Photo by Melody

Article: Its a Small World After All: ...and it just got a little smaller...

Communities > Forums > Article: Its a Small World After All
bookmark
Forum: Article: Its a Small World After AllReplies: 6, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
deltaqueen
Holly Springs, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2007
9:13 PM

Post #3857100

I just took a 30 minute armchair trip to Kwajalein . It is indeed tiny; a microcosim of garden would be grand (above and below the water). At least there is a drum and pipe band there to keep things intersting ;) Your article was lovely. thanks for sharing.
~Virginia
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

August 14, 2007
9:59 PM

Post #3857193

Virginia - I'm curious what site did you look at? Not many mention the drum and pipe corps. Glad my article prompted you to take a little virtual trip. Hope you enjoyed it. :-)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 15, 2007
10:51 PM

Post #3861141

I took a similar trip after Shari's article about orchids - I spent a lot of time reading posts of folks who were trying to locate other folks who were both on this tiny island at the same time 20 years ago, one person trying to locate her birth parents, a little like those missing persons or "have you seen?" sites that went up after Katrina. Very touching. I didn't explain very well but it's all good. How is one a member and not a paid subscriber?

xxxxx, Carrie
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

August 15, 2007
11:03 PM

Post #3861201

Carrie - didn't understand your question. Here on DG? Or on the "have you seen" site? I am always amazed at the number of sites about Kwaj...more sites than there are people out here! But it is sometimes a transient community, so I guess that explains it, and once you have been here it gets under your skin and you want to share that, but no one understands unless they have been here too, hence all the sites. Funny how that works.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 16, 2007
3:05 PM

Post #3863400

Oh, Shari, on DG, totally separate topic, I'm not clear about members vs. paid subscribers. Sorry, shouldn't have let my brain pas gas while posting...

xx, C
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

August 17, 2007
8:13 PM

Post #3868392

Members don't have access to a lot of the things that subscribers do. I have been a subscriber since like the 2nd day of viewing DG...I just can't imagine having all this wonderful information blocked from me...not to worry, my brain goes zooming by allatime...I need a longer leash!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 19, 2007
6:20 PM

Post #3874711

Me either! Why bother being just a member?? DG is a whole person experience!

xx, C

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Its a Small World After All Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well said!! threegardeners 9 Aug 14, 2007 8:11 PM
It really is a grand garden here ! Dea 5 Aug 14, 2007 8:10 PM
Small world, for sure! JaxFlaGardener 14 Aug 23, 2007 11:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America