-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 21, 2007
1:46 PM

Post #3881521

Doe's anyone go to a flower club or floral demonstrations?

I am member of a floral art group,we meet once a month. We watch a national floral demonstrator
make usually six arrangements, have a coffee, exchange ideas,buy floristry products at a stall
and offer our competition arrangements to the judge!
Next month our competition title is an arrangement with a piece of wood.
I don't have any wood yet! Has anyone got any ideas please?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2007
1:23 AM

Post #3884089

That sounds like a lot of fun Terri, esp when you all share the same enthusiasm for floral art. Wish I could join you...could I via satellite or something? Haha. I'm not sure if there's anything like that around here...but then there's no time for me to do that anyway. This forum is my outlet for floral art, I guess. Hmmm...wood? Is bamboo a wood? You know how I love bamboo, esp large cane ones. I also like large dead tree branches...like the ones they grow orchids and bromeliads on. I'll make you one when I find the time...and the wood.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 22, 2007
1:37 AM

Post #3884161

Thanks Karma, I didn't think of bamboo! although I only have some skinny sticks!
I would love you to come to the flower club once a month. I will tell you what we are doing and you can join me!
I don't have any dead branches either. It is not the sort of thing you can just go and buy really is it?
I will have to find woods!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2007
9:04 AM

Post #3885132

Didn't Poochella posted a really cool vase she made from a raw piece of wood? I thought that was really nice. Skinny sticks of bamboo are cool too. How about making a vertical grid by connecting the joints with raffia or rope/jute? Then you could do the arrangement on the grid? Seen it done somewhere. I remember thinking it would make a great headboard if turned horizontally. Well, thanks for the invitation...I will be happy to join you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 22, 2007
11:24 AM

Post #3885264

Thanks for the idea Karma. I think I have seen that somewhere, how would you attatch the flowers to the grid?

Where is that vase Poochella did with the piece of wood?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #3885338

You can wire a small block of foam around the joints (stronger at the joints) and cover the foam with sheet moss? Let me look for Poochella's vase. Will be back.

Here it is http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/711675/

This message was edited Aug 22, 2007 6:52 AM
BDale60
Warren, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2007
12:26 PM

Post #3885433

Garden clubs still exist. Like many social institutions which require volunteer members with free time on their hands, I sense these clubs have fallen on hard times..at least in my region. For whatever reason, the garden clubs I'm familiar with were populated mostly by female members and the changing role of women over the past few decades also means there are fewer and fewer who can devote time to a luncheon and afternoon meeting. (Not that women ever had time for that with all the work and responsibilities of running a household, but the emergence of professional career women leaves even less "unscheduled" time for such activities I guess).

I'd love to see a re-emergence of these organizations. Speaking as a man, it would be even more desirable from my point of view that they would re-emerge as "co ed" organizations with a diversity of aims, including floral arranging, general horticulture, vegetable gardening, organic versus chemical, etc. (Although, what am I saying? Do I really want to be against a group where I'd be the only guy in amongst 25-30 garden loving gals?) :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 22, 2007
11:14 PM

Post #3887903

Thankyou for dong that link Karma, It is really lovely that container of Poochella's. Where am I going to find a lovely
hollowed out piece of Birch like that around here?!! I will find Something no doubt.
Are you going to try the grid idea?

BDale, Our club meets at 7.30pm, first Wednesday every month.
Most of the floral designers from Holland are Men, by the way! For some reason the Dutch men are very good at floral
design. At Hampton Court flower show recently, the floral demonstraters were men. So please don't give up!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 4, 2007
2:34 AM

Post #3934387

If anyone wants to join in with the flower club theme this month, it will be on wednesday!

' An arrangement with a piece of wood ' HAVE FUN!

Post your woody arrangements here!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 5, 2007
12:43 PM

Post #3939263

Is the meeting today? I haven't found anything "woody" I'd like to use yet!
sookey66
Hubbard, OH

September 6, 2007
12:09 AM

Post #3941739

Here's Harry! Where's everybody's "wood"?

Thumbnail by sookey66
Click the image for an enlarged view.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 6, 2007
9:34 AM

Post #3942911

That is a lovely arrangement Sookey, I like Larry very much. I like the way you have made the background too, it really sets off the display.Thanks so much and well done.

I haven't done my photo's yet! but I will as soon as I get time.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2007
11:08 AM

Post #3942976

Very nice sookey. I like the way you arranged harry. He is really cool. What's the dark foliage at the base? Ornamental sweet potato vine? Very nice contrast. Thanks so much for sharing.

I will see if I can do something this afternoon...I have to hunt down wood and buy some flowers.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 6, 2007
11:28 AM

Post #3943003

Yes Karma, Splash out on some flowers, good idea!!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2007
12:16 PM

Post #3943143

The pressure is on now, isn't it?
sookey66
Hubbard, OH

September 6, 2007
11:41 PM

Post #3945261

Thanks, all, for the encouragement; it'll help me keep on trying.

I had the worst time keeping everything standing straight for the pics. And the Heliotrope died by the next morning :( Do you have problems with Heliotrope? Seems last time I put it in the "getting to know you" vase that it also died first, and quickly! Know any secrets for extending its vase life? And that darned floral foam disintegrated, too. Can't seem to reposition anything. Guess I better plan better in advance.

Yes, Karma that is sweet potatoe vine 'Blackie'.

And Terri, that's just my sofa throw behind the vase, it had the purple of the Heliotrope and seemed less distracting than my cluttered kithchen. What do you use behind your pics?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
12:59 AM

Post #3945568

Hi Sookey, I find that some garden flowers are just not suitable for picking and arranging they are best left where they are.
The woody stem stuff needs to be given the shock treatment! Cut the stems then hold into a cup of boiling water for
1 minute only, this shocks the plant and it helps to get the water all the way up the stem. It may sound drastic but it
works. DON'T do this with anything else!!
It is important to always cut your stems at a slant, this is for 2 major reasons, firstly for conditioning the flowers,which
should be done the day before you intend to use them, or at the very least 2 hrs before. It helps to put flower food in the water too. Secondly, the slant will help you to push the stems into the floral foam much easier and try not to reposition
them too much! when the holes get big you have the falling out problem.
I would really say not to worry too much about trying to make it look perfect , but take a more go with the flo
attitude, it's all learning and the more you do the more condfident you will become.
Hope that helps!
I have a piece of black cotton material about 3 metres long, which I usually use for indoor arrangements,and
a bamboo stick to hang it from.
If it's not good foam it will break up anyway, not trying to plug oasis but it's the best one I've used!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #3945801

Woody roots.

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
1:52 AM

Post #3945813

pink roses and wheat

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
1:54 AM

Post #3945817

wood arrangement!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
2:45 AM

Post #3945998

sticks & flowers

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
2:46 AM

Post #3946004

sticks & flowers in test tubes.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
2:48 AM

Post #3946016

I don't know why that came out twice, but I guess that adds another post!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2007
3:11 PM

Post #3947382

Terri, your wood arrangement is cool! Is that bunny grass?...very nice. Is that what you brought to the meeting? I bet everyone was full of oohs and aahs! I love the sticks and flowers. The blanket of mums create a beautiful contrast for your roses. Did you put the twigs together yourself? Sorry so many questions, I just love it! You really have the best ideas!

I should get something black for background. It really makes the arrangements stand out better.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2007
3:15 PM

Post #3947394

Well, here's my wood arrangement. I found this dead piece of wood in the back of my dad's backyard, along with other interesting trees that would make nice arrangements with. Just some gerbera daisies and curly willow sticks that came with a bunch of greens at the supermarket.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2007
9:08 PM

Post #3948454

Thanks Karma, what is bunny grass?
I love your arrangement, so elegant as usual! nice piece of wood too, Dads do come in handy don't they?!!
The theme for next month is...

'Parallel lines'

Karma, your wood arrangement is like a start of a parrallel line already!! The gerbera's are beautiful and the placement looks good. well done!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 10, 2007
12:54 AM

Post #3956263

Hey Karma, maybe no-one likes are woody arrangements!! don't worry df I think you're the best! and thankyou to both
you and Sookey for joining in.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2007

Post #3956432

Thanks terri, here's another great find from my dad's backyard.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 10, 2007
1:55 AM

Post #3956520

Thankyou Karma,Great! nice pot too, we have to become more creative now with summer nearly over,we can't rely on the beautiful summer flowers anymore.
Those twigs are great for spraying, so don't throw them out. We can look forward to autumn / winter
displays with all the lovely coloured leaves,berries and seedheads.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2007
2:41 AM

Post #3956728

What kind of spray? I can only think of snow for christmas.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 10, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #3956866

Gold and silver, but you can get all different colours these days. They are really good to preserve the leaves or berries
and give colour to pinecones, twigs, nuts etc... and great for making christmas tree decorations with plant materials.
sookey66
Hubbard, OH

September 11, 2007
12:31 AM

Post #3960313

Sorry, I've had company over the weekend and couldn't get online.

These "woodies" are way cool!

Terri, I like that you've shown the progress of woody roots to wood arrangement. And your "sticks and flowers" are very pretty, I'm liking the color contrast and the sticks - how'd you hold 'em together?

And Karma: If this is what you do with some findings from dad's place... well again just let me say WOW! I'm thinking here it's about the negative space as well as the solids, right? And love the vase.

Also want to know how Terri sprays her twigs and are the arrangement categories set up on a monthly basis? I thought it was weekly - that's why I asked where they were.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2007
2:47 AM

Post #3961016

Sookey, originally we thought about having a different theme every week (or at least that was what I had in mind) like the "get to know you", "tea time", and "summer getaway", but for some reason, we never went beyond those. Participation sort of went down as the weeks went by, so Terri let us join in on her monthly themed floral meetings. Of course, you can always start a theme if you'd like, and I'll be happy to join you. Thanks for the positive feedback. You definitely understood the concept of negative/empty space; "Less is more" kind of deal. Or maybe it's just an excuse for not spending too much on flowers. Anyway, hope you stick around for a while...we can both learn how to spray our twigs. Sookey, if you have grass, join the ornamental grass thread. I'm the only one with an arrangement in there. Could use some help in there. Terri, you too!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/760076/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
11:01 PM

Post #3964065

Hi Sookey, glad you liked the woody arrangenents. The sticks were glued with a hot glue gun.
I use a spray booth, which is just a big cardboard box which I fold away after use.
Place the twigs or plant material inside, spray, turn over with tongues and spray again.
I would join in a weekly theme sookey.

Ok Karma, I may have to use my bunny grass for the ornamental grasses, I don't think I have any other grasses.

BTW, how am I going to get that root out of the vase? It was a big struggle to get it in!!! I think it can live in the vase
foever now, luckily I got it in a sale for 50p.
I saw this advert and thought it was quite funny.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2007
11:26 PM

Post #3964142

Thanks for the instructions Terri. Yay, please use the bunny grass! Very funny about the wood living in the vase. I think it's pretty nice.

The ad is pretty cute and funny. LOL. It's midnight in London, Terri?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 11, 2007
11:35 PM

Post #3964178

12.30 am now, must sleep soon, got a busy day tomorrow but will try to do an arrangement with the grass
tomorrow. trouble is I don't have that much of it so it maybe zen like!! wooohooo!
sookey66
Hubbard, OH

September 12, 2007
12:11 AM

Post #3964278

I'll try tomorrow to do something with grass. I have a purple moor grass but haven't really checked it out lately to see its condition.

But touring Cleveland Botanical garden's Children's garden first tomorrow :)

Luv the watermelon as oasis substitute ad!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2007
12:24 AM

Post #3964325

Sookey, thanks. I can't wait to see it. Have fun on your tour!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 12, 2007
12:25 AM

Post #3964326

Sookey,have a lovely day out at the gardens. I look forward to your grasses.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 12, 2007
12:26 AM

Post #3964329

SNAP!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2007
12:34 AM

Post #3964374

Oops, forgot to tell you terri how much I'm looking forward to yours. You know how I love Zen. Now get some sleep gf!
sookey66
Hubbard, OH

September 12, 2007
12:39 AM

Post #3964394

Thanks all. Tell you tomorrow...
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2007
12:37 PM

Post #3969940

Next month for our flower club meeting seems so far away...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 14, 2007
12:44 AM

Post #3972510

Only 3 weeks now Karma! Parallel lines.

We can do weekly themes too!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2007
8:10 PM

Post #4002660

Only 2 weeks from now...

I didn't know where to put this, but since we were on the subject of woods, I just wanted to say how much I like curly willow. In the past I've used fresh willow, and although I've seen it root in my vase of flowers, it never occurred to me to plant it. Well, I did this time and it is now sitting in a pot of soil. I kept it in a shaded area and am watering it. Is this the right thing to do and is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2007
7:51 PM

Post #4041559

Tomorrow Oct. 3 will be the first Wednesday of this month...time for our monthly flower club meeting. Although our host Terri is away, we still should bring in this month's floral theme arrangements...parallels. Anyone? Hope Terri will check in on us tomorrow.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2007
5:45 AM

Post #4043442

Karma, can't wait to see what you come up with. I am sure this will be right up your alley. I could make a cross out of two sticks, but that is about it!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2007
8:59 AM

Post #4043563

Traci...lol!!! A cross out of two sticks does not count as a parallel! Now two sticks side by side...that's a parallel. But please show us your 2 sticks anyway you wish. Beggars can't be choosers...
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2007
9:49 AM

Post #4043584

Crap, I went perpendicular on you. I will find sticks and do...something? This should be very interesting!!

What are you doing up so early and where did Terri go???
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2007
11:54 AM

Post #4043770

Pupil, find sticks, flowers, rocks...anything! No one's around...do something fun, funny, crazy, ROFL crazy!

I was on my way out...usually at work for 5am, but had to come in for 4:30. Terri...her pc had crashed...lost her pics...not sure where she is, but apparently not in cyberspace.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2007
12:42 PM

Post #4043886

Well, being close to halloween, I may be able to come with something clever. I won't be able to do anything until next Monday or Tuesday, as I have to travel today and tomorrow and then we are going to the Round Up in Tupelo to meet other DGers. I can't wait!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2007
5:13 PM

Post #4048452

Have a safe trip...and have loads of fun!

I'm on a tight budget, so this is some really traditional flowers from the grocery store. I didn't mean to buy these mums either. I thought they were the spider mums. Each flower was in its own sleeve...couldn't tell. Sorry so boring...I think tropical flowers would make better parallels. Anyway, here's mine...now bring in yours!

Thumbnail by karmaplace

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2007
3:14 AM

Post #4050467

Karma, I think it looks fantastic. You bought the orange flowers (Lilies?) at the grocery store? Ours definitely doesn't have anything like that. I might need to try another one. ;^)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2007
5:22 PM

Post #4051892

Beautiful, vibrant colours and lovely paralell arrangement, well done karma and thanks for taking part .
When my pc is working I will show you what I did.I made three lines and used, orange gerberas, purple statice, red carnations, white roses, aspidistra leaves and bear grass. I won the trophy for the month!
Next month the theme is FIREWORKS.
I had a lucky night, I also won one of the raffle prizes which was an arrangement made by the demonstrator!!
I hope to be back in cyberspace soon Karma! at least I will have a few to show you when I eventually get my pc back and working normally. Keep up your good work and enthusiasm won't you ladies? bye for now. Terri
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2007
8:29 PM

Post #4055232

Thanks Traci...I bought them at Winn-dixie...they don't always carry the orange. It was screaming for me to pick them up. Do y'all have a whole foods? They have the coolest flowers. I saw tiny pumpkins on a stick last week...have no idea what they're called. I should buy my flowers at the flower shop to support the floral business, but the grocery store is just more convenient...not to mention cheaper.

Finaaaaaaaaaaaaly, she shows up! We've missed you, Terri, hope you don't mind we carried on here without your presence. Your arrangement sounds awesome...can't wait to see it. Congratulations on your award! And I can't wait to see it! Will you show us your prize arrangement as well...I'd love to see what the demonstrator did.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
8:05 PM

Post #4097923

Hi all, I've missed you! So glad you have been carrying on with the flower club idea Karma, now I can show you my
paralell line,

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
8:07 PM

Post #4097929

This one shows the base

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2007
8:09 PM

Post #4097939

It was nice to win the monthly trophy!!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2007
12:08 AM

Post #4098839

Cool Terri! Love the hot orange on the gerbers. Thanks for showing the base, great idea! Congrats on the trophy. . .you deserved it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2007
12:32 AM

Post #4098927

Thankyou Karma, you are very kind seeing as you weren't there to see the others!!
Here's the trophy, I have to take it back next month.

I haven't got a picture of the prize I won, but I will redo it myself to show you what it was like, when I get some orange gladioli which is what it had in it.

Are you going to do the 'Fireworks' theme?
that will be the last one for this year, in December they do gift wrapping. We wrap gifts and they are given to old people's homes. I have a feeling you will be good at gift wrapping, we can have some fun with our christmas presents.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2007
12:52 AM

Post #4099009

Nice trophy. I'm confident yours was the best.

I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few months, but I will try to do something for the fireworks theme. Gift wrapping will be a lot of fun, esp. when it's for charity. That's a very nice thing to do.

I have lots of paper I bought after Christmas, but didn't stock up on ribbon. Guess I will have to stock up after this Christmas. My favorite thing is recycled brown paper and raffia with some pine cones and berries.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #4099046

I like the sound of your raffia, pinecones and berries, very natural. I bet that would look lovely, so much christmas stuff
is ott with glitter and tinsel!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2007
2:52 AM

Post #4099499

Congrats Terri. Very cool design. I love the base. Hate you have to send the trophy back.

I love using the brown paper and raffia. I have glued pearls and rhinesones on it, either as designs or random. Cut out mag pics with a theme for the wrapping, like old perfume bottles or old cars for different family members, but that takes a while. I also have different stamps, mostly abstract and stamp it with gold ink. I sometimes tie a silver dollar with the the raffia and write on the back for the tag. A gold or silver paint pen works good. There are so many things you can do with it. It even looks good with nothing added. I love the berries and pine cones. Oh, when I finally have flowers, I will try to dry and glue them on. Fern leaves or a big poinsettia or fern leaves with a poinsettia. Ok must stop. I will start buying gifts just to wrap.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2007
3:29 AM

Post #4099666

Traci, you're my kind of gal with gift wrapping. Not everyone appreciates a well wrapped present. Don't over do it though. . . giftwrapping shouldn't cost more than the gift itself lol.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2007
5:58 AM

Post #4099928

I can't help it. It is one of the very few crafty things I can do. I am so sad when I spend so much time on them and then they are ripped about. I tell myself every year, don't do it, but I can't help it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2007
9:24 PM

Post #4101931

Well it sounds like you two are great at gift wrapping, good , I look forward to getting some tips here!
Traci are you going to have a go at the parallel line theme? please!!

I know what you mean about taking the trophy back, well ,one can't be greedy and I have won it 4 times this year,so I can't complain!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #4102617

If you have won it four times, than it should definitely be yours to keep. Is it given out once a month? Has anyone else won four times? Be greedy girlfriend.

I have a little extra time on my hands since I resigned, but on the flip side, money is tight. I will see what I can do. It may be those sticks I was talking about earlier. Plenty of them. If the darn Spider lilies would come back up, the definitely could be used. I have now dug out 200 in about a 5 sf area. I know there must be thousands in there. We are actually suppose to get several days of rain next week, thank goodness, and maybe something in the yard will pop up. I know the camillas are about to bloom.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
1:29 AM

Post #4102698

It's a great idea to use sticks and foliage , anything you can find around the garden would be great. This is a relaxed
flower club and I don't think you need to go and buy expensive flower's to try out ideas.

The arrangement that I won in the raffle was made with sticks, some were split, which gave more interest,and she used
the seed heads of crocosmia,and other 'dead' matter!!! mixed with some fresh foliage, it looked good.

more time on your hands huh? no excuses then, haha!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2007
2:54 AM

Post #4103019

Did you read the post earlier when I told Karma I would make a stick cross. She was kind enough to point out that was not parallel lines. I am going to definitely keep working on this, as I do have fun. I still have got to get some floral foam. I have even watched a little 10 part ideas on arrangements from Better homes and Gardens. I Love some they did there.

I will see what I can come up with next week. I am going out of town this weekend, where another DGer is kind enough to give me 8 to 10 full size Brugs. I can't wait!!

I can't believe Karma hasn't show up. She has been dying for you to get back. I had the pleasure of speaking with her and she has to be one of the sweetest people I have talked with from DG. Although she does get those digs in every once in a while. lol.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2007
3:20 AM

Post #4103094

Traci, are you sure it was a pleasure talking to me? Remember I hardly got a word in? j/k Now, I didn't wanna call you out on the arrangement, Traci. But since Terri's back, we'll just have to tag team you. No more puttin' it off after this weekend. Come back with all your brugs, lucky girl, and be ready to work them sticks.

Terri, I have not been dying for you to get back, just withering away a little. :)

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2007
3:26 AM

Post #4103115

OOOHH, she got some gusto!! You go Karma.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2007
3:34 AM

Post #4103146

Learned from the best. Quick too huh?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2007
4:59 PM

Post #4104401

now, now, girls, I'm back !

We are looking forward to Traci's parallel lines ...

we can think about other themes , maybe something very simple WEEKLY?

Here's another joke!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #4106072

Funny!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007
2:07 PM

Post #4106887

Traci, what are you doing with all the spider lily bulbs? If you're going to throw them out, let me know. . .I'd like a few. If you're replanting them elsewhere, I'd still like a few. . .LOL. Trade you for a christmas ornament?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 21, 2007
9:45 PM

Post #4108085

No ornament needed, Darling. Are you in the Addy? If not, D-mail me and I would be glad to send some to you!!

As much as I would love to following the marching orders, it looks like it will be the middle of the week before I am able to do any parallels. We filled up the extended size PU and I must take care of the cuttings, trees, plants, etc. first. After that, I will do my best to make the (possibily worst ever seen) parallel line arragement.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2007
9:54 PM

Post #4108114

Where is this addy exchange? I'd like to send you postage. Ok, you're off the hook until all your new stuff is planted.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2007
10:36 PM

Post #4108226

no pressure dear Traci!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2007
1:21 AM

Post #4108771

Karma, D-mailing you, but the address exchange is on you home page. Look up towards the middle of the screen and you will see where it says extras. Click here and you can add your address.

Thanks Terri, but somehow I doubt you two will sit and wait patiently for me to do this. I imagine I have bought myself a week at the most.

(((to all)))
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007

Post #4108832

ok Traci, you're not in the office now, here you can take your time and we can carry on making more parallels to keep you company!

There is no DEADLINE at this club haha!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
8:01 PM

Post #4111444

Thanks Traci. . .you are too generous. Terri, I'll remember that, no deadline.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2007
10:48 PM

Post #4112038

ummmm!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2007
3:49 AM

Post #4113313

Ah Ha! I know. You say no deadline, but feel gentle nudges along the way. It is nice to be able to relax and not worry about work. Karma, I believe Terri said

[quote]...we can carry on making more parallels to keep you company![/quote]

Yo have to be the "we" in this!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
4:13 AM

Post #4145728

Whatever happened to your parallel lines?

NEXT WEEK! It's the FIREWORKS theme. I hope you can come along and join in with your arrangements ,everyone is welcome!

where is Sookey?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:23 AM

Post #4145837

I have a camera now, I have ideas, I just don't have the camera cord. I am dying because of this!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
5:26 AM

Post #4145843

not that old chesnut!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:30 AM

Post #4145851

Well I can give you the make and model and have you ship the cord over here. Don't think I want to hire a cab in this town and walking to the closest cord store is out of the question.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
5:44 AM

Post #4145865

ok ok I 'll j j jjust wait patiently for you !
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:55 AM

Post #4145875

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 3, 2007
3:22 AM

Post #4152498

It's gonna be a Loooooooooooooooooooong wait.

Karma, are you doing the fireworks one? I have to give the trophy back on wednesday.. sigh!
I suppose I should polish it first.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2007
3:42 AM

Post #4152539

And decorate it to have it sit in the cafe for the last week!!

I haven't seen Karm any where today. Maybe she is lost?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 3, 2007
3:55 AM

Post #4152585

have you checked at the old cafe'? , she often hangs out there late at night!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2007
4:09 AM

Post #4152622

Is she the disheveled hag walking around in rags saying, "It's still open, it's still open"?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 3, 2007
4:21 AM

Post #4152643

certainly not!
at least I don't think so...
do you mean the one who looked like this?

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2007
4:58 AM

Post #4152712

No, that looks more like Zany.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 3, 2007
5:12 AM

Post #4152731

Yes it is CrazyZanyHair, you're right!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2007
9:51 AM

Post #4152885

Hmmmmm. . .trying to think of an idea for fireworks. . .I'm coming up with nothing. I'll see if I can come up with something. Terri, tell them you lost the trophy. You may as well keep it if you're gonna win it every month.

Hey, I have not been to the old cafe since the day they put me in jail! So that wasn't me! Who is Zany?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 5, 2007
5:34 PM

Post #4160249

Hi Karma,
Well if I win it this time, it will be the last!!
When you get 20 points over the year ,you leave the novice section and move up to the 'Intermediate' level!
At the moment I am on 18.
Points are given 0-5 for instance with the last arrangement I got 5 points, one time I got a 3!

I don't know what to do for fireworks, or even what container to use! what are you doing?
Zany is my flower girl!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2007
8:35 PM

Post #4160873

So are you going to throw the match or go on to intermediate? Can't wait to YOUR fireworks, guys.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2007
8:42 PM

Post #4160909

Congrats in advance in achieving intermediate level! Thanks for reminding me about the fireworks. Still brainstorming. . .haven't come up with anything yet. Probably will miss it Wednesday, but i promise to come up with something. Or should I wait for Traci's parallels debut?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2007
9:22 PM

Post #4161112

I have boycotted arrangements for one month. It is Terri's fault!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2007
10:45 PM

Post #4161422

Why is that?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2007
12:46 AM

Post #4161750

Actually I forgot what it was. Will have to go back and look. But I have called the boycott off. lol
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
7:08 PM

Post #4168232

Good luck tonight Terri! Hope you win. . . then you'll be competing against all the intermediates! Kick some butt girl!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 7, 2007
7:34 PM

Post #4168307

Terri, Where is your arrangement?????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
1:57 AM

Post #4169570

It's here!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2007
2:39 AM

Post #4169745

Terri, I was curious how you were going to pull it off. . .but you sure did! That looks wonderfully fun. I love the spiraling around the stems. Awesome! Did you get to bring home the trophy? I would have given it to you! Gotta go put Peyton to sleep now. Thanks for showing us your piece. That was exciting.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #4169879

Thanks Karma! I'm exhausted!
What's in the bag?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
3:14 AM

Post #4169893

The...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
3:21 AM

Post #4169913

Trophy!!! I want to see yours tomorrow!!! and You will have a special trophy ok? ok Traci, you too!!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep walkingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnoringzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznighty nite!

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2007
3:26 AM

Post #4169988

Congrats, terri...you deserved the trophy for sure!!

You all are soooooo talented.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
3:35 AM

Post #4170014

you are dear Shar! Thanks for the congrats and hope to see you tomorrow! so tired!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2007
4:42 AM

Post #4170198

Sorry, been real busy around the house and just now got a chance to catch up.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You so deserved it with this arrangement. I didn't know how you were going to do it, but you did. Are we intermediate now?

How on earth am I suppose to do an arrangement with no flowers in the yard, no vehicle to get to the store, and no money if I could. Hmmm, must use the imagination. I'll think of something...surely?!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
9:17 PM

Post #4172566

That sounds like a very good theme Traci,
no fowers no money!
Do you have sticks, leaves,twigs? Why don't we try 'Land Art'?
Making something with materials collected from our gardens,and arranging them either inside or outside.
Just a idea!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2007
11:55 PM

Post #4173186

I like that. OK. Will have something soon. Everything is starting to turn pretty shades.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
12:00 AM

Post #4173199

Karma, did you see that!
she's going to have one soon...hahahahahaha sooooon!!!!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
12:02 AM

Post #4173208

Talking to Karma "no show arranger" are we? How long has it been since she did one?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
12:05 AM

Post #4173220

a while!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:27 AM

Post #4174084

Hey. . .you just wait. . .until. . .I get my flowers growing. . .next spring.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2007
1:28 AM

Post #4180401

It's lonely in this flower club.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
1:33 AM

Post #4180419

What is this week's theme??? Are we doing broke and can't afford to buy flowers?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
1:44 AM

Post #4180458

Sorry terri. . .

More like no time than no money. The hardest part is taking a pic. I don't have an established set up for it. . .and Peyton loves to get in the way.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 12, 2007
8:40 PM

Post #4186177

I know what you mean Karma. I don't have somewhere set up, it's a pain getting everything out! I usually do a few arrangements in one go while I have it set up.
My greenhouse is getting too told to stay in there for too long these days!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2007
10:23 PM

Post #4189948

I've finally come up with an idea for fireworks! Just need time now.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2007
1:34 PM

Post #4206133

Okay my idea is not working out because I don't have the heart to cut them. . .
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2007
2:10 PM

Post #4206212

What are they?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2007
2:17 PM

Post #4206231

You're gonna laugh when I tell you they are the flowering part on my ornamental grass. It sort of sprays out like fireworks. If I cut them, the grass won't look as interesting.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2007
2:26 PM

Post #4206278

They are perfect for fireworks! snip...snip... will the grass survive the winter? At my local florists they sell the grass
seed heads for 1.50 each.. not cheap!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2007
2:44 PM

Post #4206363

Okay, sometime this week, Terri. I will say "promise" so I don't try to back out of it again. Thanks.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
5:53 AM

Post #4359018

promise promises!!!

Hello Flower Ladies, Welcome back to the new year at the flower club .
Any suggestions for our weekly themes would be appreciated.!
Our first meeting of the year will be on Wednesday next week.

To start us off the theme will be 'an arrangement with 7 flowers and foliage'

I look forward to seeing your creations and hope you can make it

(new member's are always welcome)!!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2008
6:48 AM

Post #4359051

I may be late. Have Teensy.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
6:55 AM

Post #4359055

ok, we are quite layed back at this club! it's cool.!!!!!!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2008
12:17 PM

Post #4359199

Is that 7 different kinds of flowers and foliage or 7 flowers and foliage in any combination?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
1:49 PM

Post #4359393

OMG, I completely forgot. That is sad. . .breaking promises. Sorry to let you down Terri.

New year resolution. . .either stop making promises or follow through with them. I promise.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
3:16 AM

Post #4365942

Hi Adele, 7 flowers and foliage is the title of the theme, the rest is your own interpretation!! no advice offered, you're on your own!!!!!!!! Everyone comes up with something completely different, thats the idea!
Hope you can join in the fun.

Karma, Chillax! it's cool...
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #4380925

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. If you would be so kind as to take your seats, dinner will be served shortly. I hope you enoy your evening and will now turn you over to your hostes s for tonights judging. : )

Tonight's menu.

Shrimp fried rice with soy sauce/sweet and sour sauce and fortune cookies. ( can't imagine how this menu popped into my head. ; ) )

This message was edited Jan 9, 2008 4:12 PM

Thumbnail by starlight1153

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
9:49 PM

Post #4380931

main entree

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #4380936

yes, feel free to take the centerpieces home with you. : )

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #4380987

Applause,applause! Beautiful! I love it, And funny too:)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
10:47 PM

Post #4381171

Bravo! applause! Hey Star, this is a real treat! We haven't had such fancy food at this club before!
What a lovely arrangement of goodies, and so beautifully presented, very fuuny too!
I'm starving, so hope you don't mind if I have a fortune cookie to keep me going!
The centrepiece is really pretty, looks like it's sitting on angel wings. Thankyou very much, you are so thoughtful.

I'm going to set the long table out and put the tablecloth on, ready for the arrangements to be displayed later.
We also have a stall selling floristry equipment, potted plants, ribbon's ,containers, magazines and all that.
If anyone would like to donate to our stall, please bring your items in!

I've set the chairs out, everything is prepared, better go and make my arrangement!!!
See you back here later...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
3:29 AM

Post #4382346

Hello to everyone!
Sorry I'm late, I'm having trouble with my camera tonight, still trying to fix the problem.
If anyone has had time to make an arrangement, please bring it in!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
5:12 AM

Post #4382664

7 flowers and foliage, leaving mine on the table!

materials used, wicker basket, floral foam , wire, sticks, peacock feather's, rose leaves, conifer, 7 orange roses.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2008
11:21 AM

Post #4382912

Terri, Beautiful! So creative,it's calming and bright at the same time. How do you know how to do these things?

I'm going to be late with my 7 flowers and foliage. I bought pretty pink and purple roses a few days ago already. The petals are falling off already.:(
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #4383718

Hi Adele,
I'm glad you like it, Thankyou for your kind comments. I saw something like it in a flower magazine, and made my own version of it! I liked your contemporary christmas basket, so I used one like it for this arrangement.
It's ok to be late! we are not one of those strict flower clubs!! Looking forward to seeing your's when it's ready.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2008
6:44 PM

Post #4384169

LOVE the food menu. Very creative and darling to boot. I have been trying to figure out what I could do with the Chinese take out boxes.

Terri, fantastic!! It is going to be very hard to beat. Here's a suggestion. Why don't we allow entries to run through the weekend. This will allow players extra time if they are working. Let me know what you all think.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
7:19 PM

Post #4384274

Good idea Traci, Thankyou!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #4384739

Star, that is so creative! I see takeout in a whole new light. I also see a floral designer guru in the making.

Terri, another awesome job! I especially love the horizontal stick with the leaves hanging. Where's your trophy? I know you won.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
10:35 AM

Post #4386450

Hi Karma,
Where's yours?!!!!!! We need your elegant arrangement.!
I seem to be going through a horizontal phase! it's quite difficult, but I like a challange.

Actually dear friend, there was no flower club this month, we don't start arranging until March!
So I didn't win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and when we go back, I will be at intermediate level! (not trying to show off!)
Only the novice section can win the trophy. This encourages the novices to try harder and move up. Intermediates collect points and have to earn 35 points over the year to move up to seniors. then it is advanced seniors (like Jenny) our chairwoman.

Here in our own cyber flower club, we can do what we like!!! weekly or monthly meetings are fine by me.
If we have a weekly meeting, this would give everyone a chance to choose the theme.
What does everyone else think?

Looking forward to seeing more 7 flower and foliage arrangements!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2008
11:04 AM

Post #4386469

Hi All,
I think we should have weekly meetings. They would keep us informed and motivated. I'm going to work on the 7 flowers and foliage either today or tomorrow. It was a very busy week for me.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
11:24 AM

Post #4386496

Hi Adele,
Ok, you can choose next weeks theme, after this one. Something to think about, remembering the theme is always very simple, and open to many interpretations.
Thanks for your enthusiasm and support.
Terri

Eddited to say, it is understood that not everyone will have time to make it to the club every week, and that's ok, join in whenever you can!
Please may we have the new theme by Monday, which gives us time to prepare. Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 11, 2008 1:26 PM
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
2:44 AM

Post #4389971

I did it!!! Here's my 7 flowers and foliage display. It will look different in the morning. It actually looks different now(10 minutes after picture was taken.) because I change the color of some test tubes.

Hey Terri, It would be my pleasure to pick next week's theme. Next theme is fruit and flowers. I'll announce it again on Monday:)

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
1:15 PM

Post #4390859

Here it is in the morning

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 12, 2008
2:42 PM

Post #4391045

WHOO HOO! Adele, fabulous idea to incorporate your experiments into the theme. It really is working!
Thankyou for joining in with this weeks theme, a very unique design, Well done.!
Thanks for next weeks theme, I'm looking forward to it.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #4391111

Thanks Terri:) I lighten the color of the water so it looks more balanced. The flowers are still changing colors!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
12:06 AM

Post #4393099

Adele, did you dilute the food colouring?

Love the red and yellow 'fence'!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2008
11:01 AM

Post #4394926

Love the arrangements. Ya always see arrangemnts in triangles or s's or something like that, ya don't often see ones that go sideways. I like the ideas. : )

fruit and Flowers. Hummmmmm gonna be a brain challenging one for sure.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2008
11:23 AM

Post #4394937

Hi Star! Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing your arrangement.

HiTerri, Yes, I diluted the colors and it looks so much better.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 14, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #4402082

Adele...it's Monday! I wonder how many will raid the fruit bowl this week?!!!!!!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2008
10:28 PM

Post #4402107

Oh BoyTerri, thanks for reminding me.
Hurray! It's Monday, time for our new theme of the week.

This week our theme will be "Fruits and Flowers". Come on everyone! Let's have fun with it.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2008
2:33 AM

Post #4403379

Okay, Adele. Here's an arrangement of fruits and flowers I used in a wedding 2 years ago. I'm going to cheat and use old pictures if you don't mind.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2008
2:17 AM

Post #4407710

Wow Karma! That arrangement is beautiful!

I still have to go out and buy some fruit and flowers. I have only one orange left in the house.Maybe I have a box of raisins. Do raisins count? :)
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2008
2:24 AM

Post #4407750

They are just dried grapes, so I think they would ☺
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 16, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #4407945

Lovely apples Karma ... what a cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love it.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2008
10:19 AM

Post #4408751

Thanks everyone! It was sooooooo easy. All I had to do was upload the picture!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 16, 2008
10:34 AM

Post #4408753

I found it! Fruit is it? Sorry bout the frost on the grapes (straight from the fridge) and I've eaten the mango and one of the peaches, also re-used the leaves and flowers from the arrangement from the cafe. (recycling!)
I know it's not "mind boggling, or think outside the square" but I'd eat it!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 16, 2008
10:36 AM

Post #4408756

Fruits used, mango, peaches, nectarines, grapes, my last banana, avocados and a minnikin pumpkin
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2008
11:50 AM

Post #4408802

Sue, I think your arrangement is very colorful, pretty and appetizing. Wouldn't that look great at a party?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 16, 2008
8:17 PM

Post #4411189

you know, I thought that myself. Next bbq I go to, I'm taking a fruit platter, but of course I'll put a bit more time, effort and thought into it! Thanks Adele, I'm eating the banana on my cereal as I type. It's raining here and I don't know if it will clear up for me to go to work, so what better way to spend the morning than visiting me mates on DG.
Sue
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #4411705

I know what you mean. This forum is the best!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #4412940

Hey weeds, I love it and want to eat it RIGHT NOW! It is delish...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
9:28 AM

Post #4413940

Hi Sue, G'day mate!
BEAUTIFUL, thankyou for bringing your delicious looking platter. Love the dish you have used, it fits so well with the theme, with it being a natural container of wood. Exotic fruits and flowers look so special, I think you arranged them in an interesting way showing the different textures, with some cut for added interest.Thanks for joining the flower club!

Sorry I'm late with mine!! (migrane last night and had to go to bed).
I have the day off today so I will have time to get mine done, and bring it in later.

Where's Star?
Adele, raisins are fine, it's your theme dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
11:12 AM

Post #4413979

Hi Terri, Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.

This theme is harder than I thought. I can't decide how to approach it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008

Post #4413995

Thanks Adele, first decide what style of arrangement you want to ... modern or traditional.
For instance, Karma's arrangement is traditional, but she has added a modern twist using the apples.
Sue's arrangement is design based and modern. Hope that helps a bit!
I was wondering, how did the experiments with the dyed flowers turn out?
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #4414038

The flowers didn't change colors again. I think the dye was too diluted.
I came across a bowl that I use for fruit. I'm going to use that for the container. I think my approach will be traditional but I really don't know the difference. So when I make it you'll tell me.:)
Have fun on your day off.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #4414068

Thankyou I will. It's another rainy day here so I'm happy staying indoors playing with flowers, but there's horrible housework to do too! ... maybe later!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
3:11 PM

Post #4414621

Fruit and flowers.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #4415775

I love it! It's beautiful.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
7:08 PM

Post #4415805

Thankyou Adele, I realised that it isn't fruits! only1 fruit. oh dear!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
7:39 PM

Post #4415946

Are you serious? It's perfect.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
8:08 PM

Post #4416055

Phew thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2008
10:17 PM

Post #4416678

Hey Terri, I love it. I would love to pick your brain one day. One question, as the leaves on tulips go down to the base of the flower, do you just leave them attached to the flower instead of removing them? I think the leaves are part of the charm of tulips.

Thanks!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #4416689

Just got in from classes a bit ago.

What beautiful arrangements everbody!!!!!!!!! Looking at them fruit and flowers makes me want to cha-cha cha. Very appetizing!

I'm hanging my head right now in shame. I had gotten some fruit the other day and then got busy on my homework, forgot about the project and ate my fruit for a snack. tryign to stay of f the tater chips and cookies so much. Didn't realiz e what I had done til later. Opps! : ( with it being in the teens the next few days and rainand sleet , don't know if I will even attempt to go to store. I don't do cold so well.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #4416798

Hi Traci and Star,
Too funny eating your fruit!!!
Strickly speaking you should cut the tulips off at the end of the stem and throw away the leaves!!
I agree with you Traci, the leaves are good and I like to use them!
Thanks for the compliments!
Star, got any lemons or tomatoes...raisins?!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #4416956

Terri, those tulips are lovely! But even lovelier in your hands. Love how they are spilling out your unknown fruit. Sue, love your fruit platter. It looks delicious and colorful.

Traci, don't get rid of all the leaves! But do make sure you swish them in water to remove the dirt sometimes stuck between the stem and leaves.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 17, 2008
11:29 PM

Post #4417018

Thanks Karma! The fruit is Honeydew Melon.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
11:37 PM

Post #4417058

Hey Star, Great idea. Let's all forget our cares and cha-cha-chachacha!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2008
11:52 PM

Post #4417121

I got raisins!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 18, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #4421854

cha-cha-chachacha!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2008
11:12 PM

Post #4422115

O.K. Here is my project, it's 2 in one, pot et fleus and fruit and flowers.

Thumbnail by diggerette

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #4422140

You never cease to amaze me, diggerette. Totally awesome and knocked out two in one.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #4422201

I'm so happy you like it. Thank you very much. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 18, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #4422212

It's Beautiful Adele! So light and airy, really nice fresh colours and textures. The balance with the oranges is perfect! Thankyou for the theme this week, I thought it was a good idea and you have done a great job!
I think you should nominate or ask someone to choose next weeks theme!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #4422236

Thank you so much, Terri. Thank you for being so encouraging.
I nominate, Karma for next weeks theme. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 18, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #4422277

You are welcome!! Karma eh? ...oh dear... ... ... it's gonna be hard!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #4422336

Be very afraid. . .
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 19, 2008
12:16 AM

Post #4422365

I'm shakin' in my boots!!!!!!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #4422374

LOL
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008
12:41 AM

Post #4422468

This one's for Pupil and me. Next week's theme is. . .Zen garden. Since this is my favorite type of design, I will try my best to make one. Hope you'll join me.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2008
1:19 AM

Post #4422659

ALRIGHT!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008

Post #4422768

Pupil, lemme borrow one of your beautiful oriental vases!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #4422828

I'm in! Hurray!
Zen garden, wow, that is hard. I'll give it a try.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2008
2:09 AM

Post #4422908

I don't think I have any Oriental vases. Hummm, that is strange. I bet I do have SOMETHING Asian that I could use. I'll have to dig around the house.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008
2:12 AM

Post #4422917

Are you sure? I thought I came across something asian in one of your posts. . .guess not, oh well.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2008
6:29 AM

Post #4423612

I used a teacup that is Asian. Maybe that was it. I also used small platters that had an Asian motif to put the vase on.

Here is the teacup

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2008
9:57 AM

Post #4423766

Must've been what I saw. You already produced your asian arrangement! Very nice Traci!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 22, 2008
7:47 AM

Post #4437098

Hey Adele, your fruit and flowers is beautiful. I've been out gathering material for the Zen arrangement. Mmmmmm. I can't wait to see everyone elses!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2008
9:39 AM

Post #4437308

Can't wait to see yours Sue. I hope to get to mine today.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 22, 2008
10:00 AM

Post #4437331

OMG, I've been at it for hours! Mostly trying to get the pics right. I've got lamps with tinfoil directed at the arrangement and tried with flash, without flash and with different light measures (although I don't know what I'm doing there!) This is the best I could do, but I think it looks nicer in real life. It is made of Tall Cyperus papyrus at the back, White flowering chives, Malay pygmy bamboo (Pogonathum paniceum or something like that) and a couple of tortured willow peices.
I'm still using that horrible piece of oasis until i can get to the shops. Theres hardly any body left to it at all! You's would die laughing if you could see it!
Anyway, here goes. Its supposed to look simple, elegant and oriental.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2008
12:24 PM

Post #4437554

Good morning everyone!
Hi Sue, I think you acheived your goal. It's wonderful!

annemaree07
Ocean View, HI

January 22, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #4438522

This last weekend my husband and I went to the Hawaii Flower and Shippers Assoc 60th Annual Shinnenkai banquet held at the University of Hawaii Hilo "Imiloa Centre" - doesn't that sound rather grand! At this event shippers and growers of tropical flowers enter their prize flowers into the "People's Choice" competition.

We have a protea farm and so entered my prize pincusions a basket full of pink protea
and consequently won 1st place for my prize protea. That is the greatest feeling to know that the flowers that my husband and I grow WON first place.

We live in Hawaii on the Big Island and we wonder if any of you use protea in your floral arranging - we would love to see some of your arrangements.

Aloha for now -
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #4439537

Sue, what a beautiful arrangement! Adele, you have to add her on the guru list.

Aloha to you Annemaree! Congratulations on your award. I wish I could afford proteas in my arrangements. They are about $5 a stem down here. I believe terriculture has used it in one of her arrangements. She will be along to post a pic for you, I'm sure. Do you have pics of your proteas? I bet they are really cool.

Lana
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 22, 2008
11:35 PM

Post #4440071

Your arrangement is lovely Sue! You really did achieve simlpe elegant and oriental. Thankyou for joining in with the theme this week.

Aloha Annemaree and welcome to cut flowers!
Congratulations on your award for Proteas, they are such special flowers , we don't see them much here.
I have only used them once to make a wreath, there is a picture of it in the ' Belles florists' thread. Sorry iI don't know how to do the link!
I would love to see some pictures of your proteas if you have any.

I will be late with my Zen arrangement, I won't have time to make it until Thursday!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2008
1:20 AM

Post #4440534

Guess what? I actually made an arrangement! Sorry my participation has been so low. Here's my zen arrangement. This is soooooo less is more LOL! And I used a cereal bowl. Ignore the background. The kitchen was the only place I could find black.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2008
2:11 AM

Post #4440808

Aloha Annemaree and congratulations! I'm very new at arranging flowers. I had to look up what proteas look like. I would love to use them in a flower arrangement. Have you ever used proteas in a flower arrangement?

Hey Karma, I think your arrangement is very zen, simple and elegant. It's very good.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 23, 2008
5:11 AM

Post #4441648

Hi and Aloha to all. Annemaree, my friend (Annmarie also) down the road grows proteas , they do very well in our climate apparently. She does a lot of dried flower arranging and uses them. They are also used regularly in store bought Dried flower arrangements here in Australia.
Thanks Adele for your kind words. I spent literally hours last night trying to get a good photo as I'm not here during the daylight! I've arrived home to see it all dried out because I left the doors open and a nice strong breeze has been blowing through all day, not to mention that scungey piece of Oasis I keep using! I really must throw it away.
I actually did 3 arrangements last night, because I cut wayyyyyyy to much material. There is such a variety of foliage form and colour in my garden! At least the place is looking very decorative now, with arrangements in almost every room!
Hey, Karma. Your arrangement is exactly what I thought a Zen arrangement might look like! Well done.
And TC, can't wait to see yours!
Whats next?
This is in my bathroom, an arrangement of Croton spp at the front, then Cordyline fruticosa leaves, then Giant African Fountain grass in behind

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2008
12:17 PM

Post #4441973

Sue, Fantastic! I think Karma is right, I will add you on to the floral guru list.
Here's my zen garden

Thumbnail by diggerette

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2008
9:37 PM

Post #4444069

Excellent, excellent arrangements everybody!!!!!!!!

Pupil.. Love your tea cup and the way you have the flowers going up the side like that.

WeedWoman... very nice presentation. it really has an oriental feeling and movement to it when I look at it.

Karma... Glad to see you finally got to play. Simple but elegant. Nifty idea using a ceral bowl.

Digger... Very peaceful and relaxing. All ya need now is a bit of a tiny water fountain runing through it and I would think I was in a Japanese thought garden for reflection. Looking at the pebbles, makes me realize that I need to relax a bit and breath.

I hope next week maybe I cna get to store and get some flowers or something. Got exams coming up so cramming for them.

Welcome AnneMarie! Would like to se e some of your flowers.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 23, 2008
10:45 PM

Post #4444335

Hi all,
Very interesting arrangements this week, Thanks everyone!
Adele, love the use of stones.
I will try to bring mine in tomorrow!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 24, 2008
9:16 AM

Post #4446308

We're all waiting in anticipation Terri! You've got all of ours to learn from, *chuckle*
Hi Adele, just like a bonsai! Where did you get your dish?
Star, what are you studying?
Me, a guru? Nah, I'm just lucky to have so much material to work with!
How is everyone?
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2008
11:17 AM

Post #4446351

Good Morning All,
Thank you Sue,Star and Terri. The dish is just an old shallow basket.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 24, 2008
8:21 PM

Post #4448318

Hi everyone! Well here's my Zen Garden!

The stones and rocks represent the Islands and the raked sand represents ripples in the water surounding the land!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 24, 2008
8:23 PM

Post #4448341

A place for quiet contemplation!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 24, 2008
8:30 PM

Post #4448371

and meditation!

The placed rocks should unconsciously form a tree shape.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2008
11:05 PM

Post #4449016

Oh, very nice,Terri. It is zen and tranquil.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 24, 2008
11:10 PM

Post #4449039

Thankyou Adele, it took a whole bag of granulated brown sugar!!!!!!!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2008
11:26 PM

Post #4449089

Brown sugar!! A whole bag! I would have never known.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 24, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #4449119

It was cheaper than flowers!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #4449984

Hey, maybe we should make sugar art for the winter and save some money:)
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 25, 2008
9:04 AM

Post #4451310

Cmon, how about the next arrangement to be native plants from your country? Is that too hard?
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2008
10:56 AM

Post #4451364

It's a little hard being winter and all but I'll give it a try.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2008
11:45 PM

Post #4454089

I love your zen garden digg! Love the contrast between the rocks and the green moss. Terri, "sweet" Zen garden. I don't exactly understand the rock placement in Zen philosophy, but it looks very calming.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2008
12:05 AM

Post #4454155

Thanks Karma!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2008
3:51 AM

Post #4455137

Well, this being my favorite type of arrangements, they are all fantastic. Terry, no flowers? Always original!!

Karma, I knew you would nail this one.

Weed, LOVE IT! the fan is perfect.

Digger, I think you are fibbing to all of us and really are a floral master.

annemaree07, nice to see you and now a new flower to go look up!!

Natives? Well, if the weather hadn't decided to turn brutally cold, I would have had some in my yard, but I think all my buds froze their little buds off!! I will see what I can do.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2008
9:26 AM

Post #4455694

I was wondering what I could find too but it raining and sleeting again here, so everything either soggy or froze for the moment.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2008
4:54 PM

Post #4456666

Aw shucks pupil, you're embarrassing me. Thanks for the compliment.:)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 26, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #4457331

Hi everyone!
Sue, The problem with 'native' for a theme, at this time of year, is some of our gardens are still asleep! Please suggest something easier!!!
Thanks Karma, for saying my zen garden was calming!
It was very difficult for me not to add flowers, but I did it!!! , Thanks Traci!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2008
3:30 AM

Post #4459004

I can just picture you with one in your hand going, "but it would look good right here". You showed restraint lol.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 27, 2008
5:23 PM

Post #4460555

Funny!, it was a bit like that, how did you know?!!!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 28, 2008
3:35 AM

Post #4463187

O.k, o.k, no natives. I get them all year, so we can do that agin another time. No, I'll leave it up to you to suggest another theme, as I can't think of any, and not knowing what you may have access too makes it tricky also. (i.e Tropical)
Sue
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 28, 2008
9:12 AM

Post #4463902

Good morning all,
Karma, Please nominate someone to choose this weeks theme!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 30, 2008
7:20 PM

Post #4474351

Ok, Karma is a busy lady.
Has anyone got any suggestions for the theme this week?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2008
12:33 AM

Post #4475700

Virtual arrangments. Find a pic of your favorite arrangement and post. lol. Too broke to buy flowers.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 31, 2008
2:41 AM

Post #4476355

no fun!
Haven't you got any fake flowers?!!

ok ok I'm done! no more hassling you I promise.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 31, 2008
9:33 AM

Post #4477380

Well its way past your usual club day! I suggest a free style arrangement for next week. So anything goes, no holds barred! Sticks, stones...gosh, even mobile phones! Whatever!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2008

Post #4477442

I agree!
and I like your arrangement and watering can..
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 31, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #4479099

Hi everyone!
I've heard from Karma, she is not well and is suffering with colds and flu. Also her little boy is not well.
Karma said to say Hi, but she is not up to playing out at the moment.
Get well soon Karma!

Anything goes ok, I'll be back with mine in a while!

Sue, Love your colourful arrangement, thankyou for bringing it in.
Putting it way over there on the window ledge, I can't see it properly, please bring it closer and tell us what exotics you have in it!!! love the watering can. pretty please?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 1, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #4480387

Thought I would use my watering can too!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 1, 2008
1:15 AM

Post #4480410

tulips and daffs, anything goes!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 5, 2008
5:09 PM

Post #4498469

C'mon everyone!
freestyle choice this week! no excuses.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 6, 2008
8:56 AM

Post #4501539

Oh I got a good excuse, I can't get out and get my material because of the rain, but if you give me till the weekend, I should be able to do something! I'm Keen!
Sue
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 6, 2008
12:09 PM

Post #4501701

I under tornado watch and gonna probably lose puter here in a few hours and Karma and Pupil and a few others already unde rbads storms flooding and tornado damage.

I can;'t do this week, but I got plans for next week, it Valentines Day, Gotta do Valentines week for sure even if i have to use dead weeds. LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 6, 2008
11:52 PM

Post #4504459

Hi Sue and Star,
Thankyou both for for calling in and letting me know.
I didn't know about your tornado watch. Hope you stay safe and are all ok?
Valentines for next week, Star thats a good idea, thankyou.

Sue,I thought your anything goes theme was a good idea! and great for new flower club members to join in.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 7, 2008
3:32 AM

Post #4505657

Well, lets aim for Valentines day, and do "anything goes" "whenever" That kinda works well doesn't it? I will still try to do something soon. Getting itchy fingers!
Take care you lot with the bad weather! Mother natures being mean to us for cutting the heads off her flowers!
Sue
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 8, 2008
11:59 AM

Post #4510865

Sue, you are funny!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 11, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #4525314

new joke.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #4525741

Love it!! I will try to participate this week as well. Time depending of course.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 12, 2008
6:53 AM

Post #4527287

Ha Ha Terri you dag! I bought flowers today! They are in the sink soaking up water. Will arrange them tonight and try to get a good pic tomorrow!
Sue
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2008
6:11 PM

Post #4537800

Valentine arrangements this week!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2008
10:41 PM

Post #4538874

Mine will not be posted until tomorrow or Sat., but it will be done!! I have already bought the flowers.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #4539813

Here's my Valentine arrangement.
Materials used .. heart shaped wire basket, pink oasis, 5 red roses, fern, chrysanths rolled in laurel leaves, ruby jewels.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:01 AM

Post #4539823

Happy Valentines Day!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 15, 2008
3:55 AM

Post #4540338

Very nice Terry, it reminds me of a scrumptious cake, and should be served in the cafe immediately! I didn't know oasis came in pink, what a good idea to be able to make it part of the arrangement.
Here is a close up of the Celosia flowers. They are like velvet!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
12:51 PM

Post #4541123

Thanks Sue. wish I could find Celosa over here, I don't see it very often. love it, so unusual. I have grown the feathery one, such bright colours. Your valentine arrangement is very sexy! thanks for joining in.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2008
3:55 PM

Post #4541839

Well, wrote a long reply and LOST IT!! Shortened...Terri, love leaves and rubies, cooool!! Weed, those are amazingly beautiful.

I am starting a new thread, as this one has gotten a bit long. Please move the club on over to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/813885/

This message was edited Feb 15, 2008 9:57 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
5:21 PM

Post #4542241

Thanks Traci. Please leave your valentine arrangements here!
New club, new theme! any ideas flower club members?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America