Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

PlantFiles How-to's: Help

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles How-to's
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles How-to'sReplies: 4, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lindagm
Franklinton, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2007
2:48 PM

Post #4023143

Hi,

I need your help in identifying a plant that my mother gave me. She said it is called an ornamental potato vine. I have been trying to find more information on this vine. The leaves are green and have a rough texture and are a beautiful heart shape. There are no blooms but the plant does bear a fruit that is brown and bumpy skinned. The vine is a perennial.

Thank you

Linda
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2007
2:52 PM

Post #4023156

Linda, you should post your question in the Plant ID forum--this forum is just for questions about the Plant Files database and not nearly as many people will see your question here. If you can take a picture of it and post that too it would be helpful. Here's a link to the ID forum in case you don't know where it is: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantid/all/
Lindagm
Franklinton, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2007
2:54 PM

Post #4023166

thank you ecrane3
Farmerdill
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 27, 2007
3:23 PM

Post #4023299

Sounds like the infamous Air Potato ( Dioscorea bulbifera )www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/invaspec/2ndlevpgs/pdfs/airpotato-ifas.pdf
http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/diobul.html
Lindagm
Franklinton, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2007
7:52 PM

Post #4024183

Thank you Farmerdill! It is the the air potato. The soil here in the s.e. louisiana is mostly clay, so I guess that is why the plant does not grow so easily.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America