!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 14, 2007
5:59 PM

Post #3856377

Well said, indeed! I said in one of my forum posts, that DG renews my faith in humans. You just never know how and where you will touch another's life in some great or small way. It's a beautiful thing.
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #3856421

Excellent article Shari. Thank you for putting into word just how I feel about Dave's. It IS the most friendly, well built site on the internet today.

I'm so happy to have met you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me and the rest of Dave's that there is a whole 'nother garden out there under the sea! I can't believe you didn't include Ariel in your analogy. Oh Boy! Now I'll have Sebastien singing in my head the rest of the day... "Under de sea..." HAHAHA

Many hugs to one of my favorite folks on Dave's!

Janet

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2007
6:56 PM

Post #3856604

Oddly, I discovered DG when doing a Google search for "correct hem length for jeans". That brought me to the sewing forum on DG and I proceeded to explore, enjoy and to join up as a member. I truly enjoy ever bit of DG, from gardening to home repairs and everything in between. And yes, I did get an answer to my hemming question!

June
andycdn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2007
7:15 PM

Post #3856692

Shari, I've felt this so many times without articulating it even to myself. Thanks for putting into words what many of us experience through DG and our community.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

August 14, 2007
8:00 PM

Post #3856877

How could I have left out Ariel??!! She is GD's bestest friend! I'm gonna hear about it now...and I also love "From a Distance". Thank you all for the kind words, I'm glad my little article touched some hearts, since DG has touched mine many, many times.

paulgrow

paulgrow
Allen Park, MI
(Zone 6a)

August 14, 2007
8:11 PM

Post #3856907

Great article.

Paul

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Its a Small World After All Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
It really is a grand garden here ! Dea 5 Aug 14, 2007 8:10 PM
Small world, for sure! JaxFlaGardener 14 Aug 23, 2007 11:13 PM
...and it just got a little smaller... deltaqueen 6 Aug 19, 2007 6:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America