Yogurt question

Mid-Michigan, MI(Zone 5b)

I made homemade yogurt and it turned out great, however... it's a little runnier than storebought and it turns the kids off a little. For those of you that have made yogurt, do you think putting it in cheesecloth and draining it for a few hours would help thicken it or am I wasting my time?

Thanks!
Michelle in Michigan

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I'm not expert but wanted to say WAY TO GO!!!! Awesome you are making it yourself and giving it as a snack to the kids! I've read some terrible things about the processed yogurts lately and would love to know how you made this!

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Are you using a yoghurt maker? The secret with joyhurt is the right temperature combined with a good starter culture and sterile milk. I live in Morocco and don't have a joyhurt maker, so all I do is I stir in two table spoons of yoghurt from the shop into the milk. Works fine, but I am not using this again and again for a starter culture, as the yoghurt becomes runnier each time. I noticed that you can even take flavoured yoghurts like vanilla, which makes the home-made yoghurt taste slightly vanilla. Don't strain the liquid vanilla...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images