Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Stunning Historical Iris: Iris

Communities > Forums > Article: Stunning Historical Iris
bookmark
Forum: Article: Stunning Historical IrisReplies: 2, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pgilady
Punta Gorda, FL

August 20, 2007
2:31 PM

Post #3877576

I just read your article in Dave's Aug 19 newsletter & note that you say that iris can be grown all over the U.S. I used to live in TN, and had lots of iris. I now live in Punta Gorda, FL (zone 10) and miss these lovely flowers. Can I grow them here, and if so, what do you recommend.
Thanks,
Sara
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2007
12:18 AM

Post #3879810

Head over to the Iris forum - there are several growers over there that just love Iris and they are from zones 9 and 10.
Clustina
Middleburg, FL

August 4, 2010
9:14 AM

Post #8017829

Mitch,
Thank you for that suggestion. I am going to go to the Iris forum. I love purple Iris. When I was growing up in Fresno, CA, every year my Mother had a flower bed with deep purple Iris and bright yellow dafodills. It was so pretty. When my Father died in 1976, I helped my Mother move here to Florida, and we brought some of her Iris. I have a pot with 4 rizomes of her Iris. I never planted it in the ground, because something about our soil causes everything I plant to have a problem with wilt. The Iris seems very healthy, but it has never bloomed in the 34 years I have had it. I hope I can learn something I can do to get it to bloom.
Clustina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Stunning Historical Iris Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Just Beautiful!! Islandshari 17 Aug 4, 2013 9:36 PM
My historicals inanda 1 Aug 28, 2007 9:40 PM
Historical Iris roseberries 11 May 29, 2008 8:04 PM
Help identify iris faitani 2 Aug 3, 2010 11:31 AM
Louisiana Yellow Flag Iris won't bloom TXjennywren 1 Aug 9, 2010 6:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America