Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Antiques and Collectibles: Looking for: 1957 Johnson County Kentucky License Plate

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 14, Views: 143
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 26, 2007
3:49 AM

Post #3900841

I've been looking for a 1957 Johnson County Kentucky (car) license plate for several years now. If anyone knows where I can find one please D-mail me. I was born there, during the 1957 flood. ….Would love to have one to hang in my barn.

Thanks y'all!
:) Glenda
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
12:16 AM

Post #3945378

Hey, Glenda
I was just at a large outdoor flea market over the holidays. I will try and remember that you would like one. How much would you be will to pay for it?
Teresa in KY
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2007
12:49 PM

Post #3946859

Thank you for your kind offer, Teresa! That's awfully sweet of you! I have been looking for my license plate for years now, but don't get down to KY enough to be able to look "locally" in Johnson County - which is where I'd probably have the best luck finding one. But you never know... You just might come across one, one day! I truly appreciate you keeping me in mind, and offering to help. :)

I found a 1957 KY plate (wrong county) on eBay, with a "buy it now" price of $34.99, so I'd be willing to go as much as $50.00 for a 1957 Johnson County Kentucky license plate. Then I'd add the cost of mailing, tax, etc., to the $50.00 ($50.00 + Shipping, tax, etc.). ...Do you think that $50 will cover the cost? I don't know what license plates are going for in Kentucky.

Should you find one, it would work too if you could just D-mail me the seller's phone number, then I can contact them myself and make arraignments to purchase the plate over the phone, and have them mail it to me. That would save you a lot of time and energy too. ...Or I'd be happy to reimburse you, should you just go ahead and pick it up for me. Either way works for me - just make sure that it's convenient for you! :)

Thanks again Teresa! You're an angel!!
PS: I'm just curious… Do you live in the Lewisburg that is in Logan County or Mason County, KY? Mason County is closer to Johnson County.
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
1:20 PM

Post #3946972

I live in Butler, and work in Logan.
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2007
2:43 PM

Post #3947256

Ahhh, so you're north-northwest of Nashville - give or take. The land is beautiful down your way! I LOVE the South!

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2007
10:32 AM

Post #3992221

the best way to locate one might be through an ad in the local newspaper in Johnson county. Let us know if you locate one.
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2007
10:39 AM

Post #3992225

That makes to much sense, wood

Glenda, yes Kentucky is a beautiful state. I am proud to call it home. We travel quite a bit but I always love getting back home. DD is in Lexington, I love the white fences and horses too.
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2007
3:16 PM

Post #4001674

Can't tell you how much I miss KY, Bluegrassmom. I'm heading to Eastern KY around Oct. 10th to visit some aunts and cousins! Can't wait!! The colors should be pretty about that time.

Thanks Wood, for the good idea! The Big Sandy News and the Paintsville Herald are the local newspapers. I'll make a call and see what an classified add costs, etc...

;) Glenda

Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

April 8, 2008
12:09 AM

Post #4772845

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I am STILL trying to find a 1957 Johnson County Kentucky license plate. Since my last post, I've made another trip down to Johnson County and stopped in at some of the local auctions but I have not been able to locate one.

If anyone sees one in their travels or gets a lead on one, please try to get a phone number for me so that I can contact the seller.
I sure appreciate your help!
Glenda
caribblue
West Bay
Cayman Islands
(Zone 11)

May 25, 2008
1:00 PM

Post #5000308

Hey Glenda!

I have just submitted your request to the list on another site. It is a license plate collecting forum and there are many ALPCA (Automobile License Plate Collectors Association) members on it...someone will have one and they will reply to me with pictures and prices, normally...I will let you know what I come up with...

john
alpca#10599
caribblue
West Bay
Cayman Islands
(Zone 11)

May 26, 2008
3:41 AM

Post #5003618

I have found your plate...let me know how you want to work it out...

john
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 1, 2008
1:34 AM

Post #5185234

John, that's awesome news!!! Thank you!! :-D I will d-mail you as well!
...quite frankly, I had given up hope of ever finding one!!
~~ Glenda
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 21, 2008
2:46 AM

Post #5293520

FYI everyone...

I never did hear from caribblue's friend regarding my 1957 Johnson County Kentucky license plate, so I'm still looking for one!!!

Please let me know if you see one or you know where I can find one! Thanks!!
caribblue
West Bay
Cayman Islands
(Zone 11)

July 21, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #5295080

Mornin Glenda...I have yet again emailed the person that has the plate...i am surprised that he hasn't contacted you yet...my apologies for getting your hopes up...I will repost your request on the license plate collecting listserv i belong to and see if someone else may have one...ALPCA(automobile license plate colletors association) had their International Convention Last week in Salt Lake City and I had a friend look for one there but to no avail...I'll keep trying...

john
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #5304914

John, you're awesome! Thank you! I appreciate your efforts to help me out. I will keep an eye on my email and let you know if I hear from your contact. ...In the mean time, I'll keep my fingers crossed!! :-D

Have a great day!
Glenda

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America