Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2): Nice Article

Communities > Forums > Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2)Replies: 4, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

August 31, 2007
12:55 PM

Post #3921110

Good information...I have to question the point where you say freezer bags are not reusable...I have been washing and reusing them for years with no ill effects.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2007
6:54 PM

Post #3922556

LOL, threegardenders, I read a book by a noted pennypincher on all kinds of ways to save money, and that was one of them. I suppose if you wash them thoroughly they'd be ok.

I found the history on Mr. Birdseye interesting--I always thought that was just a fictitious name! Thanks for another great article, Paul!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

August 31, 2007
8:30 PM

Post #3922859

Great information Paul! Thanks, I'm sure I'll be using some of this info in the near future.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2007
10:10 PM

Post #3923217

I love knowing the history behind things...I'm a walking Jeopardy answer anyway!
valleyrimgirl
Brandon, MB
(Zone 2b)

October 11, 2010
6:37 AM

Post #8149959

I also agree with threegardeners. Ziploc bags or other brands of plastic bags are totally reuseable unless they have a hole in them. I wash them, dry them and reuse them and have done so for years. This is what my mom always does too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
yucca seeds gunca 1 Sep 3, 2007 10:12 AM
enjoying series sal522 1 Sep 4, 2007 6:33 PM
Thank You Fairleigh 0 Sep 5, 2007 5:02 PM
Freezable foods Chilko 3 Oct 11, 2010 4:39 AM
Keeping onions 1745 0 Sep 25, 2007 2:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America