Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Shed: Black plastic compost bins that make compost quickly

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 2, Views: 128
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
crabmeat
Kyle, TX

September 5, 2007
12:55 PM

Post #3939299

Has anyone had any experience using those black compost containers that supposedly make ready-to-use compost in just a few weeks, merely by turning it once a day? I'd like to know if they are worth the money.
brigidlily
Lumberton, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2007
3:39 PM

Post #3974571

Just saw your post, crabmeat. I have an envirocycle tumbler and have not had much luck with it. They removed the air holes because critters were getting into them, and it sort of defeated the purpose. You have to be really careful with your proportions as well. You can get a lot of info on the 'soil and compost' forum.
crabmeat
Kyle, TX

September 14, 2007
7:37 PM

Post #3975424

Thank you, Brigidlily. Hearing someone's actual experience is what I was looking for. We have a couple of "lazy" compost piles, which work great for us, but I was wondering if the compact compost tumblers, like what you had, would work for people in small yards and with neighborhood rules about regular compost piles. It sounds like it was too good to be true. Thanks also for the tip about looking at the soil and compost forum. I hadn't seen that yet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America