Photo by Melody

Article: Winter Sowing Your Seeds: A new subject for me!

Communities > Forums > Article: Winter Sowing Your Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Winter Sowing Your SeedsReplies: 9, Views: 100
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2007
6:34 PM

Post #3940548

I have always grown from seed in the Bio Domes and sponges...pampering them all the time until ready to be moved to the garden...I just start 6 weeks ahead of time or maybe 8 weeks ahead of time...never even thought about putting them outside when it is too cold...maybe I will get brave enough to do this with perennials but not annuals...thanks for the article...

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 5, 2007
6:41 PM

Post #3940565

It is a very good thing to recycle as many materials as possible, and you have done a great job of it.
Well done my friend!!!
Josephine.
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 5, 2007
9:06 PM

Post #3941161

Thank you so much - I love to winter sow... takes a lot of the work out of it for me.
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2007
9:25 PM

Post #3941249

I am lost...is this about recycling or learning to winter sow and not have to work as hard as I do on perennial seed???

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 5, 2007
9:27 PM

Post #3941260

It is about both, I just happened to focus on the recycling.
Josephine.
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2007
9:31 PM

Post #3941279

I didn't see the recycling part again...but Mitch, thank you so much for a new idea for me to try...really time saving...
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 5, 2007
9:36 PM

Post #3941305

Look at what I have to use for pots...

This message was edited Sep 5, 2007 5:50 PM
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2007
10:38 PM

Post #3941476

giggling as I type...I think I like my bio domes better (LOL)...but I like the idea of trying to germinate seeds as the weather permits for each person...thanks, Mitch...
gail
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 6, 2007
12:33 AM

Post #3941852

I love to try new things, so I'll be recycing my soymilk bottles into winter homes for special seedlings and let Mother Nature do all the work. Got to remember to put this in my Journal. Thanks so much for the information.
PS Thanks for the pic.
Mittsy
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 6, 2007
1:39 AM

Post #3942146

This article really gets me excited all over again about winter sowing. Nows the time to start collecting recyclable containers. My DH drinks orange juice like I drink water. Each orange juice carton goes in the sink instead of the garbage. Rinse it out and poke holes in the bottom and it's ready for storage until I need it in late December.
Enjoyed the article Mitch! It's inspired me to start my seed inventory list.

Deborah

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Winter Sowing Your Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you LouC 19 Mar 17, 2008 1:44 AM
Using the Spa Cover! Gymgirl 3 May 7, 2010 8:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America