Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Northeast Gardening: Fall Planting

Communities > Forums > Northeast Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Northeast GardeningReplies: 71, Views: 343
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2007
4:24 PM

Post #3918085

Some have talked about Fall chores such as cutting back, cleaning up, digging up tubers, etc. I have said a number of times how I love Fall for planting and want to know if anyone else will be planting this Fall. Many just think of bulbs and nothing else. I am planning perennials, shrubs, trees and bulbs. The trees will be JM's and maybe another one or two small ones. Shrubs include Viburnum 'Chippewa and 'Conoy', Enkianthus (great shrub!), Fothergilla, Hydrangea 'Limelight' and Deutzia. Perennials include Phlox 'Blue Paradise' and two Heleniums. All this is just from one source! I'll no doubt place one or two additional orders.

What about you???
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

August 30, 2007
5:27 PM

Post #3918261

Haven't ordered anything...just gonna be planting a few shrubs I "pinched" this summer and have growing in pots...don't know their proper names but i got 2 weigela(sp), one a variegated and I managed to find one of those nice willows with the new growth that is pink...

This is my favourite time of year for moving things around though...daylilies, hosta's, etc, that I have been eying all summer and finding new homes for.
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 30, 2007
5:36 PM

Post #3918304

I will be planting more lilies - including one called "My Precious!"

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2007
5:58 PM

Post #3918406

Another LOTR variety?!!
rsquared
Finger Lakes, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 30, 2007
8:35 PM

Post #3918916

The best season for peony planting and dividing!
ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2007

Post #3918920

Not much doing here, just have to move a couple of iris, that's it. I did a lot of planting this spring so I'm done until next year. Don't think I will even stick in any bulbs this year. I like to plant trees and shrubs in the fall too but perennials from garden centers, unless they are really new plants are usually left over from earlier in the season and I find less success with them in the fall. I move stuff around all summer which I did some this year, so just the iris to move now.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2007
8:54 PM

Post #3918991

Yeah the perennials need to be healthy and sizable. I order mine online.
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

August 30, 2007
11:05 PM

Post #3919416

ooops...thanks for the reminder...bought a peony a few years back that got way bigger than he was supposed to...has to be moved too.
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
12:43 AM

Post #3919698

I used to plant a lot in the fall, but found that I just don't seem to have great luck with it. I would lose a lot of things by spring. So now I mostly stick to bulbs, and save my other planting for spring.

I do have some established plants in pots, a few of which I may stick in the ground this year if I get around to making beds. But if I do, it will be earlier in the year, like in the next few weeks. I think waiting till October for me just doesn't cut it.

Dee

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
12:47 AM

Post #3919709

I only had bad experience with teeny plants - Bluestone type sizes. Also, they should not be planted too late. You want to give them some growing time before the cold sets in.
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
12:52 AM

Post #3919731

Yeah, I'd think so too - giving them time, I mean. That's why I always wonder when I get catalogs or e-mails advertising late season specials - in November! Just a tad too late, for me at least. I'll stick to my spring planting for the most part. I never finish cleaning up for winter until March anyway, lol, so I don't need any more added work!

Dee
Maria
Rehoboth, MA
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #3920089

I need to dig up some phlox for another place, but do not know whether to do it now or in the spring?
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
2:29 AM

Post #3920097

I don't have any plans. Your plants sound good Victor.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
2:35 AM

Post #3920113

Have you ever planted any of your Coneflowers in the Fall, Al?
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
2:38 AM

Post #3920124

Yes. A couple years back I had orders from Plant Delights and Wayside that I planted. Henry Eilers I just posted was from PD. Smaller coneflowers are a bit risky it seems as the roots just don't strengthen enough before winter.
venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2007
2:56 AM

Post #3920180

I don't have a lot of new plants to plant (redundant huh) but a lot of transplanting. But I do have 4 new viburnum, a couple of spruce, some hydrangeas, a few veronica, some allium, thyme...and a big a-- spider just came across the room, I'm outa here!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
2:58 AM

Post #3920189

Ooh - real-time arachnophobia! Cool. Which Viburnum and Hydrangea?
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
2:58 AM

Post #3920192

spiders you want to plant about 6" deep and pack down the surface ;)
Candyce
The Monadnock Region, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
9:16 AM

Post #3920726

We, too, have irises to divide and move to a better location. We didn't have much growing in the early spring this year, so we have ordered crocus and more tulips and are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
10:30 AM

Post #3920776

LOL AL. Spiders in the garden, nice. Spiders coming at you from across the room, forget about it eeeek!
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2007
3:49 PM

Post #3921819

Just curious - but I have all kinds of seedlings that have germinated (foxglove, linaria, cornflowers, baby's breath) - any chance some will survive through the winter?

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
4:41 PM

Post #3922029

When we first moved here I was out in the garden and felt something on the inside of my wrist, it was the biggest stinkin' spider, I'm not talking daddy long legs big, those I don't mind but this thing was like a baby tarantula big, ugh gives the willies just thinking about it.

Anyway, I have big shade garden plans for this fall. I have on order ajuga torch, thymus serphyllum alba, helleborus orientalis, aquilega ruby port, cyclamen hederifolium, hydrangea annabelle, monarda colrain red, rudbeckia fulgida.
For other areas orange snow crocus, daffodil flower drift, tulip sancerre, allium, fall crocus, stachys helen von stein.
I think I'll be pretty busy. I also have to create a walkway and a raised bed.
Maria
Rehoboth, MA
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2007
5:10 PM

Post #3922147

flower,you are going to be a busy gal

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
5:15 PM

Post #3922171

Sounds good Jen. Good luck and take pictures!
ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
5:22 PM

Post #3922208

A nice collection of plants, should be very pretty.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
5:24 PM

Post #3922219

Im soooo excited I can't wait to start. Do you guys get that anxious feeling too when you have big garden plans?
arfitz
Caldwell, NJ
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2007
5:25 PM

Post #3922229

I always do my main Fall planting at this time. L am mostly a Rhodendron and azalea collector and this is the time of year that rhododendrons and azaleas put on their greatest root growth no longer producing shoots or buds. The earlier in the Fall they get in the ground the Better. The soil stays moist the temperatures are favorable and new roots rapidly spread.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
5:29 PM

Post #3922244

Absolutely - that's why I encourage people to plant in the Fall. The same holds for many plants - the roots grow in the Fall.
ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #3922363

Planning and planting a new bed is just the best isn't it. Fun to try new plants and combos and if it ends up looking like it did in your head, well that's he big payoff right! I just love it when a plan comes together. Don't forget some pics! :)
Hemhostaholic
Scranton, PA
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2007
7:05 PM

Post #3922609

I usually don't stop planting until the end of September here. I have always had luck, in regard to the weather, if I planted things no later than 4-6 weeks before the last frost date. this is the best time, I find, to dig up and divide daylilies...by the by if anyone wants some, let me know...to plant any/all evergreens I have bought...also, not sure about the rest of the country, but here, NE Pa, I have about 7 great nurseries, and about 4 of them, every year at the end of August their whole inventory of plants is 50-75% off...I go crazy. Iris, Peony, Sambucca, Juniperus sp, Acers, blue berries/fruit trees, and usually, don't yell...lol...any perennials I do buy I cut back to about an inch off of the ground. I just give things about an inch or so of mulch, and scratch in some green sand around whatever I have planted.
DawnLL

(Zone 4a)

August 31, 2007
8:04 PM

Post #3922804

Hmmm no I don't think I will be doing much planting. I have already divided the plants I wanted to. The only thing I might plant may be some tulip bulbs around my hostas. And that is only if I get around to it - eeeks.
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2007
8:06 PM

Post #3922811

I don't know why I veered away from this forum - maybe because I felt like a traitor to the Mid Atlantic forum? However, comments like this: spiders you want to plant about 6" deep and pack down the surface make me realize why I need to spend more time here! Al, with you, Victor and Dave, who needs the Comedy Channel? LOL You guys always give me something to smile about :)

I'm gearing up for more fall planting as well - as soon as I get my act together I'll show you some before/after pictures of the areas I planted last fall. Not much to look at yet, but a huge improvement over what was (or is it wasn't?) there! I'm expanding in this same area and have taken pictures to help me visualize what will or won't work there. I have MEGA space to work with - just need to make sure I don't make the same mistakes I've made in the past and cram too much into the space. I also have another 'project' in mind that I might be asking for help on soon.

Good to be back :)
Debbie

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2007

Post #3922870

Welcome back Debbie. It's not a good excuse, but we'll let it go! Hee hee. I'd like to see the pics of the project. Can I think of you as the prodigal NE Forum member??!
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2007
12:10 AM

Post #3923603

Mid Atlantic forum you say...what do they pay over there?

My funniest replies are usually backspaced over because they sound too mean.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
12:14 AM

Post #3923612

My meanest ones are backspaced because they sound too funny.
Kassia
Framingham, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #3923790

oh I have tons of plants to get in... 15 new roses... transplant/divide some hostas that are huge, divide daylilies , plant some hibiscus seeds, I got a hydrangea (my first one!!!) , transplant some asiatic lilies that I planted in the wrong place.

ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
1:30 AM

Post #3923862

Oh wow you are going to be busy. What are some of the roses? What fun and more pretty pics for us to see. :)
venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #3923933

Blue Muffin, Snowflake and Brandywine are the viburnums. Endless Summer hydrangeas. We'll see how the ES does as I read very mixed reviews on the hydrangea forum. I checked and rechecked this room before entering. No large ferocious spiders to be seen. I don't have a spider phobia (actually I do but it's really strange) but that guy just spooked me. As for planting in the fall, my favorite time!!
Kassia, how are your roses doing? Mine are putting on a fantastic late summer show. They look better now than they did all summer.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
2:53 AM

Post #3924217

My ES has done very, very well.
venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #3924263

Glad to hear that Victor. The hydrangea forum was very unfavorable. We're very close in zones and it will get morning sun and afternon shade, so I think it should do ok. ES came from a local vendor as did the Snowflake, the ES was 1' by 1' , the Viburnums were already 3 foot tall in 5 gallon containers. I'm so eager to see them next year.
Kassia
Framingham, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
3:56 AM

Post #3924388

The roses I have to plant:
Shepards deligt
Paname
Queen Nefertitti
Lulu
Mme Butterfly
Invitation
Alec's Red
Proud Titania

2 my wild irish rose
1 caramella (now I will have 2!!!!)
1 Clair matin
1 Brass Band (grafted)
1 Golden Showers
1 Distant Drums
1 Crimson Glory

Camaxieux
Heideroslein
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
12:01 PM

Post #3924798

I'm digging up poppies and looking for an empty spot in a neighbor's yard. The darn things have gone native on me! Won't be any room for the daffodils to poke up through them if I don't. They seemed like such a good idea when I planted them . . .

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
2:08 PM

Post #3925105

I tend to avoid the forums on specific plants. People are way too opinionated and act like experts. And they're very cliquish. Other ones get very few posts. Two weeks ago I think the Japanese Maples Forum had 11 posts for the entire week! We have that in a few minutes.
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
3:18 PM

Post #3925285

Wanna invade the Japanese Maples Forum? We could be the JB of DG and eat them up!
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
5:09 PM

Post #3925575

Whoa! I don't think we really want to invade anybody's space. :-) I have found that folks on many of the specific forums have been very helpful indeed - and very patient with newbies.
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
5:48 PM

Post #3925690

I'm starting to crack here - was looking through Bluestone's catalog and was thinking, hmm, maybe my luck with fall planting *wasn't* that bad after all...

And to think I literally just came from posting about Seandor trying to resist cheesecake...

Dee

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
6:33 PM

Post #3925792

I would resist planting Bluestone micro-plants in the Fall, unless you want to put them in pots and move them inside for the Winter. As I said, Fall has only been a failure for me when I plant little wimpy plants.
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
7:03 PM

Post #3925929

Victor, unless I'm wrong, which has been known to happen :)...I think all Bluestone sends out in the fall are their jumbo pots??

Dee, I've been putting together a Bluestone order myself for a few fillers, now if I can either convince my husband that I REALLY need them or sneak the order in I'll be a happy camper! Of course I've got two different orders in mind - worked for a couple of hours this morning selecting a "few" !!! Alliums I'd like to add as well.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Click the image for an enlarged view.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
8:37 PM

Post #3926226

How big is 'jumbo'??
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
8:38 PM

Post #3926231

LOL! A "few" alliums? That will keep you busy for awhile! Should look gorgeous next year!

Victor, keep telling me that and maybe I'll listen... and maybe not, lol!

Dee
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
8:49 PM

Post #3926273

Victor, from their website: "Jumbo 3 paks are 2.25" x 3" deep, and sold in sets of 3 plants" Smaller than I thought they were, for some reason I had in my head that they were the "Larger Pots are 3 1/2" x 5" deep". I actually took a chance last October and planted a few cell packs of Heuchera and they did fine, although they would have been much happier (and bigger!) if I had waited until spring :( Problem is I have more time available to plant in the fall so I take my chances!

Dee, that's just my "wish list" - would love to try them all but will have to slap myself and just try a few this year. I've had A. christophii in the gardens for a few years and absolutely love it but I'd really like to try a few of the "big boys" :)

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
8:51 PM

Post #3926279

That's still puny to me! I wouldn't try anything under at least a 4 inch pot.
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
9:15 PM

Post #3926369

I agree, it IS puny, but the only reason I'll take my chances with them is because I can get them at wholesale prices, otherwise I'd pass them up. If we have another mild winter like we had last year (keeping fingers crossed) they should do fine as long as I can keep the "critters" away from them!
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2007
11:02 PM

Post #3926651

rcn, I tried to start some alliums from seed this year - aflatunense, cernuum, and christophii - but had no luck with any of them, unfortunately.

I did buy a few bulbs last year though, which came up and were spectacular this past spring - Globemaster. Maybe I will try some different ones this fall.

Bulbs I can handle. It's when I go nuts and buy all those darn sale perennials - for which I have no room to begin with! - and then don't get them in the ground, which drives me crazy. I really should know better!

Dee
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #3926683

I planted a lot of stuff last winter that really took off in the spring. The only reason I am not buying a ton of stuff is that I have run out of room. I have just enough room for a few more irises - then I have to move onto the terrace.

Gee . . . I wish I could show you the plan I drew up for a garden on the terrace. It is a 36 foot diameter circle divided into 4 quatants - each centred on a campus point. I started originally with the idea of roses and lilies, and after a couple of months of that nonsense, I have finally narrowed the plant range to those that will bloom for most of the summer, that are drought resistant (and hopefully disease resistant).

Anyway, the east quadrant is all soft pinks, blues, and yellows for the dawn

The south quadrant is bright golds, yellows, oranges, and medium blue for high noon.

The west quadrant is magentas, mauves, purples and dark blues for sunset

And the north quadrant is dark blues and whites for stars at midnight.

All I have to do is convince the neighbours that the project is do-able. - You see what a newbie I am - no sensible person would do this. lol
daiseycat
Assonet, MA
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #3946094

Transplanting; daylillies, thistle, phlox, asters, corrieopsis, cone flowers, scabiosa, asiatic lillies, ferns & tradescantia. Planting; hostas, asclepias, rudbeckia, kniphofia, phlox, crepe myrtle, delphineums, foxtail, hibiscus, foxglove, goatsbeard, columbines & orange glory flowers. So far, thats it. Oh, a topiarie, think thats it.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
3:12 AM

Post #3946107

Wow, Daiseycat, sounds like you'll be busy.
daiseycat
Assonet, MA
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
3:37 AM

Post #3946189

Jen; I'm so glad Victor started this thread. Until I put it in writing I didn't realize how ambitious I was. I've hit a couple of snags already. My DH (poor guy is soooo busy) will not be able to build the shade garden this year. That is where I was going to transplant most "transplants". Finding suitable spots will be time consuming - both finding and preparing. If this weather keeps up, anything is doable. (?sp) Have a great day. :)

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
4:13 AM

Post #3946291

I had to try to keep my mind on doing just one area because my yard is such a blank slate I get anxious to jump in and do so much more.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
1:05 PM

Post #3946904

Wow - that's a full load, daisey! Lots of perennials. Which Crapes? They're okay in your area?
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
2:10 PM

Post #3947140

I just planted a lespedeza and some reblooming daylilies. Although I put a net over them, a deer already pulled it aside and took a chunk out of two of the daylilies. Grr.
I'll have to think of countermeasures before my Bluestone order arrives (sidalcea, anemone, scabiosa).
daiseycat
Assonet, MA
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
2:31 PM

Post #3947215

Victor I believe we are in the same zone. (knew there was something I liked about you.) :) I have ordered the dwarf CM - Hopi, and Dynamite. Most of what I am going to plant is not here yet. Too bad, this weather is so energizing. Still learning to be patient. "Patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, Grace is a little girl with a dirty face." I've just started giving gardening an honest try. Prior to retirement, if I had time, I just puttered, and put pretty plants here and there. That brought moments of joy, but the gardens have no bones or symetry (?sp). Trying to organize/optimize, and bring in some more trees and shrubs without losing sight of my budget. I truly need a Topiary for the front of the house. It has to be at least 4' tall now, maxing about 15'. I don't want to spend over $200.00. This may turn into a DIY project. So little time, so little $, so much fun. Have a good day.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
3:01 PM

Post #3947341

Sounds like a great plan. I have Hopi - very nice. Light pink blooms. Don't have Dynamite. (Yet).

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
3:05 PM

Post #3947360

Three fantastic underused small shrubs - Fothergilla, Itea and Enkiathus. The last two have larger varieties as well. All have nice blooms in Spring and incredible Fall color. You can grow a small Clematis through them for Summer blooms.
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
6:16 PM

Post #3947951

I love the idea of growing a clematis through them. :-)
amethystsm
belleville, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
10:58 PM

Post #3948820

(behind in my reading, but...)
That sounds beautiful, Seandor - what a lovely idea! I hope you get to do it.

Quoting:It is a 36 foot diameter circle divided into 4 quatants - each centred on a campus point.

Is the campus the one you teach on?
(I go to SCSU, which has no point...)
; - )

amy

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2007
11:09 PM

Post #3948857

I'm guessing she meant compass point.
amethystsm
belleville, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2007
11:50 PM

Post #3948979

ah, i see your point.
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2007
10:16 PM

Post #3952256

Yeah . . . what can I say? George Bernard Shaw is my hero - he wasn't keen on spelling eiither.

Besides, we non-spellers are very tolerant and accepting people - we never give the spelling-advantaged any grief. :-)

(Thanks for helping me out, Victor)

This message was edited Sep 8, 2007 6:18 PM

This message was edited Sep 8, 2007 6:18 PM
Candyce
The Monadnock Region, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2007
12:22 PM

Post #3953761

Question:
Should I be cutting the brown leaves off of the foxglove now? They look kinda bad. And what about the flower spikes? Should they be cut, or should I leave them on? I realize that leaving them on the plant through the wsinter will make for some great 'snow' pictures.

Ugh! Even the word 'snow' gives me the shivers!!!!
ngam
Southeast, MA
(Zone 6b)

September 9, 2007
2:03 PM

Post #3954095

I do if the seeds have all gone or you could harvest them if you want, I let mine just self seed. I also trim up the leaves and you may get some new green growth.
Candyce
The Monadnock Region, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2007
4:23 PM

Post #3954541

Thanks, ngam.
We do have some new green growth (very thrilled with that). I guess that I'll take my little clippers outside with me tomorrow on the daily garden walk.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Northeast Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Glad you're better Dave Anitabryk2 209 May 19, 2007 12:03 AM
Cortaderia selloana (Pampas grass) as annual zone5girl 4 Jun 16, 2007 3:41 AM
Mammoth Elephant Ear Janecline 18 May 16, 2007 2:52 PM
Hi. I would like to join your Forum - if it is OK. AYankeeCat 42 Dec 9, 2007 5:56 PM
Rosemary hardiness in CT? jjpm74 26 May 19, 2007 10:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America