Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Roses: Going to See A Rose Garden...

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 3, Views: 133
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 14, 2001
5:28 AM

Post #10748

Hey all- I'm getting excited... I'm going out west on Friday for 10 days or so... and my first stop will be in Alb., N.M... and the Prospect Rose Garden!! (It's only one and a hlf blocksa from myparents house where I grew up)
And I'm gonna take lots and lots of pics!!!! I'd love to take some cuttings too, but I'm sure that's not allowed!
Anyway- the reason I'm excited is that I was a little girl when this rose garden was first started- The Camp Fire Girls Club I was in even helped! And my Mom was one of the people who worked a lt at it gettingit started. I even vagueky remember the openig dedication ceremony of it! Of course, back then, I could have cared less...
and now here I am sharing my mom's love of growing roses!!
So, I can;t wait to see it now and walk around in it and CLICK, CLICK, CLICK!! I'll try to get as many as I can so I can post them in the plant id !!
Sorry this is soooo long- had to share!
-JSS
CoCo

August 14, 2001
10:51 AM

Post #110160

JSS,
Have you ever been to the Rose Festival at Tyler? That is the 3rd week of October. Have never been there but hear it is really something to see. I would like to go there this year but don't know if I will be able to. Have to see how things work out here on this end.
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2001
12:12 PM

Post #110204

Lucky you jeanne and lovely that you still cherish such memories :-)
JSS
Cordova, MD

August 14, 2001
3:28 PM

Post #110285

CoCo- Wow! You ought to go! Let me know how it is!! What a wonderful time of year for it! I have read that it is realy a big thing there!
-JSS

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America