Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cooking: Yogurt question

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 2, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MsKatt
Mid-Michigan, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 21, 2007
2:35 AM

Post #3880404

I made homemade yogurt and it turned out great, however... it's a little runnier than storebought and it turns the kids off a little. For those of you that have made yogurt, do you think putting it in cheesecloth and draining it for a few hours would help thicken it or am I wasting my time?

Thanks!
Michelle in Michigan
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 24, 2007
9:09 PM

Post #3896227

I'm not expert but wanted to say WAY TO GO!!!! Awesome you are making it yourself and giving it as a snack to the kids! I've read some terrible things about the processed yogurts lately and would love to know how you made this!
gofast
Aschaffenburg
Germany

August 31, 2007
10:22 AM

Post #3920766

Are you using a yoghurt maker? The secret with joyhurt is the right temperature combined with a good starter culture and sterile milk. I live in Morocco and don't have a joyhurt maker, so all I do is I stir in two table spoons of yoghurt from the shop into the milk. Works fine, but I am not using this again and again for a starter culture, as the yoghurt becomes runnier each time. I noticed that you can even take flavoured yoghurts like vanilla, which makes the home-made yoghurt taste slightly vanilla. Don't strain the liquid vanilla...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America