Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cooking: A term

Communities > Forums > Cooking
Forum: CookingReplies: 4, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
Arcata, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2007
5:55 AM

Post #4010710

What do you call when you start with onions, celery and carrots. Its a base of many soups, etc.?
Sedalia, MO

September 24, 2007
12:08 PM

Post #4011028

Emeril calls it the trinity.

Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2007
12:25 PM

Post #4011082

Mirepoix---A mixture of fairly fine, diced vegetables such as carrots, onions, and celery

Arcata, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2007
6:04 PM

Post #4012300

Thanks, that answers my question. One day I was at a friends house and she was using those items, I asked her what that was called, she didn't know. I remembered from my old army days as a mess sgt. but couldn't think of it.
-South Central-, IL
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2007
4:56 PM

Post #4044741

Yep, from Emeril, the Trinity. and when you think about it, it is!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America