Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sweetpea1968
Struthers, OH

September 7, 2007
3:26 PM

Post #3947432

Could you tell me the name of the tree? I'm buying my first home and I need a small tree by my porch. This would look great and just be different for everybody else! Thank's
ldmccullen
Richmond, TX

October 8, 2007
4:32 PM

Post #4061325

We moved into our house last February. We have a tree like the one in your picture except ours is way to big and not very full. Do you know how to prune this kind of tree and, in fact, do you know the name of it? The best I have been able to come up with is a Trumpet Tree but I haven't found any care tips. Thanks for your help

Calif_Sue

Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2007
6:56 AM

Post #4121230

I see this never got answered,
This is a brugmansia, also known as Angel's Trumpets, native to subtropical regions of South America so they can be grown year round in frost free climates or pot grown and brought inside in colder climates.
Here is the Brugmansia Forum http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/brugsetc/all/
Pied
Kewaskum, WI

November 6, 2008
9:57 PM

Post #5760159

Are there any types of Angel's Trumpet that can handle zone 4?

Calif_Sue

Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5760819

No, they are tropical. Many in cold zones grow them and then cut them back for the winter and store them in the garage or basement. There are tips for that in the brug forum link above, I am not sure of the best way as I leave mine out year round.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Fountain Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Angel Trumpet sassyteacher 0 Apr 1, 2008 5:47 PM
trumpets tacklebox 0 Apr 17, 2009 2:56 PM
Angel's Trumpets dragonflygoddes 1 Mar 6, 2010 5:02 PM
nice touch redklutch 0 Mar 11, 2010 12:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America